Hemorrhoids

What are your hemorrhoid symptoms? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Kelly, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 21

I have a singular hemorrhoid, asymptomatic except extreme pain. I have never experienced one before. It has a palpable pulse, hard to reduce (push back in), I am beginning to think it may be a prolapsed tumor. It started hurting yesterday. I've had a gastrointestinal bleed, unrelated to hemorrhoids, believed to be from medication for my blood pressure or possibly another cause. I'm also a nurse with some experience with these things, but not as a patient. First timer.

Comment from: chapril, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I have external hemorrhoids. Not sure if I have internal ones. Lately when I shower and use hot water to wash the soap away I bleed really badly. That is the only time. The hemorrhoids shrink but do not go away. I am getting concerned because the amount of blood is staggering. I never have any pain, itching, etc., just the swollen hemorrhoids and the bleeding. I have to stand in the shower until finally I take a towel and cover the area so I can rinse down the shower and get out of it to dry. I am on Plavix so that may be the excess, but boy, it is getting scary. I am going to call my gastroenterologist on Monday.

Comment from: Sbrown, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 15

I have real bad hemorrhoids. I did remove some pulp, but I have bleeding continually, though I don't have pain. I stick to alkaline diet, lots of fruits, green juice and dandelion tea. I have no problem for bowel movements, just bleeding is my only problem. I don't eat meat only spelt flour, quinoa, black rice, lots of mushrooms, and coconut. I use a lot native products only, I am doing great except for bleeding.

Comment from: Esther, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

I have had hemorrhoids for many years (I have five kids) but I've never had what I have today. It started yesterday evening, very painful, hard thingy. It's Sunday, so now I have to suffer until tomorrow, when I can call my doctor. I am not bleeding. I assume that it's a thrombosed hemorrhoid. Ouch.

Comment from: jferr3, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: October 14

You have no idea how much pain you are in for after getting hemorrhoid surgery. Wait until you have your first bowel movement, it is like passing razor blades.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 22

My hemorrhoids symptoms are bleeding from anus, and pain but low grade.

Comment from: selamawit, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

My hemorrhoid symptom is first degree. It happens only sometimes when stool is dry but last time after delivery more developed and now I am pregnant.

Comment from: mrbum, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 05

About a year ago I noticed some bright red blood on my toilet paper after the toilet. I put some cream on and thought that perhaps I had a small cut on my anus. Felt a bit like a paper cut. Slight pain went away. Year on and same thing happened, a few days ago. So being insured I thought Doc can have a look. Went in yesterday and doctor had a look and reported that I had internal Hemorrhoids, on a scale of 1 to 5 they were a 3. He gave me some internal cream with a special dispenser (doxiproct) to use for a week and some tablets to take for 3 weeks. We discussed worse case scenario and he said that if bleeding were to continue he would book me in and check my bowls for cancer using an endoscope. I have said well do it anyway as insurance is paying for it. So next wednesday I am having a a 1.5 m scope up my bum. Of the joy. I am lucky tough, my hemorrhoids do not hurt. Don't know what caused them. I go to gym every day for an hour, am fit and healthy, don't do anal sex. I suppose it's just Gods way of having a laugh.

Comment from: Helena84, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I had my hemorrhoids under control for many years. After I had my daughter two years ago, they got worse and finally my doctor advised me the THD method, which I had in January. It really helped me. I was surprised that it didn't hurt nearly as much as I'd expected. For me the biggest advantage of this method is that you can go home the same day! With a baby at home, it would have been very hard for me to stay in the hospital longer.

Comment from: Ruth K, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 08

Please: don't assume it's hemorrhoids, mine turned out to be squamous cell anal cancer, stage 3, N-1. I was 63, a recent widow. I am now in remission but if Ms. Farrah Fawcett had not passed away when she did, and if my best friend had not read the newspaper listing her symptoms and bought this to my attention, and subsequently to my doctor's, I wouldn't be posting this. This is a rare cancer but masquerades as a hemorrhoid.

Comment from: peter, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 30

From the age of 25 i have this thing call piles even now as i write this its swollen bleeding painful try many things know what to do.

Comment from: 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: July 30

Am feeling a severe pain in my anus, I felt a swollen lump in an my anus. I've tried some antiseptic & an antibacterial tablet that relieve the pain but the pain came back this morning.

Comment from: In pain, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: January 22

I have had hemorrhoids for over 34 years now. I've always had problems with using the toilet. Three days ago I started to get the most pain I have ever had. I didn't want to say anything to the wife, so I kept it to myself. I think I need to see a doctor now as I can't use the toilet at all.

Comment from: Perchon, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

Bleeding, pain, and a swollen protuberance are all classic symptoms of hemorrhoids. Now, before you go under the knife check out Hemrid or products like Hemrid that are successful against hemorrhoids. Good luck.

Comment from: cjstudent54, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: December 03

Since earlier this month, it's the first time that I've seen a lot of blood. I believe I've had external hemorrhoids, but now I have internal. I've heard a little blood looks like a lot and mine is a bright red. I have an appointment at a stomach doctor in January. There's no pain, but my anxiety level over worrying about this has raised. This is from the use of long term pain medication from several back surgeries.

Comment from: Wesley, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: October 31

My hemorrhoids had itching followed by severe pains and blood, then itching again followed by pain. I did not know what to deal with. Pain does not respond to pain killers. Unable to sleep all night long for the past two weeks. I am using Viodor antiseptic cream, Tibb-Pilo tabs and some antibiotics. They are not helping much.

