Hyperventilation

What was the cause of your hyperventilation? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: child within, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I have hyperventilated my entire life, without the awareness, since I was in a family where I was terrified of my dad. Nothing ever was as it seemed, he was a dry drunk, never touched a drop. Learned the behavior from his dad. He was abused and so was I along with my 3 brothers, and mom would have been a battered women but for the fact that not much of it was physical.

Comment from: klh57, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 02

I was overheated. I was kneeling in a chapel and praying for 20 minutes - and felt extremely dizzy and nauseated when I got up to leave. I then started hyperventilating - resulting in contraction of my fingers, arms, and tongue and throat.

Comment from: missy99, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

When walking I start to hyperventilate. I have Grave's disease, atrial fibrillation, and panic disorder. I wish I knew how to control this.

Medically reveiewed by James E. Gerace, MD; American Board of Internal Medicine with subspecialty in Pulmonary Disease

REFERENCE: