Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- How Long Is Staph Infection Contagious?
- Shigellosis (Shigella Infection)
- What Is the Difference Between a Bladder Infection and a UTI?
- What Happens If You Get Mono?
- Can You Catch Shingles from Someone?
- Can Pneumonia Go Away Without Treatment?
- Is Hepatitis an STD?
- What Is the Difference Between Marburg and Ebola Virus Infections?
- What Are Cold Sore Triggers?
- How Do I Get Rid of a Sinus Infection?
- What Home Remedies Get Rid of a Sore Throat Quickly?
- How Long Does Mono Last For?
- How Does AIDS Start?
- Guinea Worm Disease (Dracunculiasis)
- telavancin (Vibativ) (Vibativ)
- procaine penicillin (Wycillin) (Wycillin)
- penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300) (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300)
- etravirine (Intelence) (Intelence)
- raltegravir (Isentress, Isentress HD) (Isentress)
- maraviroc (Selzentry) (Selzentry)
- retapamulin topical (Altabax) (Altabax)
- posaconazole (oral/injection) (Noxafil) (Noxafil)
- efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla) (Atripla)
- darunavir (Prezista) (Prezista)
- anidulafungin (Eraxis) (Eraxis)
- immune globulin (subcutaneous) (Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Hizentra) (Vivaglobin)
- tipranavir (Aptivus) (Aptivus)
- tigecycline (Tygacil) (Tygacil)
- entecavir (Baraclude) (Baraclude)
Infections Images and Slideshows
- How Can Parents Help Children Stay Social During COVID-19?
- Adult Vaccines: Protect Yourself Against Tetanus and More
- Enterovirus D68 (EV-D68): Symptoms and Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection (UTI) Symptoms, Diagnosis, Medication
- Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever: See Photos of the Rash
- Cold, Flu, and Cough: How to Avoid Infectious Diseases
- MRSA Infection: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- What Is a Staph Infection? Symptoms, Pictures
- Hepatitis C (Hep C): Symptoms, Treatments, Antivirals
- HIV AIDS: Myths and Facts
- What's a Virus? Viral Infection Types, Symptoms, Treatment
- Strep Throat: Symptoms and Treatments for this Contagious Condition
- Infectious Disease: Are These Historical Illnesses Coming Back?
- What Drugs Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- COVID-19 Pandemic Affects Menstrual Cycles
- FDA Advisors Vote to Recommend Moderna Boosters
- FDA Questions Reliability of Data Backing J&J's Bid for Boosters
- Merck Seeks FDA Authorization for Antiviral COVID-19 Pill
- HEPA Filters, UV Light May Remove COVID From the Air
- Antibody Cocktail Reduces Chance of Developing COVID
- What Happens to NBA Players Who Don't Get Vaccinated?
- FDA OKs Pfizer COVID Booster for 65 and Over, Those at High Risk
- US to Ease Travel Restrictions for Vaccinated Visitors
- COVID-19 Claims More Than 675,000 US Lives, Surpassing the 1918 Flu
- Nurses 'At the Breaking Point,' Consider Quitting Due to COVID Issues: Survey
- Major Study Will Investigate Long-Haul COVID-19
- US Health Officials Warn Booster Shots May Be Limited Initially
- CDC Studies: Child COVID-19 Hospitalizations Skyrocket
- Moderna's Vaccine Creates Twice as Many Antibodies as Pfizer's