Comment from: k_carroll2010, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 26

I got an external hemorrhoid when I was 17, I'm 20 now. I have never had any problems with it. It does not hurt. It will itch every now and then, but nothing serious. I want to get it removed because its just embarrassing but I don't know what the best thing would be. I don't think any type of cream would work considering the size. And I wouldn't mind having surgery, as long as its not too painful of a recovery. I cant miss much work. I'm very grateful that I don't have any pain from it. Its like its just a piece of dead skin on my anus.

Comment from: lara, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

I have a purple lump around my anal opening, not sure at all and a pink/purple lump between my vagina and anal opening. It's not painful or sore just sensitive.

Comment from: user1012, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 07

Bleeding during a bowel movement and clots of blood

Comment from: RE12, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 17

The worst symptom I seem to experience is anal itching. I generally use Vaseline or lanolin as a skin protectant as this seems to help a bit when the hemorrhoids flare. I've found that prep-H does nothing but make the itching worse. I've read that Desitin helps shrink the tissue. Has anyone ever tried Hesperidin or Butcher's Broom?

Comment from: Robin, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I have external bleeding.

Comment from: Do, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 12

I discovered I had hemorrhoid 3 years ago when I was pregnant, but my doctor advised that I not use any treatment because it was going to disappear after delivery. Unfortunately my anus keeps growing to date.

Comment from: Geraldine Guttierez, Female Published: June 10

The first thing that you can look for is bright red blood. It is most often found of toilet paper when wiping after passing stool. This is an indicator that you have internal hemorrhoids.

Comment from: Rbaby, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I have been fighting my hemorrhoids for few months now. They burn, they itch, and bleed on and off. I've been using over the counter stuff, but I drive a lot so that aggravates them.

Comment from: tweet, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 04

Symptoms of my hemorrhoids were burning pain when I sit and stand.

Comment from: hamo sufferer, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I've been suffering from external hemorrhoids for years. It's very hard for me as I have little children. Every time it's very sore I have to lie down, and lately it's been very painful when I'm driving or standing for too long.

Comment from: Zoomer, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: March 01

I have experienced thrombosed hemorrhoids appearing 1 to 2 days after lifting heavy objects while under stress. They are noticeable during bowel movements and very painful when walking, standing and sitting. I have had a doctor lance the hemorrhoids and push out the blood clots. It reduces the pain immediately but within months the issue returns. After surgery and following a high-fiber diet, I have seen them return.

Hemorrhoids occur to me about 1-2 times per year. Painful sensation while defecating and some pain while flexing the muscles of the anus. I have observed the occasional blood on toilet paper. I have no pain or problems outside these occurrences.

Comment from: roscha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

I had bleeding and protruding tissue/vessels with my hemorrhoids. I also experienced severe itching and shooting pains.

Comment from: Matthew, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: July 06

I have suffered from hemorrhoids. Anytime I get a flare up I use a product called Hem-eez. It's an easy to take tablet that really gives me a lot of relief, and helps me with the hemorrhoid issue itself. I ordered my Hemeez online and within a matter of days I got fast relief. I highly recommend Hemeez for anyone who has had hemorrhoids.

Comment from: maggieJ, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 23

I have had hemorrhoids off and on for many years. I am having a serious bout for the past 5 months. The doctorsaid take pyscillium and Anusol HC suppositories. No change. There is pain on elimination and most times just a small bit of blood. Occasionally more. I am 73 years old. It is just age that I can't get rid of them this time. It used to just last for a week at a time. I am as regular as a clock - hardly finish my oatmeal/oat bran and have to go. Seldom is the stool even slightly hard - nearly always soft and not overly large in diameter.

Comment from: Shane, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

My anus itched after having anal sex for the first time and I noticed painful bowl movements that had a very bright red blood with them. I then noticed a pain near my anus on what seemed like a skin tag while scrubbing in the shower and looked at it with a hand held mirror. There was a small skin tag along with some swelling on my anus with what looked like small sores that were somewhat painful but not very noticeable. I hope this helps with anyone else that might have the same problem, this website really helped me.

Comment from: Anne, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 18

I went to my doctor who examined me and said I have hemorrhoids but I have this weird like a pulse that keeps twitching constantly I have tried creams etc but nothing seems to help, has anybody else experienced this. Thank you for reading this.

Comment from: Rojo1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 09

I have never had hemorrhoids before in my life. Now I have been suffering for a month. I have had some good days but they are far and few between. I have tried creams, wipes and hot baths to no avail. I will try the Desitin and see if that works. I have no health insurance so going to the doctor is out for now, since I just started working 3 weeks ago from being out of work for 6 months. I am going bonkers and I work at a desk all day. This is so embarrassing, there are days that I can barely walk I have so much pain.

Comment from: Lonah, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 24

I've been found with a hemorrhoid when I was 19 and that was last year. I hadn't become pregnant or had sex. I did go to see the doctor. It's an external beside the anus. There was bleeding at the beginning then it's gone for a long time. I'm now feeling it again, with a little bit of bleeding during bowel movements. I also take a lot of time to sit on the toilet. A little feeling of pain just after going.

REFERENCE:

Rakel RE, Rakel D. "Textbook of Family Medicine." 9th edition. 2015 Saunders.