Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- Coronavirus (COVID-19) Prevention Tips
- Hantavirus Pulmonary Syndrome (HPS)
- Liver Blood Tests
- Mad Cow Disease (Variant Creutzfeldt-Jakob) in Humans
- CRE Infection (Carbapenem-Resistant Enterobacteriaceae Infection)
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test
- Scarlet Fever
- Group B Strep
- Typhoid Fever (Enteric Fever)
- Lassa Fever
- telavancin (Vibativ) (Vibativ)
- procaine penicillin (Wycillin) (Wycillin)
- penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300) (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300)
- etravirine (Intelence) (Intelence)
- doripenem (Doribax) (Doribax)
- raltegravir (Isentress, Isentress HD) (Isentress)
- maraviroc (Selzentry) (Selzentry)
- retapamulin topical (Altabax) (Altabax)
- posaconazole (oral/injection) (Noxafil) (Noxafil)
- efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla) (Atripla)
- darunavir (Prezista) (Prezista)
- anidulafungin (Eraxis) (Eraxis)
- immune globulin (subcutaneous) (Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Hizentra) (Vivaglobin)
- tipranavir (Aptivus) (Aptivus)
- tigecycline (Tygacil) (Tygacil)
Infections Images and Slideshows
- What Drugs Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
- Ebola Virus: Outbreaks, Epidemics, and Symptoms
- Hepatitis C, Hep B, Hep A: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Norovirus: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Hepatitis: How Do You Get Hepatitis A, B, and C?
- Hepatitis: Surprising Things That Can Damage Your Liver
- Diseases and Conditions: Diseases Making a Comeback
- What Are HIV & AIDS? Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Picture of HIV/AIDS
- Picture of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (Ankles)
- Picture of HIV-associated Dementia (HAD)
- Hepatitis C (Hep C) Symptoms and Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Medication
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- COVID-19: More Hydroxychloroquine Data From France, More Questions
- 'Stealth Transmission' of COVID-19 Demands Widespread Mask Usage
- Pharmacist Tempers Hopes for Remdesivir (RDV) as Possible COVID-19 Cure
- Coming Out of Retirement During a Pandemic
- Risk Factors for Death From COVID-19 Identified
- Should Docs Stop Providing Routine Care in the Era of COVID-19?
- Should I Have Contact with My Pet if I Have the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)?
- What does COVID-19 stand for?
- COVID-19: Could Hydroxychloroquine Really Be the Answer?
- What can I do to prevent coronavirus disease (COVID-19) at home?
- What happens when you get the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)?
- Who should be tested for the coronavirus disease (COVID-19)?
- How Do You Get Wuhan Coronavirus (COVID-19)?
- CDC Expert Answers Top COVID-19 Questions
- Are the French Right to Warn Against NSAID Use in COVID-19?