Insect Bites

What symptoms did you experience with your insect bites? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Anritzamarie77, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 11

I was bitten by some insect around 5:30 am, and just had some hand itching. But then, 2 hours later, I began feeling a tingling sensation from my middle finger to my pinky. My hand looks completely fine, only it feels really tight, like when it's swollen. Now I'm beginning to feel aching and pulling from the palm of my hand, up to a little past my elbow.

Comment from: Angelgotbit, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 07

The insect bites feel like little sharp hairs and pus, whenever I rub my neck. It is swollen, and it also itches and burns.

Comment from: Ih8criters, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

I'm not sure what insect bite it is exactly, but when I would fall asleep in my car I would wake up the next morning to find lots of small scratches all along my outer left thigh down to my shin and some scratches on my arm. It literally looks like tiny burn marks but it itches and seems to always to appear scab-like all the time.

Comment from: RickD, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I woke up to a very sensitive spot on my scalp. I figured something bit me. Fast forward one week and it is clear that whatever insect bit my head did so 6 times. I had a very sensitive scalp with some swelling, sharp pains and headaches. Day 7 and the bite marks are dark scabs now but my head is still sensitive and the area around the bites is still painful. No fever or chills. Just a lot of pain and headaches.

Comment from: Judy, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 24

Didn’t know I was bitten by insects. Saw two holes on top of my foot with pus coming out of both. One week later my foot has doubled in size and I can’t walk on it. The doctor gave me an antibiotic and an allergy pill. It is getting worse one week later.

Comment from: Jopestkil Pest, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: April 03

Individuals react in different ways. In one person, a bite might cause a small, itchy lump that resolves in a few days. In another, the same bite can have a more serious effect. Infection might occur at the site of a bite, causing redness, warmth, and a hardening of the skin around the area, with pus draining from the wound. Scratching the wound can also lead to infection and leathery, thick skin.

Comment from: Sharon , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 21

There are 3 red lumps very close together on the top of my arm. These insect bites are itchy and making my arm ache, they are throbbing.

Comment from: Traveling Egbe, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I had a 2 1/2 inch by 2 inch red swelling on the leg from an insect bite. Initially itched, but the area is sore to the touch. Noticed the itching 2 nights ago. It is still red, and sore.

Comment from: Trini, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 06

Some insect bit me on my back tonight and now my back is feeling numb and burning.

Comment from: Phrankster, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

My symptoms of insect bites are numbness, tingling and burning.

Comment from: Bitten 36, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 31

I have been bitten by some insect right underneath my left breast. It is a red sore with a raised bump. It looks bruised and now a white pimple like thing is appearing. Wondering what it is and how long it takes to heal.

Comment from: bellahjason3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 26

My skin gets red, puffy, and itchy really bad from the insect bites, till the point it starts to bleed. I have them in a large area on the back of both legs, buttock, and lower back.

SLIDESHOW

Could I Be Allergic? Discover Your Allergy Triggers See Slideshow
Comment from: Paul, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 10

I was putting top soil down from what someone gave me, about thirty bags, and noticed 10 to 15 red marks on my forearm caused by insect bites, which started to itch. They were over my tattoo and itching like mad. They are still there but now have made my tattoo and arm really dry, with red, patchy and lumpy skin. This happened six weeks ago.

Comment from: Binny, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 14

Some insect stung me, there is no sign of bite and the whole part where it bit has been paining since last 2 weeks.

Comment from: Ahub, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 07

I was bitten by what I believe was an ant. Three days later, I have a warm sensation intermittently going up my calf.

Comment from: Lorrreennaa, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I have 3 large red insect bites, very itchy and swollen.

Comment from: GabyF, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I was doing laundry at my apartment in this somewhat outside garage area, and noticed later that my hand was itching. It looked like some insect had bitten me three times! It slowly swelled up and now 24 hours later my hand has swollen up even more.

