Picture of First Trimester (8 Weeks)
At 8 weeks during the first trimester, a baby has the following features:
- Organs and body structures are beginning to take form.
- The heart beats in a customary rhythm.
- The limbs are growing longer and the fingers and toes are starting to form.
- The sex organs are beginning to form.
- The eyes move into a forward position on the face. Eyelids are apparent.
- The umbilical cord is visible.
- At 8 weeks gestational age, your baby is almost 1 inch long and weighs less than 1/8th of an ounce.
Text Reference: American Pregnancy Association: “Fetal Development: First Trimester”