Leg Pain

What was the cause of leg pain? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Derek, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: May 05

I fell over and immediately couldn’t put pressure on my foot. Now I get leg pain all the way through. It only eases when I am lying down or standing up; when I sit it hurts really bad. I have pain in my ankle, foot, calf and hamstring. Wonder what this could be and what painkillers would help me.

Comment from: Frankie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 29

I had a total knee replacement in my right leg. My ankle started hurting. I have leg pain from my ankle to my knee, and the pain is so bad it hurts to stand.

Comment from: Curious, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I was awakened by a bad charley horse 2 days ago in my right ankle. The leg pain was unbearable and felt as if my tendons were stretched, and tore. My ankle in now swollen and bruised. Never experienced this before.

Comment from: Cathygee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 10

I had difficulty walking for 25 years. My legs hurt every time I walked, and it was almost impossible for me to walk up slopes or stairs. I saw 5 cardiologists before one of them correctly diagnosed the problem. I had blockage in the iliac arteries in my abdomen. The 6 ABI tests (ankle-brachial index) I had were all okay. It wasn't until I got on the treadmill before the test that the problem was found. An arteriogram confirmed the blockage, and I had stents placed 3 years ago. I'm cured!

Comment from: Ladyss09, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 25

I woke up with left thigh and bottom buttock pain. I can't lift my left leg without sharp pain. It burns when I sit down. I didn't fall or hurt myself in anyway. I don't know if I should go to the chiropractor or a regular doctor. I don’t know what it could it be.

Comment from: Make it stop1234, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 14

I wake up in the middle of the night screaming from pain in both hips, going down my legs to my Achilles tendon. It feels light a knife, in the joint. Sometimes it comes after 3 hours to 7 hours sleep. I'm in REM sleep mode. It used to last a minute or two. Tonight was 1 hour 10 minutes. Lesser joint residual pain lasts all day, next day.

Comment from: Ronda, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 27

When I am standing up and holding a cat or a baby, and I am leaning back just a little bit, something is causing my legs to start feeling so weak to the point if I don’t sit down my legs are going to collapse on me.

Comment from: Leeann, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

My leg pain started about a year ago when out of nowhere I had pain in the shin on my right lower leg. It hurt so badly like someone had beat it with a hammer. Now, I woke up a week ago and I can't feel the top part of my whole part of lower leg where my shin is. I don’t know what is happening and what to do here.

Comment from: Beyonce k m , 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 24

I was hit by a car but my leg was never broken, it was just swollen and somewhat scratched; I never bled much. This accident has happened 13 years back, so today I am facing some leg pains, I have no idea what went wrong.

Comment from: Jennifer , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 23

I have hip pain and leg pain down my leg. I can’t straighten my leg and it is painful at night. I went to the physiotherapist and he said it’s because of tight muscles.

Comment from: Aashu , 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

My muscles and nerve of my leg are all paining. I showed it to the doctor, they did the video scan also but there is nothing, it’s normal. Now day by day my leg is paining too much. When I want to stand, I can’t stand easily, and I can’t walk easily, it hurts too much.

Comment from: Diva, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 02

I have a tingling, dull pain that goes throughout my left leg, when sleeping on that side or when that leg is static and in a lateral position.

SLIDESHOW

Pictures of the 7 Riskiest Workout Moves, and How to Improve Them See Slideshow
Comment from: HS, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

I have recently started 1 hour walks. I used to go for morning walks in the garden every morning but I have now changed it to evening walks. I have noticed that during evening walks my leg, especially shin area hurts far worse than in the morning to the point where I have to stop my walk. Within a few minutes of stopping the pain subsides. I don’t know what the reason behind this is.

Comment from: dee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I was dreaming I was drowning and tried to reach for the edge of the pool in my dream and fell out of the bed onto my head. I must have twisted my knee because it is very tight and gets tighter throughout the day after I walk around and then sit at my desk. I'm not sure what to do about it but take Tylenol or Advil and wait it out.

Comment from: Angie ed, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I have degenerative disc disease, osteoarthritis of the spine, and spondylitis. Every 2 to 3 weeks I'm knocked off my feet with leg pain from lower back, buttocks, hip, entire leg and foot. The only way I find any relief is to lie down on a heat pad with legs elevated. It hurts so much I'm unable to walk.

