Weight Watchers Reimagined, called WW, is a diet plan based on “Smart Points,” which assigns point values to foods based on calories, fat, protein, and sugar.
WW also incorporates “Zero-Point Foods” such as certain fruits, non-starchy vegetables, eggs, chicken breast, turkey breast, fish, shellfish, beans, legumes, tofu, tempeh, and non-fat plain yogurt that don’t have to be counted because they are unlikely to be overeaten.
There are several different plans available. Sometimes there are sign-up incentives, such as signing up for two months and getting a third month free. Costs below are current as of September 2021.
What Weight Watchers Plans Are Available?
The Digital plan starts at $3.38/week ($13.52 per month). This plan is for people who basically want to do the program on their own.
- There is an app for users
- There are personalized tools to help people choose what to eat and that also encourage them to exercise
- There are recipes available, on-demand workouts, meal planning tools, members-only community support, challenges, and 24/7 Coach chat
- Users can set goals for the coming weeks and view achievements in a weekly progress report
The Digital 360 plan starts at $4.61/week ($18.44 per month). This plan contains all of the features of the Digital plan, and is for those who want more guided support.
- In addition to Digital plan features, there are WW coaches and a community of members
- Also contains live and on-demand wellness experiences in the app such as cooking demos to mediation sessions
The Unlimited Workshops + Digital plan starts at $6.92/week ($27.68 per month). This plan includes all of the above, but is for those who want face-to-face accountability.
- Features in-person or virtual workshops with a WW Coach and group
- Choose from coaches to find the right one for you, and connect with other members
What Are the Benefits of Weight Watchers?
Advantages of WW include:
- It offers three subscription plans ranging from app only to personal coaching
- WW is a solid plan for long-term weight loss
- The plan encourages participants to consume healthy foods such as fruits, vegetables, and lean protein
- Consumption of sugar and unhealthy fats are discouraged
- No foods are prohibited
What Are the Disadvantages of Weight Watchers?
Disadvantages of WW include:
- Dieters may use their extra “points budget” on foods that are less nutritious
- Food preparation and meal planning are left to the individual, which requires discipline
- Food can become a number, which can lead to a disordered relationship with food
Health Solutions From Our Sponsors