Comment from: Ame, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I was bitten by an insect on the shoulder in the bush in Cameroon, West Africa. My arm felt numb for a few hours. A bump and the scab are still itchy and on my arm 30 days later. I wonder what insect could have caused this and how long I should wait for it to heal.

Comment from: Jeswith1s, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I was bitten on the top of my foot last night by an insect, and within 15 minutes had a huge welt. Now my whole foot is swollen and hot to the touch. I don’t know what bit me. At first I thought it was a fire ant but I am not sure now.

Comment from: D23Rider, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I now live in Florida for the past 3 years and I have been getting bitten by some insect during the night inside of my home in my bed and it's not bedbugs. They are like mosquito bites but they're not perfectly round, they are misshapen and then are small. They're in a row. It seems like bedbugs but it’s not. I have been experiencing these for the past 3 years. I did not have this problem when I lived up north, only when I was outside at the wrong time.

Comment from: Ktwinzmom, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

Last night it felt like some insect was stinging me in the back of my thigh. This happened several times. Now where that sting was, I felt my leg and it is concave today.

Comment from: Rhonda, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

I got bitten by an insect, but didn’t see it. My fingers are swollen all the way to my access arm for dialysis. I don’t know what to do.

Comment from: Maduke, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I was walking and felt like something bit me through my pants. The insect bite itches really bad. I started to scratch it. It was a hard bump. Then it started spreading with more bumps and was like a long welt. It’s been like this for 5 days.

Comment from: Lemmy5, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I got bitten by an insect yesterday, in the crease behind my knee. It swelled up slightly and was very itchy yesterday. Today, it is still very itchy, but has swollen more, and now there is a very large hot swelling around it. I also have knee joint pain in the knee that the bite is behind.

Comment from: Insectgrrl, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I was kneeling down on one knee in grass and felt a sting, but didn't see what insect stung me. My leg hurts, is swollen, and has fever in it.

QUESTION

Allergies can best be described as: See Answer
Comment from: Dennis, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 10

I got bitten by some insect, ran a high fever, and then could hardly walk the 2nd day. On the 3rd day both arms hurt, and now I have right arm swelling and it still hurts to move.

Comment from: Carl, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 09

I have an insect bite on my thumb. I don’t know what bit me. I now have a swollen thumb and pain right up my arm.

Comment from: Pearl, 55-64 (Patient) Published: September 04

I was bitten by some insect several times while abroad. I began to have serious pain in my left arm that travelled across my chest to my right arm.

Comment from: ????, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

I was bitten by an insect on my finger and it itched. Then the itching trailed down through my hand and arm while burning at the same time every time I moved my finger.

Comment from: Sewn2458, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 04

Some insect bit me in the neck when I was lying in bed, I might add a brand new mattress, but I couldn't find what did it or if it even was a bug. I got a really bad burning sensation on my neck, I thought it was something biting me so I smacked my neck. At that moment the burning intensified and moved half way down my arm along with tingling. So I quickly turned on the light and ripped my shirt off and the burning slowly went away. Then I went to a mirror and found my neck and arm with skin welts.

Comment from: Oggsley, 35-44 (Patient) Published: September 04

I was bitten by some insect on the inside of my right ankle. Every couple of hours it stings for about 3 to 5 seconds (like I'm being bitten again), and then it goes away again.

Comment from: Jenny, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 04

I got bitten on my bottom by some insect I didn’t see, while riding on my lawnmower. The bite feeling kept going on as if the insect was stuck on my skin going for it. I kept pulling my shorts to see if it fell but nothing. The sting lasted more than a minute. I went in the shower and saw nothing red or itchy. Almost 24 hours later suddenly I’m in pain and have an itchy red bump. Not sure what is going on.

Comment from: Net, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 27

I got bitten by an insect on my leg two days ago. I don't know what it is but now it is very irritating and hard.

Comment from: Jmer, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

After the insect bit me it started to itch, and then stinging feeling in my hand, and now burning in my hand and arm.