Comment from: Strobelight, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 19

I could not go up and down stairs without terrible leg pain, could not sit or stand, nothing was comfortable, and my pain radiates down the legs. I have had both hips screaming with horrible pain 24/7. The doctors kept saying it was my back, 2 fusions later, I am way worse and no relief. Finally I got brilliant and searched the net, and found I have piriformis syndrome. I found the exercises that helps this.

Comment from: robyn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

When I woke up this morning my leg was ok, then later I was walking and it started hurting so bad I had to sit down. I hurt the most in my left side in my crotch. Now it hurts down to my crotch and it is getting a black and blue mark. I have not fallen or tripped or anything.

Comment from: Jac, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 15

For about three days I was leaning to the left and running into things on my left and then I suddenly got violently ill, vomiting, and when I went to get up to go to the emergency room I couldn’t take a step. Apparently my blood pressure was off the charts with the transient ischemic attack! I had double vision for 4 days. Then I went to rehabilitation and was able to get up and walk with a cane after 5 days, thanks to the wonderful and quick care I was given. I still can’t feel temperatures on my right side after 7 months but I can get around well.

Comment from: please help 123, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 24

I cannot remember when the leg pain actually started, but I can truly say that I wake up crying in the early morning after sleeping only 2 or 3 hours. My left upper leg and my left hip won’t allow me any peace at all. I have to get up at 04:30 am to start my day for work. I did visit my family doctor and before I explained my illness he basically said I was fat and lazy. I don’t know where to go from here.

Comment from: Suma, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I had chikungunya attack recently and now the pain has spread. If I sleep and stretch my right leg, I have severe pain as though the bone is broken.

Comment from: hurt, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I fell down, but sat down on my left leg as it bent back underneath me, fell on the bottom step. Now I have leg pain.

Comment from: Dlover55, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 13

Sciatica is the cause for my leg pain.

Comment from: Kk, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: August 14

I have severe pain in the back of my right leg and going round to the top of my thigh. I cannot bend it and it's hurting when I walk on it. I have rheumatoid arthritis and osteoarthritis.

Comment from: CassCat, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 08

I've noticed that if my right leg is in a position and stayed there for a bit, there comes a pain where I either have to roll the area of my joint or apply pressure and then roll it. I don’t know the reason for it. I get it more often now.

Comment from: Nana, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 20

I had vein treatment on my left leg, and about two weeks later I have been getting a very bad pain all over my leg when I sleep on my side, doesn’t matter which side! So l have to sleep on my back or stomach!

Comment from: Jo baby, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I fell getting into my husband’s Ford 150 pickup truck. I was getting up into the truck and the sidebar broke all the way off so I fell backwards on to the cement and hurt my left side leg and hip. I didn’t break anything but my leg had what you call a deep muscle and bone bruise. This happened in May of 2018. At first I could not move or walk. Just now I’m trying to walk and I’m taking therapy. Hoping to be walking real soon. I hope no one ever experiences that kind of fall, it hurt so bad and still does.

Comment from: Donna, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

A fall landing on the left side of my leg is the cause of my leg pain.

Comment from: gage, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 27

Playing pickleball I got pain down lower back and back of legs resulting in no more play. It was a very competitive level of play.

Comment from: farida, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 27

I went to my country for three weeks and I got a disease called chikungunya. When I returned to Dubai my hands and both legs started hurting so much. I eat so many medicines which were given by the doctor but there is no improvement in my legs.

Comment from: Dee, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 06

I was walking at night and tripped and fell hard on the cement; that was two years ago and most of the injuries are ok. Just in the outside cord of muscle on my left leg above the knee (and slightly below the knee), the pain is debilitating and is making life miserable. I've been prescribed pain pills and lead a healthy life and my weight is fine. But the pain is with me most of the time. The doctors don't say much and I'm afraid they just don't want to tell me bad news.

Comment from: Geeb, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: December 01

After sleeping for a couple of hours I used to be awakened by a severe leg ache in my right leg ache that would go away when I stood and walked a little but would wake me again in a couple hours. I was getting little sleep and the pain and muscle weakness were extending into the day. I have found I can avoid the waking with pain if I sleep on my back or as someone else mentioned, hang the foot over the side of the bed. When I do these things the pain does not start and the muscles are almost back to normal. I think some pressure is blocking the circulation when lying on my side. Sound too simple? Try it.

