Viewer Comments: Hemorrhoids - Surgery

Hemorrhoids: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids:

Hemorrhoids - Surgery

Did you need surgery for your hemorrhoids? Please describe the experience.

Comment from: john, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I had banding done 5 months ago for 3 internal piles, it was not a problem. A week ago I got a savage external hemorrhoid and had to get up for 2 nights with the pain. I tried Rectinol and also made a batch of witch hazel, aloe vera and tea tree oil which I soaked in a cotton ball and left you know where. I slept last night. It has gone down and nowhere as sore. I also took a couple of naproxen, hope this helps someone.

Comment from: Patty W., 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I wasn't convinced about surgery for my hemorrhoids but I spoke with my doctor and finally I tried THD (transanal hemorrhoidal dearterialization) surgery to solve hemorrhoids problem for it was the definitive solution.

Must Read Articles Related to Hemorrhoids

Anal Itching
Anal Itching Anal itching is a common problem experienced by both men and women. Examples of causes of anal itching include irritants such as perfumes, chemicals, or dyes in...learn more >>
Gastrointestinal Bleeding (GI)
Gastrointestinal Bleeding Gastrointestinal (GI) bleeding eithe...learn more >>
Postpartum Perineal Care
Postpartum Perineal Care The perineum is between the urethra, the tube that carries urine from the bladder, and the anus. In women, the perineum includes the vaginal opening. Some times...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Hemorrhoids:

Hemorrhoids - Causes

Do you sit too much? Not enough fiber in your diet? Please discuss the reason for your hemorrhoids.

Hemorrhoids - Symptoms

What are your hemorrhoid symptoms?

Hemorrhoids - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your hemorrhoids?