Is HPV (Human Papilloma Virus) an STD?: HPV (human papillomavirus) is the most common sexually transmitted disease (STD) in the U.S. An estimated 79 million people in the U.S. are infected with HPV, mostly people in their late teens and early 20s.
Must Read Articles:
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Non-SexuallyRarely, the HPV strains that cause genital warts can be transmitted non-sexually. Some research has shown that HPV can potentially be spread to patients via metal reusable tools, despite disinfection. HPV strains that cause warts on other parts of the body are mostly transmitted non-sexually, however.
Gardasil HPV Vaccine FAQGardasil-9 is the latest version of the vaccine against nine different strains of human papillomavirus (HPV). These strains of HPV causes genital warts and cervical cancers, among other conditions.
Genital WartsGenital warts (HPV) are growths in the genital area of both men and women. Genital warts are contagious and are caused by the human papillomavirus (HPV). Symptoms of genital warts may be none, to painless bumps, itching, and/or a discharge. There is no single effective cure for genital warts. Treatments and medication may decrease the size of the warts or temporarily remove them.
What Is the Cause of PapillomasViruses, smoking and sun damage are big causes of papillomas, which are benign (noncancerous) growths. Though papillomas themselves aren’t usually dangerous, they can indicate a risk for cancer.
Can You Get Human Papillomavirus (HPV) Non-Sexually? Rarely, the HPV strains that cause genital warts can be transmitted non-sexually. Some research has shown that HPV can potentially be spread to patients via metal reusable tools, despite disinfection. HPV strains that cause warts on other parts of the body are mostly transmitted non-sexually, however.
Expert Views and News
- Success of HPV Vaccination for Cervical Cancer
- HPV Test Is Preferred for Cervical Cancer Screen
- FDA Expands Gardasil to Cover Adults to Age 45
- Catch-up HPV Vaccination Effective for Women
- Half of US Men Have Penile HPV
- 42% of US Adults Infected with Genital HPV
- HPV Test for Primary Cervical Cancer Screening
- Could the HPV Test Replace the Pap Test?
- Voluntary Recall of Gardasil HPV Vaccine
- HPV Vaccine Not Linked to Promiscuity in Girls
- HPV Cancer Hits 8,000 Men, 18,000 Women a Year
- Males 11-21 Should Get Gardasil HPV Vaccine
- Girls More Likely to Get HPV Vaccine When Doctors Recommend It
- HPV Vaccine Stops Throat Cancer?
- FDA Approves New HPV Test
- Genital HPV in Men
- HPV Shot Prevents Genital Warts in Boys and Men
- Gardasil Approved for Anal Cancer Prevention
- Gardasil HPV Vaccine Stopping Genital Warts
- Gardasil Vaccine May Be Linked to 2 ALS Cases
- HPV Vaccine Gardasil OK for Boys, FDA Says
- HPV Vaccine Gardasil for Boys?
- HPV Linked to Throat Cancer