Image Collection: Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- All (559)
- Allergic Skin Disorders (31)
- Bites and Infestations (27)
- Medical Illustrations (101)
- Oral Health (22)
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions (47)
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs) (12)
- Eye Diseases and Conditions (19)
- Pregnancy and Fetal Development (9)
- Bacterial Skin Infections (29)
- Noncancerous, Precancerous and Cancerous Tumors (56)
- Viral Skin Diseases (26)
- Diseases of Pigment (26)
- Fungal Skin Infections (17)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions (48)
- Scalp, Hair and Nails (26)
- Treatment and Procedures (18)
- Brain Disorders (7)
1. Picture of Psoriasis 1
Psoriasis is an autoimmune condition that causes scaly, raised, reddish patches of skin. There are several forms of psoriasis. The most common form is plaque psoriasis, which causes scaly patches on the scalp, knees, back, and elbows. About 30% of individuals with psoriasis will eventually go on to develop inflamed joints, or psoriatic arthritis. Treatment for psoriasis may include light therapy and the application of topical agents to provide relief.
Text Reference: "About Psoriasis." National Psoriasis Foundation.
Guide to understanding the Image Gallery categories:
- Could Psoriasis Cause Eye Issues?
- How Much Do You Know About Psoriatic Arthritis?
- Can You Make Living With Psoriasis Easier?