Iritis

What was the treatment for your Iritis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 20

I have had Iritis since 1998 when I had Lyme disease. Now I get flair ups often. It was good for about a year. Now, this time the Pred Forte and Nevanac drops aren't working. I will have to get the injection, since the steroids are not working. I'm so scared to get the injection, but at this point I don't have a choice. Driving my car gets me dizzy because of the blurred vision. This is the most frustrating situation to be in.

Comment from: kimagain630, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I had irisitis the first time about 12 years ago. I thought I was going to lose my mind. It hurt worse than anything I had ever experienced. I had waited too long to get it looked at. Finally, I went to the ER and they put a shot of cortisone in my eye. This gave me instant relief! I recently had another attack of it, only it was in the opposite eye. Again it was steroids that helped and this time I went for help it immediately. I too was diagnosed with ankylosing spondylitis. I can't help but wonder if there is some connection.

REFERENCE:

Rosenbaum, James T. "Uveitis: Etiology, Clinical Manifestations, and Diagnosis." Jan. 2018. UpToDate.com.