Indoor Allergens

Do you have problems with indoor allergens? Please describe your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Dale, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I am on Advair twice a day, ProAir as needed. In the last 2 weeks allergies have kicked in. I was tested 10 years ago at allergists and results were that l was mildly allergic to dust. I have full symptoms including heavy chest and really feel any sort of physical demands exhausting and trigger me to cough. This is a short description. I don't feel strong enough to even leave the house. I read this article and feel l may be a candidate for shots. I need to make an appointment with the primary care physician. I wonder why it shows an extremely high index for indoor dust and dander right now.

Comment from: thisoldhouse, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

I lived in a two story duplex upstairs. I had carpet and could leave windows open. Never had a problem. I just moved into another duplex lower unit and have been getting headaches, and dust allergy symptoms. I cleaned the apartment and closed the floor furnace. But I still have symptoms. I will see the doctor or move out if I can't get help.

Medically reviewed by Michael Manning, MD; American Board of Allergy & Immunology

REFERENCE:

"Allergen avoidance in the treatment of asthma and allergic rhinitis"
UpToDate.com