Hysterectomy is the surgical removal of the uterus. Types of hysterectomies include: total abdominal hysterectomy, supracervical or subtotal hysterectomy, radical hysterectomy, vaginal hysterectomy, laparoscopic hysterectomy (LH) laparoscopy-assisted vaginal hysterectomy (LAVH), and oophorectomy.
Expert Views and News
- Panel: Hormone Therapy Not for Disease Prevention
- Many Medical Tests, Procedures Not Always Needed
- New Cervical Cancer Guidelines: Less Screening
- Estrogen After Hysterectomy Lowers Cancer Risk?
- New Drug Treats Fibroids With Fewer Side Effects
- CDC: Cancer Screening Below Target Rates
- Guidelines Suggest Less Frequent Screening for Cervical Cancer
- Gene Mutation Found in Uterine Fibroids
- Ovary Removal Doesn't Raise Heart Risk
- Estrogen-Only HRT Not So Risky in 50s
Hysterectomy Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes: