Zika Virus is transmitted via the bite of infected Aedes mosquitoes. Only one in five people infected with Zika virus will experience symptoms and signs, such as fever, conjunctivitis, rash, and body aches. Zika virus infections contracted during pregnancy have been linked to microcephaly and eye problems in babies. Increased reports of Guillain-Barré syndrome have also been noted in countries experiencing active Zika outbreaks.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Infections related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Infections Related Resources
- RSV (Respiratory Syncytial Virus)
- Listeria (Listeriosis)
- Amebiasis (Entamoeba histolytica Infection)
- Is Ringing in the Ears a Symptom of COVID?
- Have There Been Any Side Effects from the COVID Vaccine?
- How Do You Get Rid of a UTI Without Going to the Doctor?
- Do We Still Vaccinate for Smallpox?
- Is There Any Vaccine for Malaria?
- What Are the Differences Between Tuberculosis and COVID-19?
- How Long Does the Pneumonia Vaccine Last?
- Finger Infection
- How Long Does the Shingles Vaccine Last?
- What Is the Difference Between A PCR Test (Nasal Swab) And an Antigen Test For COVID-19?
- How Do You Get Herpes Zoster?
- telavancin (Vibativ) (Vibativ)
- procaine penicillin (Wycillin) (Wycillin)
- penicillin G benzathine and penicillin G procaine (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300) (Bicillin C-R, Bicillin C-R 900/300)
- etravirine (Intelence) (Intelence)
- raltegravir (Isentress, Isentress HD) (Isentress)
- maraviroc (Selzentry) (Selzentry)
- retapamulin topical (Altabax) (Altabax)
- posaconazole (oral/injection) (Noxafil) (Noxafil)
- efavirenz, emtricitabine, and tenofovir (Atripla) (Atripla)
- darunavir (Prezista) (Prezista)
- anidulafungin (Eraxis) (Eraxis)
- immune globulin (subcutaneous) (Cutaquig, Cuvitru, Hizentra) (Vivaglobin)
- tipranavir (Aptivus) (Aptivus)
- tigecycline (Tygacil) (Tygacil)
- entecavir (Baraclude) (Baraclude)
Infections Images and Slideshows
- Cold, Flu, and Cough: How to Avoid Infectious Diseases
- MRSA Infection: Causes, Symptoms, and Treatment
- What Is a Staph Infection? Symptoms, Pictures
- Hepatitis C (Hep C): Symptoms, Treatments, Antivirals
- HIV AIDS: Myths and Facts
- What's a Virus? Viral Infection Types, Symptoms, Treatment
- Strep Throat: Symptoms and Treatments for this Contagious Condition
- Infectious Disease: Are These Historical Illnesses Coming Back?
- What Drugs Fight COVID-19? Drug Trials, Treatments, Vaccines
- Coronavirus COVID-19 (SARS-CoV-2) Pandemic Outbreak: 10 Things You Need to Know
- Diseases and Conditions: The Most Common Infectious Diseases in the U.S.
- Ebola Virus: Outbreaks, Epidemics, and Symptoms
- Hepatitis C, Hep B, Hep A: Symptoms, Causes, Treatment
- Norovirus: Symptoms, Treatment, and Prevention
- Hepatitis: How Do You Get Hepatitis A, B, and C?
- Chickenpox Quiz: Test Your Medical IQ
- Hepatitis C Quiz: What is Hepatitis C?
- Zika Fever Quiz: Get Facts On Zika Infection
- HIV & AIDS Quiz: HIV Testing & Symptoms
- Meningitis Quiz: Test Your Infectious Disease IQ
- Is It Contagious? What Diseases Are Contagious?
- MRSA Quiz: Infection Symptoms & Treatment
- Urinary Tract Infection Quiz
- Novavax Says COVID Vaccine Works Against Variants
- CDC Director Cites Rise in Hospitalizations in Urging Teen Vaccinations
- CDC: Fully Vaccinated People Can Skip Routine COVID-19 Testing
- COVID-19 Immunity Could Last for Years, Studies Say
- 'Breakthrough' COVID Found in More Than 10K Vaccinated Americans: CDC
- New Clues Show How the Immune System Fights COVID-19
- Moderna Announces First Data Showing Efficacy of COVID-19 Vaccine Booster in Development
- US Fully Vaccinates 100 Million Adults
- Michigan Hospital Wards Filling With Younger Patients
- FDA, CDC Lift Suspension of Johnson & Johnson Vaccine
- Can We Get to 'COVID Zero'? Experts Predict the Next 8 Months
- CDC Says Blocking Middle Airline Seats Could Reduce COVID Spread
- Study IDs Most Common Lingering Symptoms 8 Months After Mild COVID
- Men and Women Differ on Masks During, After COVID-19: Survey
- Excess Deaths Jump 23% in US in 2020, Mostly Because of COVID-19