Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- What Are Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID-19 Treatment?
- Is Hepatitis Contagious?
- Naegleria fowleri (Brain-Eating Ameoba)
- Types of COVID-19 Vaccines
- Is Croup Contagious?
- Is Sepsis Contagious?
- Is Sore Throat (Pharyngitis) Contagious?
- How Long Is COVID-19 Contagious?
- Is Meningitis Contagious?
- Is Salmonella Contagious?
- How Do You Get a Urinary Tract Infection (UTI)?
- Is the Stomach Flu Contagious?
- Is Tuberculosis (TB) Contagious?
- How Long Is a Cold or Flu Contagious?
- How Do You Get Staph Infection?
- telavancin (Vibativ) (Vibativ)
- procaine penicillin (Wycillin) (Wycillin)
- penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300) (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300)
- etravirine (Intelence) (Intelence)
- raltegravir (Isentress, Isentress HD) (Isentress)
- maraviroc (Selzentry) (Selzentry)
- retapamulin topical (Altabax) (Altabax)
- posaconazole (oral/injection) (Noxafil) (Noxafil)
- efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla) (Atripla)
- darunavir (Prezista) (Prezista)
- anidulafungin (Eraxis) (Eraxis)
- immune globulin (subcutaneous) (Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Hizentra) (Vivaglobin)
- tipranavir (Aptivus) (Aptivus)
- tigecycline (Tygacil) (Tygacil)
- entecavir (Baraclude) (Baraclude)
Infections Images and Slideshows
- What Is a Staph Infection? Symptoms, Pictures
- Hepatitis C (Hep C): Symptoms, Treatments, Antivirals
- HIV AIDS: Myths and Facts
- What's a Virus? Viral Infection Types, Symptoms, Treatment
- Strep Throat: Symptoms and Treatments for this Contagious Condition
- Infectious Disease: Are These Historical Illnesses Coming Back?
- What Drugs Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
- Ebola Virus: Outbreaks, Epidemics, and Symptoms
- Hepatitis C, Hep B, Hep A: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Norovirus: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Hepatitis: How Do You Get Hepatitis A, B, and C?
- Hepatitis: Surprising Things That Can Damage Your Liver
- What Are HIV & AIDS? Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- Toothbrush Disinfection May Protect Against COVID-19
- Pfizer Vaccine Appears to Work Against Variant, Research Shows
- US Hits 20 Million Cases as COVID Variant Spreads
- Deaths Top 350,000 as Vaccine Distribution Slows
- COVID-19 Vaccine Rollout Faces Delays
- CDC Issues COVID-19 Vaccine Guidance for Underlying Conditions
- COVID Makes 2020 the Deadliest Year in U.S. History
- Moderna COVID-19 Vaccine Wins Decisive Recommendation From FDA Panel
- Just Under Three Million Will Get COVID-19 Vaccine in First Week
- States Face Challenges in Distributing COVID Vaccine
- U.S. Breaks Records for COVID-19 Hospitalizations
- 30,000 Doses of Regeneron COVID Monoclonal Antibody Sent to Hospitals
- COVID-19 Vaccination Could Start December 11
- FDA Clears First Rapid At-Home COVID Test
- High Temps May Up Risk of Deadly Tick-Borne Fever