Alcohol problems vary in severity from mild to life-threatening and affect the individual, the person's family, and society in numerous adverse ways. Signs of a drinking problem include insomnia, loss of employment, blackouts, depression, auto accidents, bruises, frequent falls, and anxiety. Treatment involves stabilization, detoxification, and rehabilitation of the alcohol-dependent person.
Expert Views and News
- Alcohol Poisoning Kills 6 People in US Each Day
- Alcohol Adds 100 Calories a Day to Our Diet
- After Bariatric Surgery, Alcohol Abuse More Likely
- Alcohol May Raise Risk of Irregular Heart Rhythm
- Alcohol, Pot Abuse Linked to Same Genes
- Alcohol May Reduce Men's Heart Risk
- Alcohol, Drugs: Are You Driving Your Teen to Them?
- Alcohol's Red Face Linked to Cancer Risk
- Alcohol Laws, Saving Lives
Is There a Cure for Holiday Hangovers? Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
There are many brands and forms of acetaminophen available. Not all brands are listed on this leaflet...learn more »