Hemoglobin

What was the cause of your high hemoglobin reading? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Kelly, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I had a miscarriage and I lost so much blood and passed solid clots the size of grapefruits over a period of a couple of hours to the point where I was so dizzy and lightheaded I couldn't breathe and started going in and out of consciousness. When the ambulance got me and took me to emergency I had a blood test and then 1 hour later I was admitted to hospital and they gave me a blood transfusion and an iron transfusion. The next morning had another blood test only to find my hemoglobin levels have gone even lower. And it's been nearly 4 weeks and my blood levels are still very low, I'm now also chronic anemic and still bleeding out small clots.

Comment from: Sloblo, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 20

I was once told by my internist that high or enlarged red blood cells indicated drinking too much alcohol. I do enjoy a few drinks each day and my hemoglobin does show high.

Comment from: Subhakanta , 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 10

My brother has a result of 32 hemoglobin. I can’t understand how it is possible and why!

Comment from: pat, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 20

I am at work only in night 3 years all over, I work very hard. This may be the cause of my high hemoglobin, it is hard for me to sleep. I am irritable and sometimes I am in level of nervous state. When I have tried to sleep I keep thinking and remembering the past that never leaves my mind. It make me uncomfortable.

QUESTION

Sickle cell disease is named after a farming tool. See Answer
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW