Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- Finger Infection
- How Long Does the Shingles Vaccine Last?
- What Is the Difference Between A PCR Test (Nasal Swab) And an Antigen Test For COVID-19?
- How Do You Get Herpes Zoster?
- What Is Usually the First Sign of Gonorrhea?
- Can You Treat COVID-19 at Home?
- What Is a COVID-19 Antibody Test?
- When Can I Be with Others If I Tested Positive for COVID-19 But Had No Symptoms?
- What Are Monoclonal Antibodies for COVID-19 Treatment?
- Is Hepatitis Contagious?
- Naegleria fowleri (Brain-Eating Ameoba)
- Types of COVID-19 Vaccines
- Is Croup Contagious?
- Is Sepsis Contagious?
- Is Sore Throat (Pharyngitis) Contagious?
- telavancin (Vibativ) (Vibativ)
- procaine penicillin (Wycillin) (Wycillin)
- penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300) (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300)
- etravirine (Intelence) (Intelence)
- raltegravir (Isentress, Isentress HD) (Isentress)
- maraviroc (Selzentry) (Selzentry)
- retapamulin topical (Altabax) (Altabax)
- posaconazole (oral/injection) (Noxafil) (Noxafil)
- efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla) (Atripla)
- darunavir (Prezista) (Prezista)
- anidulafungin (Eraxis) (Eraxis)
- immune globulin (subcutaneous) (Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Hizentra) (Vivaglobin)
- tipranavir (Aptivus) (Aptivus)
- tigecycline (Tygacil) (Tygacil)
- entecavir (Baraclude) (Baraclude)
Infections Images and Slideshows
- Cold, Flu, and Cough: How to Avoid Infectious Diseases
- MRSA Infection: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- What Is a Staph Infection? Symptoms, Pictures
- Hepatitis C (Hep C): Symptoms, Treatments, Antivirals
- HIV AIDS: Myths and Facts
- What's a Virus? Viral Infection Types, Symptoms, Treatment
- Strep Throat: Symptoms and Treatments for this Contagious Condition
- Infectious Disease: Are These Historical Illnesses Coming Back?
- What Drugs Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
- Ebola Virus: Outbreaks, Epidemics, and Symptoms
- Hepatitis C, Hep B, Hep A: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Norovirus: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Hepatitis: How Do You Get Hepatitis A, B, and C?
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- Study IDs Most Common Lingering Symptoms 8 Months After Mild COVID
- Men and Women Differ on Masks During, After COVID-19: Survey
- Excess Deaths Jump 23% in US in 2020, Mostly Because of COVID-19
- Pfizer COVID-19 Vaccine Protects for 6 Months or More, Study Shows
- COVID Vaccines Could Lose Their Punch Within a Year, Experts Say
- Clinical Trials Planned for Oral COVID Vaccine
- Why COVID-19 May Be More Deadly Than Flu, Other Coronaviruses
- Increase States' Vaccine Supplies, Target More Doses
- The Changing Brain Signature of HIV
- What We Know and Don't Know About Virus Variants and Vaccines
- US Surpasses 400,000 COVID-19 Deaths
- Toothbrush Disinfection May Protect Against COVID-19
- Pfizer Vaccine Appears to Work Against Variant, Research Shows
- US Hits 20 Million Cases as COVID Variant Spreads
- Deaths Top 350,000 as Vaccine Distribution Slows