Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- Can Tuberculosis Be Cured?
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- How Easy Is It to Get Herpes?
- What Causes a Metallic Taste in Your Mouth?
- Can Lyme Disease be Cured?
- What Causes White Spots in Your Throat?
- Why Is Your Urine Brown?
- Which Are the First Symptoms of the Coronavirus Disease?
- Is the Coronavirus Disease More Severe Than the Flu?
- What if You Have Chronic Kidney Disease During COVID-19?
- Does COVID-19 Cause Paresthesia?
- Enterovirus (Non-Polio Enterovirus Infection)
- Tetanus (Lockjaw)
- Can Chlamydia Pneumoniae Be Cured?
- What Fungus Causes Athlete's Foot?
- telavancin (Vibativ) (Vibativ)
- procaine penicillin (Wycillin) (Wycillin)
- penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300) (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300)
- etravirine (Intelence) (Intelence)
- raltegravir (Isentress, Isentress HD) (Isentress)
- maraviroc (Selzentry) (Selzentry)
- retapamulin topical (Altabax) (Altabax)
- posaconazole (oral/injection) (Noxafil) (Noxafil)
- efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla) (Atripla)
- darunavir (Prezista) (Prezista)
- anidulafungin (Eraxis) (Eraxis)
- immune globulin (subcutaneous) (Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Hizentra) (Vivaglobin)
- tipranavir (Aptivus) (Aptivus)
- tigecycline (Tygacil) (Tygacil)
- entecavir (Baraclude) (Baraclude)
Infections Images and Slideshows
- Strep Throat: Symptoms and Treatments for this Contagious Condition
- Infectious Disease: Are These Historical Illnesses Coming Back?
- What Drugs Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
- Ebola Virus: Outbreaks, Epidemics, and Symptoms
- Hepatitis C, Hep B, Hep A: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Norovirus: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Hepatitis: How Do You Get Hepatitis A, B, and C?
- Hepatitis: Surprising Things That Can Damage Your Liver
- What Are HIV & AIDS? Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Picture of HIV/AIDS
- Picture of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (Ankles)
- Picture of HIV-associated Dementia (HAD)
- Hepatitis C (Hep C) Symptoms and Treatment
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- Doctors Wary of Rushed COVID Vaccine
- US Still in First Wave of COVID-19, Fauci Says
- Most N95 Masks From China Don't Meet US Standards
- One-Shot COVID-19 Vaccine Advances to Phase 3 Testing
- Coronavirus on Surfaces: What's the Real Risk?
- Evidence for Steroids in Severe COVID-19 Grows Stronger
- COVID-19 Cases Pass 25 Million Worldwide
- Hospitals Must Report COVID Data or Be Penalized
- Experts Reject Oleander Extract as COVID Treatment
- Toxic Methanol in Hand Sanitizers: Poisonings Continue
- Which Health Care Providers Are Most Likely to Get COVID Vaccine?
- One Third of Outpatients With COVID-19 Are Unwell Weeks Later
- Drug-Resistant Meningitis Found in Several US Patients
- 19 States Report Increase in COVID-19 Cases
- WHO Clarifies Comments on Asymptomatic COVID Spread