Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- How Long Does Mono Last For?
- How Does AIDS Start?
- Guinea Worm Disease (Dracunculiasis)
- What Does the Start of an Ear Infection Feel Like?
- Biological Warfare
- West Nile Virus
- Why Is the TB Vaccine Not Given in the U.S.?
- Measles (Rubeola)
- How Do You Know If You Have Walking Pneumonia?
- Viral Pneumonia
- What Is the Main Cause of HIV?
- telavancin (Vibativ) (Vibativ)
- procaine penicillin (Wycillin) (Wycillin)
- penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300) (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300)
- etravirine (Intelence) (Intelence)
- raltegravir (Isentress, Isentress HD) (Isentress)
- maraviroc (Selzentry) (Selzentry)
- retapamulin topical (Altabax) (Altabax)
- posaconazole (oral/injection) (Noxafil) (Noxafil)
- efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla) (Atripla)
- darunavir (Prezista) (Prezista)
- anidulafungin (Eraxis) (Eraxis)
- immune globulin (subcutaneous) (Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Hizentra) (Vivaglobin)
- tipranavir (Aptivus) (Aptivus)
- tigecycline (Tygacil) (Tygacil)
- entecavir (Baraclude) (Baraclude)
Infections Images and Slideshows
- Adult Vaccines: Protect Yourself Against Tetanus and More
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68): Symptoms and Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Medication
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever: See Photos of the Rash
- Cold, Flu, and Cough: How to Avoid Infectious Diseases
- MRSA Infection: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- What Is a Staph Infection? Symptoms, Pictures
- Hepatitis C (Hep C): Symptoms, Treatments, Antivirals
- HIV AIDS: Myths and Facts
- What's a Virus? Viral Infection Types, Symptoms, Treatment
- Strep Throat: Symptoms and Treatments for this Contagious Condition
- Infectious Disease: Are These Historical Illnesses Coming Back?
- What Drugs Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- Major Study Will Investigate Long-Haul COVID-19
- US Health Officials Warn Booster Shots May Be Limited Initially
- CDC Studies: Child COVID-19 Hospitalizations Skyrocket
- Moderna's Vaccine Creates Twice as Many Antibodies as Pfizer's
- Breakthrough Infections Twice as Likely to Be Asymptomatic
- Long COVID Symptoms Can Persist for More Than 1 Year, Study Shows
- CDC Alerts Doctors After Sharp Increases in Ivermectin Use for COVID
- FDA Fully Approves Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine
- Lyme Disease May Up Risk for Mental Illness, Suicidal Behavior
- US to Recommend COVID-19 Vaccine Boosters at 8 Months
- US Pediatric Hospitals in Peril as Delta Hits Children
- CDC Officially Endorses Third Dose of mRNA Vaccines for Immunocompromised
- Real-World COVID Vaccine Protection High in Transplant Patients
- CDC: Vaccination May Cut Risk of COVID Reinfection in Half
- Will the Delta Variant Peak and Then Burn Out?