Comment from: nana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I was doing some gardening about 2 weeks ago and was bitten maybe by a wasp. I have been having tingling and hard burning sensations in my lower right leg. It is extremely painful, not sure what insect exactly, but there is so much pain. I had to go see a doctor to get tested for Lyme disease. I am still having pains in my joints, mostly my ankles swell up. Wonder if anyone ever has experienced this like me.

Comment from: Angie , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 27

I was bitten by an insect this morning on my lower leg, it’s itchy, red and hot. Now it’s like 7 inches long, it hurts.

Comment from: Teresita , 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

The toe where I got the insect bites is very sensitive to touch. It seems the pain is going up my leg towards my knee.

Comment from: Danielle, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I've been bitten by some insect and had no initial pain or symptoms. As the day progressed my lower leg and ankle have literally doubled in size. It is painful and throbs when I stand up. A clear liquid is seeping out of the bite wound.

Comment from: Bug loving blood, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 12

I woke up one night with the top of my foot throbbing and painful. I couldn't identify any injury induced pain. I tried essential oils I've used that worked for injuries before but this time it didn't touch the pain at all, so I took two extra strength Tylenol and it took a while and only gave me an hour and a half of relief from pain. I then woke up and discovered 10 insect bite marks up and down the inside of my left arm! I feel this must be related somehow but don't know how.

Comment from: felix, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 02

I got bitten the other day by an insect while I was sitting outside on the balcony. It didn’t hurt or leave a mark the first day, then it started to itch, and now I have got two itchy lumps surrounded by a red rash on my back. But that’s not all, my back has been feeling weird for the past two days, it’s a tingling kind of cold sensation down the back. I am starting to freak out, wondering what to do.

Comment from: Norman, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 29

I was bitten or stung by an insect on my back, very little or no external damage, but I have internal pain and itching. Now I am into the 5th day.

Comment from: Pam, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I was bitten by an insect on the upper left shoulder, very close to my lower neck about 24 hours ago. Overnight it turned into a large red lump and my skin had a very white ring around the lump. It's now 16:00, the lump is going down, but my muscles around my shoulder and neck feel really stiff. Wonder if I should be worried, I have also been feeling tired all day, but slept well last night.

Comment from: Phyllis, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 26

I experienced itching, then pain, and a big swollen knot on my leg from the insect bite. It was hard and I got a big black bruise now that's sore to the touch.

Comment from: Jennifer, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I was bitten by a mosquito on my arm and now my arm feels numb and kind of painful sometimes almost as if my arm fell asleep.

Comment from: Madrina, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 22

I have been bitten by something, looks like mosquito bites some are small and some like the size of a thumb nail. My symptoms started with just feeling sleepy and stiffness in that leg, then when I went to the toilet I couldn't feel the paper when wiping myself. Weird feeling, the same like when you get an anesthetic at the dentist and can't feel your lips and mouth when you drink. It's the same 24 hours later so I've made appointment for the doctor.

Comment from: Jeannie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 19

I got stung by some insect on the top of my foot, it's been swollen for three days, and now it hurts. It is also still swollen, hurting, itching, and hurts to walk on.

Comment from: Nine, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 16

I was wrapping up a water hose when I started to feel a burning sensation and pain on my bones. My vein looked like it was smashed. Hours later the burning and the pain started to go down but there's a sticky wet spot on my hand that comes back after wiping. I don't see any insect bites on it either.

Comment from: Valerie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I had lymph glands removed from left arm. I got an insect bite, it itches and has swollen up 2 inches by 2 inches.

Comment from: Sandra , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 12

Redness, small bumps and itchiness are my symptoms of insect bites.

Comment from: Jen s. S, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

Friday afternoon around 2, I went for my walk, and along the pathway I wanted to seek some adventure so I went into the woods and followed the path to the lake. I read the signs of no swimming and I ignored it. I was slowly trying to access the lake by trying to dip my toes in the water first. I had seen horseflies flying around and I just ignored them because I just really wanted to jump in on a hot sunny humid day, so I did and now I have a painful bite on my toe. I have no itch, just pain.

