Viewer Comments: Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Experience

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS):Understanding the Disorder

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) Test, Symptoms, Diet, and Treatments:

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Experience

What changes have you had to make to your routine since being diagnosed with IBS?

Comment from: Italianprincess, Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I have found a solution! I have been struggling with IBS-C (irritable bowel syndrome with constipation) since I was 16. I have tried Amitiza 2 times a day. My hair starting falling out. I tried Linzess and I put on 10 lb. in 2 weeks. By accident I found that if I drink powder Magnesium Serene, the side effect is going to the bathroom. Now I have 1 Amitiza a day, hair is growing back and one 8 oz. glass of water with 2 teaspoons of Magnesium Serene (berry flavor). I hope that I help at least one person.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 05

I am a 55 year old female. I had irritable bowel syndrome (IBS) for several years. I believe that IBS is a name that doctors use when they are not sure what the cause of constant IBS is. What I found out just recently after 10 or so years and many doctors is that an antibiotic was the cause of mine. I had what is called Clostridium difficile Infection. This is when the good and bad bacteria in your colon is interrupted, caused by antibiotics. Please be checked for this I had it a long time before I was diagnosed. I'm absolutely fine now and can eat anything I want, I just had my gallbladder out a year ago and I am fine.

Must Read Articles Related to Irritable Bowel Syndrome

Constipation (Adults)
Constipation in Adults Constipation in adults refers to difficulty in passing stools or a decrease in the frequency of bowel movements. Causes of learn more >>
Constipation in Children (Infants)
Constipation in Children

Constipation in infants and children affects up to 10% of children at any given time. Causes of constipation in infants and children include:

• ...
learn more >>
Diarrhea
Diarrhea

Diarrhea can be caused by bacterial or viral infections, parasites, intestinal diseases or conditions, reactions to medications, and learn more >>

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Symptoms

What are your irritable bowel syndrome symptoms?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Diagnosis

How was the diagnosis of your irritable bowel syndrome established?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Foods to Avoid

What foods aggravate IBS? What foods and lifestyle changes have helped you mange IBS?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Medications

What medications have you tried to treat IBS symptoms, and what have been effective?

Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS) - Preventive

What prevention measures do you use to avoid getting IBS?