HIV Testing: Human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) is the virus that causes acquired immune deficiency syndrome (AIDS). HIV destroys the body's immune system and leads to AIDS. The Western blot and ELISA are the two types of tests most commonly used to detect HIV infection. There are also at-home HIV tests.
Must Read Articles:
Expert Views and News
- HIV Prevention and Syringe Services Programs
- 3 in 10 Americans With HIV Have Virus in Check
- New HIV Guidelines Released by WHO
- Get Tested on National HIV Testing Day, June 27
- Despite Huge HIV Treatment Gains, Many Left Out
- FDA Approves First Drug for HIV Prevention
- FDA Approves First at-Home HIV Test
- First At-Home HIV Test Nears Approval
- HIV Infections in U.S.
- Pills to Prevent HIV
- HIV: Who Has It? 55% in U.S. Don't Know