Comment from: Jac03, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I had lots of mosquito bites on my leg, and one has now gone very hot, a red patch on my leg, and it burns. I also feel unwell.

Comment from: Beth, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I was in the water in the bay, and I got bitten by some insect and you see this black spot in the middle. But I'm getting a burning sensation every couple minutes. It hurts really badly.

Comment from: Bnsb , 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 27

I got bitten by an insect just under my bottom lip on the left side. I thought it was a spot initially as it didn't itch at all, so I popped it. Since then my lip has been very swollen on that side and I get very bad headaches on the top of my head whenever I sit up from lying down or move my head around too much.

Comment from: Jo, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

About 6 weeks ago some insect bit me on the back of my knee. I had a big large bump for about three weeks. The lump went away, however I am getting pain in the back of my knee. Geez, it’s about 6 weeks ago and I never had that pain before.

Comment from: Mel, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I have been bitten by microscopic mites in my home which causes rash and numbness of my feet. It doesn't happen anywhere but in my home, but nobody can see them. I don’t know what to do. I am so lost and tired of this.

Comment from: Amp, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I was stung by a small white flying insect while at the beach, under my upper arm yesterday. It really felt like a needle and was hard to get off my arm. My boyfriend had to pull it off, my arm really burnt, then I felt an ache (almost like a bad tooth ache), it got red and I had shooting pains about an hour later. Today it burns and itches, is red and blotchy with a small knot.

Comment from: SophiaS, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

My insect bite is red, itching, and swollen. It has been like that for about 3 or 4 days, maybe even 5 or 6 days.

Comment from: Ahambone, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

I have a red blotch on my thigh, doesn't itch, burn or hurt. I can see red spots on it and a mark where I was bitten buy something. It has a line about a little over an inch long coming from it.

Comment from: Zach, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I woke up last night with what seems to be an insect bite that started near my elbow and worked down my forearm. I have used a cold pack switching off 15 minutes or so to get the swelling to go down. This has happened once or twice a month for the past months, not really sure. They usually attacked my bones always hitting me in good spots, I am never really sure what it is. I just know that I'm allergic to mosquito bites. It's more of an itchy patch, burning and swelling, and more than a red line.

Comment from: Toby55, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I woke up with insect bites all over my arm. The only place with bites. It has become increasingly numb and painful, so bad that I couldn't sleep last night. Hot compress helped somewhat but my whole arm and hand are still numb.

Comment from: Dj, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 03

I was stung by an insect on the palm of my hand, it immediately hurt badly, then felt like something had been injected inside of me leaving a raised line under my skin. It has been 4 hours and I am still feeling twinges in my hand where the line is. I saw a black bug fly away, but I have no idea what it was. Not sure if I should be concerned.

Comment from: Kelly, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I was on holidays in Turkey a week ago (I’m from Wales) and got bitten by some insect on my leg just above and just below my knee. But now a week and a few days have gone and the area just above my knee has gone numb, I am struggling to even lift the leg to walk but the rest of the leg feels fine. I don’t know what to do.

Comment from: Mrs m, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I woke up to my hand itching like crazy from insect bites, then my wrist broke out in a red patch, and now it’s going up my arm.

Comment from: Cfalcon, 35-44 (Patient) Published: April 23

The insect bite felt like I got pricked by a splinter, it didn’t hurt at all. It’s been more than 6 hours and I feel the finger that I got bit on is cold. My tongue feels tingling and my chest feels heavy.

Comment from: Caroline , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I was stung several times by a wasp 1 week ago. My arm is still red and has little hole. My neck has a lump under the skin about pea size. I wonder if I should be concerned.

Comment from: Rosey, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 21

I feel a very irritating biting sensation. I live in the tropics and suffer from insect bites all summer and this one seemed the same as usual but it hasn't healed for several weeks and seems to be increasing in number.

