HIV/AIDS

What treatments have effectively managed your HIV/AIDS infection? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: mamzo, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 15

I am HIV positive and I've been taking treatment more than a year now but I don't see anything, I'm getting worse instead of getting better. My weight is going down and I grow glands between my jaws and neck. I wonder if I'm using the right treatment Atroiza which I get from the clinic every month.

Comment from: NOMSA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 13

I have been HIV positive for 6 years now. I have been taking Tribuss since I was infected by my husband who left me. I live with my kids unemployed, I try get a job all the time, I go for interviews and mostly they want to test for HIV. In the end I end up not getting a job because of my status. I never got sick due to HIV, I don't know what step I have to take now but taking my life.

Comment from: Angel Eyes, 65-74 Female Published: May 01

I was diagnosed with HIV five years ago. I caught it after being in a hospital. Since I had been celibate and never done drugs. A nurse, now in prison, used contaminated equipment on purpose on patients, making many Ill. It was on international news. Doctors say I will die without treatment. But I have refused them. It's been a difficult journey. I don't trust drugs or medical field. It hasn't yet turned into full blown AIDS, but, I know if this happens, I'm gone.

Comment from: Nancy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 29

I never knew I was positive, but was so scared to be positive. When I started developing some symptoms, I visited a doctor and was positive. But that's when life began for me. HIV is not the death sentence it once was.

Comment from: newly diagnosed, 45-54 Male Published: August 04

HIV is not the death sentence it once was. It is now a life sentence - without the possibility of parole with the HAART meds being a lifetime commitment and with being a responsible sex partner and taking appropriate precautions to prevent the transmission of infection.

Comment from: youngman49, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 05

I have had HIV now for more than 20 years, and I find that if you take your medications on a regular basis, you can live long, long time.

Comment from: God's child143, (Caregiver) Published: April 05

My best friend has been living with HIV for over 15 years. He takes his medicine. He exercises. He eats regularly and like many others you would never know he has HIV. I love him. One of the greatest resources besides getting tested and getting early medical treatment is having a support system.

• HIV/AIDS - Diagnosis

How was your HIV/AIDS diagnosed?

Post View 2 Comments
  • HIV - Prevention

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting HIV?

Post View 1 Comment
  • HIV/AIDS - Symptoms and Signs

What are your HIV/AIDS symptoms and signs?

Post

Switzerland. World Health Organization (WHO). "HIV/AIDS." <http://www.who.int/hiv/en/>.

United Stages. AIDSinfo. "Guidelines for the Use of Antiretroviral Agents in HIV-1-Infected Adults and Adolescents." July 14, 2016. <https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/guidelines/html/1/adult-and-adolescent-arv-guidelines/11/what-to-start>.

United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "HIV/AIDS." July 28, 2016. <http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/>.