Comment from: Sluggulchlady, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

I have had nightly leg pain for so long now that I can't even remember when it began. I would guess around 1992 but not sure. The funny thing about it is that it only occurs at night. The nightly leg pain began with a burning sensation in both legs, sort of like what your skin would feel like after being burned, or like sandpaper being rubbed roughly over your skin until it's raw. Now it's changed to not only the burning, but also pain throughout both legs. I've learned to sleep through the night but it's not a real restful sleep. If the pain wakes me, I can get some relief by sticking my legs out of the bed covers, or raising my knees up, but it is hard to keep them up for long. But it still returns when I cover up again. Last night my legs hurt so bad that even when I got up in the morning they continued to have pain. I decided to go for a walk and that helped relieve the pain. Once, a while back, my doctor told me it was peripheral neuropathy and said he could give me a medicine for it. I declined. I've learned to live with this pain for so long and I don't want to take medicines for it. I just would like to know what it is and why it started.

Comment from: LadyBanker, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

I have chronic kidney disease (CKD) stage 4, and had experimental drug of Acthar gel for 16 months, then one dose of rituximab to maintain kidney function, and then on prednisone for 6 months. I am no longer taking any of this medications and having severe bone pain in legs and arms. I have been checked for all kinds of cancers, all negative. I wonder if the bone pain is after taking any of these drugs.

Comment from: FJG, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 17

As a volunteer driver, I drove a lady patient to a hospital that is 250 kilometers away two days in a row. This lady was always sweating to an extent that she asked me to turn the air conditioner down so low that I could feel cold air on my left leg. I got home after the second trip chilled to the bone. I immediately got into bed and was in bed for the next week before I warmed up. Since then, I have pain in the upper and bottom section of my left leg which is very painful so much that I am not able to walk. I have tried a heating pad, rubbing ointment but to no avail. I can only sleep in my Lazy Boy chair. I would appreciate some advice or remedy. I wonder if this would be arthritis setting in, or just cold.

Comment from: niya, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

When I finish office or after play football I pain on foot.

Comment from: K.b.79, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

After I lie down and get back up I have leg pain, and also when I first get up in the morning. My legs and feet throb, they have so much pain, aching, throbbing and hurting badly. This makes it hard for me when I get up. I can barely walk after I just sit down for a few minutes but mostly when I lie down for a while and get back up, especially when I get up in the morning. Sharp numbing pains in my feet and my legs hurt that I want to just sit right back down.

Comment from: Prasad ch, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: November 21

My leg is paining if I walk some distance, at the top of the foot joint. I don’t know what the reason is.

Comment from: Santhosh, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: September 04

I have a pain in my upper leg, only in the morning. The pain disappears on its own without any medicine and exercise. Till I sleep there is no pain, after it is gone, and then when I wake up it starts again. Only in the mornings. I can't walk. I remember well that I never got injured. I must sit down till the pain is relieved.

Comment from: R.NARENDER G, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 27

My right leg is so painful I am unable to walk without a stick. By taking the support of a stick I can walk a little bit but with pain only. If the stick is not there then I may fell down. My stepping is also not proper. This is the problem I have been facing for 3 months. I went to many hospitals and also used all types of medicines and also did massage with oil. But I am still not recovered. Now I cannot go anywhere.

Comment from: Denise R, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 06

I’ve had pain in the lower calf for 3 weeks now. It feels like a muscle contraction, it does not fully tense up, but still I have the throbbing pain. I don’t know what the cause is and I’m worried.

Comment from: Rich W, 0-2 Male (Caregiver) Published: June 27

I get leg pain if I sit down and it does not go away. If I recline the chair, it does not go away, but if I stand up it helps. All I’m trying to do is relieve the pain and it does not go away. I take a 500 mg of Tylenol, but it doesn’t really help. When I lie down horizontally in the bed, yes it helps. What is terrible is I can’t sit on a chair.

Comment from: Irene, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 25

I have severe pain from the back of my knee all the way down to my ankle. The pain gets even more severe with activity. Today it felt like my whole leg was on fire. It aches, throbs and pulsates and this has been getting worse by the day. It has been going on since May 30th.

Comment from: Alpesh, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: June 25

I have been in too much leg pain and spasming muscle at night and feel not too good.

Comment from: FD, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I am having pain in my calf, feet and also my hands. I am not able to sleep at night. Both of my legs are giving me so much pain, for no reason I know of.

Comment from: Onna, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 08

Today I walked about 10 km and now I can't even walk straight because my legs hurt too much. I don’t know what is causing the pain.