Comment from: Wendy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 20

The insect bite feeling was like a pin poking into me at the top front of my leg, where it connects to my body. I saw nothing but felt an invisible stinger in my skin. I pulled at it, it must have come out, but immediately I felt pain inside, and it started bruising. I had severe pain from the spot down through to my knee. I also had pain to the right of it and lower back pain. The bruise got very dark and about 4 to 5 inches in diameter. Throughout the next 2 weeks, I had sharp pains to the left of the area, when walking.

Comment from: Mozzzfoot, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 23

I was bitten on the bottom of the foot by a mosquito. Overnight it grew a large red itchy patch with a long red trail which extended 2 inches up one side of my foot.

Comment from: Babyx, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

My insect bite itches at first, then it swells up, and is numb and tingly.

Comment from: Damo, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 31

I have been bitten by an insect. I have a small really hard and very painful lump surrounded by a red rash. A short while after, my leg has shooting pains, tingling, and feels numb.

Comment from: Mun, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

I was bitten yesterday by some insect and it had this stinging sensation. It didn't itch initially but now the second day it itches a little bit, but it is more like a sore and has spread a little bit. I don’t know what has happened to me and what I got bitten by.

Comment from: Gabbypapi, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

I got bitten by some insect yesterday while walking in the grass trying to grab a toy for my son. At first I thought it was a stinging caterpillar but it’s been 6 or 7 hours later and it’s still throbbing with pain. It hurts to walk, the pain has not stopped but it does help when I add ice to it.

Comment from: Bridgette, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 09

I was bit yesterday by some insect and it had this stinging sensation. It didn't itch initially but now the second day it itches a little bit, but it is more like sore and has spread a little bit. I don’t know what has happened to me and what I got bitten by.

Comment from: Rose, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

The insect bite occurred last night, and the area has become increasingly red and irritated around the bite mark over time, with a lighter spot where the two tiny welts of it lie. It was small at first, started itching pretty bad and I thought of a mosquito bite, but it didn't swell up into a bump like they would, instead it began spreading irritation, and is barely swollen at all. Now though, it itches horribly, pulls, and burns after being bothered, so much so it almost feels cold.

Comment from: Marilyn, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I have a throbbing pain in my head where the flying insect bit me.

Comment from: Altra Lovett, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 03

I have an insect bite on my knee and it's swollen up. It feels like there are two knots in my knee. I pushed it to see what would happen and something came out, but it is still hurting and looks like it is going back how it was before I busted it. I've been feeling very sick, like throwing up, and my body aches all over. I have lower back pains.

Comment from: Harshitha, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 02

I didn't know what insect had bitten my leg, it became swollen at one place and red marks came around the swelled part. It is itching and a little painful.

Comment from: Mama Liz, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 01

An insect bit or strung me, and at first it felt like burning, now it feels like pulling.

Comment from: Charles, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 25

The tip of my hand has 2 tiny insect bites, one by my finger, and the other on the top. I t is red, hot to touch and swollen very badly. I have a throbbing sensation.

Comment from: Debra, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 25

I had pain and instant swelling from the insect bite; it was hot and red.

Comment from: mope, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 24

I have a large swelled up spot like a mosquito bite but it's not a mosquito. It is a skinny little black kind of insect, long and little.

Comment from: Ds2112, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 20

I was bit or stung by an insect today, by a pond. It was under my shirt on the right side abdomen above my pants line. I had instant initial pain. It swelled to the diameter of a tennis ball in 30 minutes. Six hours later I still have intense pulsing pain and burning.

Comment from: Bashiru, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: September 19

Immediately after the insect stung I felt the pain, my wrist started swelling a bit and became somewhat hard. I am afraid it is now affecting my left ankle.

Comment from: Ss, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I don't know what insect bit me on my leg but my left big toe was painful last night, and now I can't even walk. But I can see a small red spot on the leg.

