How Long Does It Take to Know If You Have Salmonella?: Symptoms of Salmonella usually appear within six hours to six days after eating food (or touching an animal) contaminated with the bacteria and include. Nausea, vomiting, fever and diarrhea are all hallmark symptoms.
Must Read Articles:
Food PoisoningFood poisoning is caused by viruses, bacteria, toxins, parasites, or chemicals that have contaminated food or drinking water. Symptoms of food poisoning include diarrhea, vomiting, nausea, fever, abdominal cramping, dehydration, rectal bleeding, and bloating. Food poisoning usually can be cared for at home. In some instances (severe dehydration) a person may be hospitalized for treatment.
Is Salmonella ContagiousSalmonella infection, or salmonellosis, is a culprit in food poisoning -- transmissible from animals, raw food, or direct contact with an infected person or their personal items. Salmonella causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
SalmonellaSalmonella is a bacterial that can cause infectious diseases in humans. You get Salmonella by ingesting contaminated food or water and the infection is referred to as "food poisoning." Symptoms and signs of Salmonella infection include diarrhea, nausea, vomiting, and possibly fever. Sometimes Salmonella requires no treatment, other times a doctor may prescribe antibiotics.
Is Salmonella Contagious? Salmonella infection, or salmonellosis, is a culprit in food poisoning -- transmissible from animals, raw food, or direct contact with an infected person or their personal items. Salmonella causes nausea, vomiting and diarrhea.
Expert Views and News
- Pet Food Recalled Over Salmonella
- Listeria Food Poisoning Hits Elderly, Moms Hard
- Salmonella Risk Prompts Easter Candy Recall
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Foster Farms Chicken
- Recall: Salmonella in Nesquik Chocolate Powder?
- Deaths in Salmonella Outbreak Traced to Cantaloupe
- Salmonella Outbreak Again Tied to Ohio Hatchery
- Salmonella Concerns Prompt Baby Spinach Recall
- Diamond Dog Food Recall: Salmonella
- More Ground Turkey Recalled Because of Salmonella Risk
- Salmonella Outbreak Linked to Papaya
- Frogs That Spread Salmonella Are Being Sold Again
- Egg Recall: FDA Finds Salmonella on Suspect Farms
- Salmonella Outbreaks Spur Nationwide Egg Recall
- Frozen Meals Linked to Salmonella Outbreak
- Spices Recalled in Salmonella Scare
- Salmonella Found in Crushed Red Pepper
- Salmonella From Pet Frogs Spans 31 States
- Food Poisoning May Raise IBD Risk
- CDC: Food Poisoning Rates Persist
- FDA: Stop Eating Pistachios, Salmonella Feared
- Pistachios Recalled on Salmonella Fears
- Baby Chicks Crawling With Salmonella
- Salmonella Factoids
- Salmonella Outbreak Hits 42 States
- Keep Food Poisoning off Summer Menu
- Salmonella From Pet Turtle Kills Baby