Comment from: Care, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 29

I get horrible pain in my legs, at first it starts behind my knee and then wraps around my leg. At times it is in my lower leg and over my foot. But it brings tears to my eyes, I can't walk and have to sit down until the pain passes. And I can be walking or lying down that doesn't seem to matter.

Comment from: Gary, 45-54 (Patient) Published: October 16

We have been doing a lot of walking. I have pain all around my thigh when I sit or lie down.

Comment from: Nervous, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 03

My age is 52. I have pain on the right side of my leg, in one spot. I have arthritis in both my knees and my knees are bone on bone.

Comment from: John , 45-54 (Caregiver) Published: September 25

My leg really hurts outside my thigh in the right leg. I thought maybe I pulled a muscle but I have had it for 5 weeks now. It feels in the thigh bone, not muscle. I am just wondering what could be causing it.

Comment from: A, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 19

I have a pulling pain in the right side of my leg from my hip and I can’t sit. I need to know the reason for the same. I have arthritis.

Comment from: Shakila, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 14

I don’t have any injury causing my leg pain but I no longer move or change myself and I feel too much heat in my legs. I even feel some moving stuff in both my legs.

Comment from: Help me, 65-74 (Patient) Published: September 06

I have numbness, tingling and knife stabbing pain like it is ripping my leg open. It is between the hip and knee on the outside of my thigh. I just can’t deal with the pain. And it is burning and so tender I can’t stand to touch my skin.

Comment from: Michele, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

My legs hurt so badly. I have peripheral vascular disease (PVD), sciatica nerve pain, osteoarthritis, and my legs are cramping is so bad. I couldn’t walk the other day, it was a serious charley horse at the bottom of my leg.

Comment from: Annie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 06

After I walk briskly on a treadmill for 30 minutes, and I wake up the next day and get out of bed, my legs heat up, and they feel very strange.

Comment from: kiu, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 30

My left calf hurts when I don't stand on my leg but stops hurting when I stand on it.

Comment from: Jude , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

I can’t remember what caused my leg pain or when this started but at night I struggle to get comfy and can’t sleep. My leg muscles in the top and bottom of my legs, and my muscle on the outside of thighs just ache and feel bruised. It’s more only as soon as I get in bed and lie down. I’m so fed up of it.

Comment from: Sannette2002love2002, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 30

My lower leg has a bad pain in it. It's like a toothache but it's my leg. I have to hold it in a certain position. And if I attempt to rub it at that time it flares up that much more. I don’t know what is causing my leg pain.

Comment from: Graham, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 14

I have difficulty in raising my left leg such as getting into a car. I get a pain through the upper leg muscles. I also have difficulty in raising my whole leg when lying down. It does get easier after a few days. I am looking for exercises that I can do to strengthen the muscles.

Comment from: Concerned, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

Yesterday I had pain in my left knee behind my knee cap. I went to bed and when I woke up my leg wasn't hurting anymore but now my back left shoulder blade is hurting. I could barely walk on my knee the other day and now I can barely move without having a lot of pain in my shoulder. I wonder if this could be a blood clot.

Comment from: Wynette, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 07

I have pain in both legs, they feel very heavy, and it feels like there are rocks in the bottom of my feet. I cannot stand or walk on them, I am in a wheelchair. This just happened all from a cramp in one leg. The doctor can’t find what is going on and is running a lot of tests.

Comment from: mike, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 01

I have severe nonstop pain from the bottom of my back down to my toes in both legs. I can’t walk properly, my legs feel numb, I can’t sit or lie down, and I can’t sleep. The doctors have given me pain relief but nothing works. I wish someone would help before I go mad from the pain.

Comment from: Sky, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I woke up yesterday morning with a pain in my right knee. I can’t walk on it properly as applying pressure on the leg hurts. I never had any form of accidents or knocks to the leg or knee. I wonder if this is going to subside or if I should go to the hospital.

Comment from: Maria, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I have no idea what caused my leg pain, it feels like a vein is being ripped out of my leg when the knee is bent. Only relief is when I lie flat or put my leg up in the air whilst on my back. I can't sit or drive.

Comment from: Ella, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 09

I don't know what the exact cause of my leg pain is. I have 2 fractures in my lower vertebrae, L5 and S1. I have pain in my left leg, it hurts to stand, hurts to lie, hurts to sit down, hurts all night and while sleeping. I also have pains in my upper arms, it hurts to lie on either side.