Comment from: bell, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 13

I am not sure what insect bit my husband but something did. We can see the bite mark and it was itchy at first. Now 3 days later his whole foot, ankle, and the area below his knee are red and swollen. His leg hurts. It feel warm to touch. He is not wanting to go to the hospital due to a traumatic incident the last time we went. Any information would be highly appreciated.

Comment from: Ccrain, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 05

I had instant itching from the insect bites, then hand swelled double in size, and hurt all the way to my shoulder. It was hot and felt like it was on fire.

Comment from: mama g, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

Something bit me on my leg a few weeks ago and it won’t heal. The insect bite is very itchy and has turned black as if it is healed, however it is still very itchy and a little painful around the bite.

Comment from: ANNAMARIEP29, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 21

I had an insect bite on my leg. I am not sure if it was a spider or not but it got real swollen on my knee and made my leg stiff, swollen and I couldn’t even bend my knee or walk on that leg. After three days at home in bed my father heated up a Coke bottle and put it over the bite. It created suction and it pulled out this really long white stringy cord looking thing out of my leg! The pain was gone, the swelling went down and I could walk again.

Comment from: Blossom, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 20

A wasp or a bee bit my neck 3 days ago. My hubby pulled out the long stinger and applied cortisone cream on the bite minutes after it happened. Swelling went down, but then a large area of my neck and back got red and hot. I continued treatment. Day three redness is subsiding but there is still a hard lump where the stinger was pulled from and it is still very painful. Neck and back are sore. Neck feels stiff.

Comment from: KLOVELL, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I was cleaning a very dusty area. I didn't see what insect bit me but my arm started to itch and burn. It didn't swell up much, only severe burning and itching. The next day it was gone. Ten days later the symptoms are back.

Comment from: Dabsangel, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 10

I woke up with about 6 insect bites on my legs, arms, and thigh area. It has been 3 days and they still hurt and itch. Everything I have put on them isn't really helping. It feels like a hot needle poking my legs. The bites on my legs hurt the most. They look like red circles with a little red dot in the middle and it looks like I was stung. I don't know what bit me or stung me either. These are the worst bites I have ever experienced.

Comment from: DPS, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 07

I had intense pain after being bitten by an insect on my toe through the sandals walking on grass. Eight days later, my foot still gets numb and I experience pain in the same ankle while sitting. Lying down no issues.

Comment from: Spider, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 24

Dizziness and fever are his symptoms of insect bites. Skin is tightening where all the bites are; or welts. About 15 minutes earlier he said it feels like I'm getting bitten by all kinds of bugs.

Comment from: hanson, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 20

My partner has been bitten on his hand by an insect and it is all swollen. And he keeps getting bad headaches.

Comment from: bjoy4, 65-74 (Patient) Published: July 17

I thought I pricked my hand on a rose thorn. Two mins later the back of my hand had swelled up (not the fingers) and turned purple. One small blood-red dot that disappeared soon. It hurt and itched. One week later the insect bite is still red, and itchy under the skin.

Comment from: Nick, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

My symptoms of insect bites are pain, swelling and bruising, and when pressed it feels like something is bursting.

Comment from: Shweta, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 03

I got bit by some insect at night while sleeping. I felt excruciating pain on my right heel as if someone injected a needle in my heel. When I woke up there was blood around the bitten area. The bitten area looks like a dot. There is no redness or itching.

Comment from: Mark, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 14

It was really itchy and it stopped itching but I have a lump around the insect bite, my upper arm and forearm are now red, and when I bend my arm it hurts.

Comment from: Pavlo, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 11

It happened to my dad that some unknown insect bit him on the neck. It became red and a yellow pus-like dot occurred. It seems like the place of biting. The pain has spread to the throat as well as to the cheek and also to the hand. His head is also paining.

Comment from: Peggy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

I cannot see where I was bit. However, this is black fly season and I have had issues in the past. Presently my arm (from my wrist to my elbow) is pink, warm, itchy, and has some swelling. The itch is constant. I am taking Benadryl and applying cold compresses on my arm. This started 2 days ago. So far everything I try has not worked.

CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW