Must Read Articles:
Can Tuberculosis Be CuredTuberculosis (TB) is an infectious disease caused Mycobacterium tuberculosis that usually affects the lungs. It is not very common in the U.S., but it still remains a leading cause of death in other parts of the world.
TuberculosisTuberculosis (TB) is an infection, typically of the lungs, that is caused by either bacteria or fungus. Though treatments have have greatly evolved over the years, TB is still a major health problem worldwide.
Expert Views and News
- Antibiotics After Assisted Vaginal Delivery
- First Case of MERS in United States
- Antibiotics Do Not Reduce Symptoms of Sinus Infection
- C. diff Infections in Hospitals Are Leveling Off
- Vitamin D at Birth Linked to Lung Infections
- Preventable Infections Kill 99,000 Yearly
- C. diff Infection Rate May Overtake MRSA
Is Tuberculosis (TB) Contagious? Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes:
Is Tuberculosis (TB) Contagious? Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Isoniazid, pyrazinamide, and rifampin are antibiotics that prevent tuberculous bacteria from multiplying in your body...learn more »
Ethambutol is an antibiotic that prevents growth of the tuberculous bacteria in the body...learn more »