Comment from: Swede, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: February 28

I am awakened in the middle of the night with lower leg pain when I sleep on my side. If I roll onto my back and straighten my legs, it goes away. Some nights are worse than others. If I get up and walk just a little, it helps.

Comment from: Beaner01, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

I have severe rapid onset bilateral pain in my legs from just above my knees down to my feet. The pain is severe, it takes 30 mg of oxycodone and 30 minutes of terrible pain. I don’t know what I can possibly have that can cause that kind of pain, it is beginning to make me suicidal. Thanks for listening.

Comment from: lechasa g., 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 23

Since 2 years gradually my left legs got thin but my right leg gets ever and this is causing leg pain.

Comment from: Ela, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 29

After gall bladder surgery, I began to feel like a cramp was developing in my lower left leg. I have yet to seek medical attention regarding this condition. I may mention it to the doctor tomorrow.

Comment from: Lee , 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 02

When I stand and walk for a long time I have serious pains in my legs.

Comment from: Grandma, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I have severe leg pain at night starting in my ankle and running up the outside of my left leg.

Comment from: Katy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I have lower leg pain which wakes me up in the morning.

Comment from: Alia, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

I’ve had increasing pain in my right upper femur that continues to travel down. I can’t lie on it but it doesn’t affect anything else.

Comment from: JackieO, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 26

Comment from: Ree, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 05

My lower back hurts some time by my buttocks and when I lie flat on my stomach, from my hip to my mid leg feels like it has a charley horse and won’t come out.

Comment from: Medical, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 20

The last two nights I have had pain in my left leg, I don’t know why.

Comment from: Lisa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

When I am waking up lately the bottom leg muscle aches and it's like it's in a locked position. I can't move my leg until the pains stops, usually in about a minute; it's very painful.

Comment from: james, 75 or over Male (Caregiver) Published: August 14

When lying on my right side I cannot raise my left leg because of sharp pains.

Comment from: Mbabymike, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: July 20

My left leg is bothering me from my ankle up to my hip, I don’t know what is causing that pain.

Comment from: Dorthea, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 05

I have sharp pain shooting in my right leg and it has never happened before. I don’t know what's going on with my leg.

Comment from: Leg pain, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: June 12

I had stomach pain when I used master blaster six pack machine, so I stopped using it. I felt good when sleeping on my stomach and there is no pain, but my leg is paining when sleeping on my stomach.

Comment from: Blue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 31

I am very active, running, walking, HIIT (high-intensity interval training), dancing and do whatever to get my heart rate going. Recently I have leg pain, in both legs, and it is annoying. Pain isn't bad all the time but there is pain, I don’t know what I can do to relieve the pain. I need to exercise, I have for most of my life. I am wondering if I need to see a doctor or if I can treat this pain at home.

Comment from: Sarah, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: November 29

I have right leg pain when I go to bed. At first it was lower, in the shin area, and now it is in my thigh. It is worse if I stand still during the day. It feels better lying on my back with my legs bent or hanging one over the side. If I walk a lot during the day, I have no pain at night.

Comment from: painintheoss, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 02

I have severe left thigh pain that seems to be radiating from my lower left back.

Comment from: Bala D., 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 24

My age is 22. Since 3 days I have been getting bone pain under the knee in both my legs.

Comment from: Archana, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 24

The pain in my left leg started about 15 days ago. Truly I do not know how to fully describe it. First, as of now it is not disturbing my day to day activities and is not always present. But at different times of the day different parts of the left gives a stinging kind of feeling. Sometimes it is the lower portion of the thigh, sometimes it is the knee, at other times it is the front of the lower leg. While lying down I find it sometimes laborious to lift my left leg and turn my body. But not always. While I touch those parts, the pain is not there. This situation has been there for quite some time that I feel that it could not be normal and that some care is needed but I really do not know as to which specialist I should approach.

Comment from: chris, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 09

As a young man I was involved in a motor vehicle accident in Alaska. I was a passenger in the front seat. We were going too fast when we approached the city dock. I knew we were going go over so I got down on the floor and put my head on the seat. We teetered on the edge for a second and went forward hitting a lower dock. We kept going and fell 60 feet to the water upside down. The car filled up with water around my head and I took a deep breath. The car lunged forward and I was hit in the head and knocked unconscious. I awoke at the bottom about 100 feet down I somehow got out. It was dark and I couldn't see anything. I made it out and somehow survived although no one else did. Ever since then, I’ve had bad nerve pain in my lower legs.

