Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- Polymerase Chain Reaction (PCR) Test
- How Long Does It Take for Ramsay Hunt Syndrome to Go Away?
- How Do Mumps Start?
- How Long Is A Person Contagious with Hand Foot and Mouth Disease?
- Swollen Lymph Nodes
- What Are the 3 Stages of Lyme Disease?
- What Is a Procalcitonin Test Used For?
- Staph Infection (Staphylococcus Infection)
- Cat Scratch Disease
- What Is the First Sign of Scabies?
- HIV and AIDS
- Coronavirus (COVID-19)
- telavancin (Vibativ) (Vibativ)
- procaine penicillin (Wycillin) (Wycillin)
- penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300) (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300)
- etravirine (Intelence) (Intelence)
- doripenem (Doribax) (Doribax)
- raltegravir (Isentress, Isentress HD) (Isentress)
- maraviroc (Selzentry) (Selzentry)
- retapamulin topical (Altabax) (Altabax)
- posaconazole (oral/injection) (Noxafil) (Noxafil)
- efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla) (Atripla)
- darunavir (Prezista) (Prezista)
- anidulafungin (Eraxis) (Eraxis)
- immune globulin (subcutaneous) (Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Hizentra) (Vivaglobin)
- tipranavir (Aptivus) (Aptivus)
- tigecycline (Tygacil) (Tygacil)
Infections Images and Slideshows
- What Drugs Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
- Ebola Virus: Outbreaks, Epidemics, and Symptoms
- Hepatitis C, Hep B, Hep A: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Norovirus: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Hepatitis: How Do You Get Hepatitis A, B, and C?
- Hepatitis: Surprising Things That Can Damage Your Liver
- Diseases and Conditions: Diseases Making a Comeback
- What Are HIV & AIDS? Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Picture of HIV/AIDS
- Picture of Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever (Ankles)
- Picture of HIV-associated Dementia (HAD)
- Hepatitis C (Hep C) Symptoms and Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Medication
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- Drug-Resistant Meningitis Found in Several US Patients
- 19 States Report Increase in COVID-19 Cases
- WHO Clarifies Comments on Asymptomatic COVID Spread
- Asymptomatic COVID-19 Spread Deemed 'Rare,' WHO Says
- COVID Cases Rise in South and West Amid Protests
- How Many People Avoided Emergency Departments Early in the Pandemic?
- Claims of a Weaker COVID-19 Virus Disputed
- What Will It Take to Reopen Offices Safely?
- COVID-19: Distancing Works, N95 Respirators Work Better
- Managing COVID-19 Risk With Common Immune Disorders
- COVID-19 Reopening: What's the Risk for Offices, Sports, Restaurants, Events?
- Can You Get COVID-19 Through Your Eyes?
- Sheltered, But Infected: How Can You Catch COVID-19 Staying Home?
- FDA Issues Alert on Accuracy of Rapid Test for Coronavirus
- Vitamin D: A Low-Hanging Fruit in COVID-19?