Comment from: Linda, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: September 18

I have had three back surgeries to make room for nerves leading to my right thigh and upper leg. They provided temporary relief. I am now going to a pain clinic. I have had steroid injections three times to relieve the pain. That took three and a half weeks to be effective and lasted only four days. My pain has now returned and was informed yesterday there was not anything else they could do now. I was told I would have to live with it. I am so disgusted and disappointed.

Comment from: Bob joe, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: September 18

I am diabetic with good health except poor eye vision. I started having heavy legs as the day goes. I've been been seeing different doctors and having all kind of examinations. The results are all normal except the neural test saying that response amplitude is a bit low. The heavy feeling bothers me only when I slowly movie around, but once I start to walk like 3-4 miles speed.

Comment from: avantecd, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 29

I am suffering from pain that is in the groin area, hip and thigh. The pain isn't constant, it flares up when I least expect, If I am sitting on a bed and get up, I may have sharp deep pain, on my right leg, whereby I cannot put any weigh on that leg.

Comment from: Christine, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I have just broken my leg and fractured my ankle.

Comment from: Karen, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 29

This has gone on for ten months with no real diagnosis; my pain is immobilizing from my hip down to my feet in both legs - the right leg being the worst I have had a spine epidural and a hip injection. Neither did very much and what they did lasted a week or two. I have been to orthopedic specialists, pain management, and have been waiting for 6 weeks to get an appt with a hip specialist. I am wondering if I am going to the wrong doctors - I have had MRIs, CT scans, X-rays galore and no doctor can pin point the cause of my pain. I have hip arthritis, and the specialist says it is not severe enough for a hip implant (which is fine with me). I have lost ten weeks of work and I will lose my home in eight months because my savings will be gone. I can't work at Walmart even because I can't stand for more than 2 min. due to pain and extreme soreness. I am 74, covered by Medicare and a supplement, but feel that perhaps my age is resulting in the lack of caring about my pain and suffering.

Comment from: sandy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I have plates in my left leg but am getting them out soon.

Comment from: Mikebee, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: March 05

I have suffered from lower leg pain for some years. I have been prescribed Gabapentin (300mg) which I now take during the day. I take three x 300mg at breakfast time; two x 300mg at lunch time, and four x 300mg before retiring to bed. After being in bed I can sleep for two hours then lower leg pain wakes me up. I then take two x 30mg dihydrocodeine tablets which ease the pain. I then sleep for another two hours or so and have to take 2x 500mg paracetamol tablets and sleep for another two hours or so.

Comment from: So dear, Female Published: February 11

I have extremely sensitive to touch lower legs. There is no pain unless the lower legs are touched. There is also discoloration and some redness.

Comment from: gertie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 11

I am a 72-year-old female and had total knee replacement over a year ago. I also have diabetes that is not very well controlled. Both my legs from knees down to my toes hurt so badly that it's a chore to even walk. I'm unsure as to why both legs hurt because only my right knee was replaced. My legs swell and are very rough feeling to the touch. They also get very red sometimes. My PCP doesn't seem to be too worried but her nurse practitioner sent me for Doppler studies and it's not a circulation problem.

Comment from: eddie, 45-54 (Patient) Published: May 20

I was hit by a rebar bending machine at work on my inner calf. I have been in pain since.

Comment from: RR, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 18

The back of my left leg behind my buttock hurts a lot. I’m not sure whether it happened when I jumped three feet off a ledge or it’s because I slept on a hard surface. I woke up with this terrible pain and it’s gotten worse.

Comment from: Lee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 24

I have numbness and stiffness in both legs and feet, making it hard to walk. I do have spinal stenosis as well, but that is not causing the pain in my legs and feet. I am taking a break from hospital tests, but no one seems to know what is causing the problem.

Comment from: lisa, 45-54 Female Published: February 17

I was in the hospital a week for the second time with pneumonia in one month. The second time I was in the hospital, they were giving me shots to prevent blood clots. I have been home four days now and the pain in my legs is so bad.

Comment from: Faith, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 14

I had a sudden bolt of pain in my calf muscle when I got out of bed in the morning. I heard a snap and then excruciating pain. It was caused by a lack of electrolytes and not warming up before using my stationary bike. I was diagnosed with a torn muscle.

CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW