Liver Blood Tests

What were the results of your liver blood test? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: ramsey, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 25

The results of my liver blood test came back with AST 4800 due to my alcoholism and cirrhosis. The liver is a fantastic bit of kit, take care of it. I haven't drunk since those results and my reading is now 375, all other results are raised and will never be normal, but as long as I don't drink again I can lead a full life.

Comment from: Isabella Zen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 24

Last week the emergency department liver blood tests and CT scan results revealed an enlarged liver at 18 cm, and a small umbilical hernia. I am a 58 year old female, 104 lb., 5 ft. 3 in. I have a long history of codeine/acetaminophen due to chronic spine pain. I am awaiting appointment with the specialist. Perhaps early liver problems.

Comment from: Notheppy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

During my hospital stay so far, from night 1 up to night 3, liver blood test results are ALT: 641 – 787 – 784, AST: 399 – 562 – 586, alkaline phosphate: 155 – 191 – 170, and bilirubin: 1.7 – 2 - 0.08. I am diagnosed with acute hepatitis C: 4,599,677, genotype 3. I can't stop itching and my numbers are too high and symptoms too complicated!

Comment from: Loz, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 07

Since 2012 my liver blood test results have been abnormal; my ALT is 123. The doctor doesn't seem to know what is causing this as my liver screening test came back negative with no abnormality. I have been stabbed that many times for blood and had scans but nothing untoward but I am worrying myself sick that something is wrong and doctors have missed it.

Comment from: SparkyDMFD, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 22

My liver function tests are absurd and I'm now questioning my doctors. I know why. I began taking medicines for latent tuberculosis on June 1st. My liver enzymes before I started were ALT 38 and AST 42. On July 11th they jumped to ALT 431 and AST 323. On Aug 10th they jumped again to ALT 655 and AST 499. My doctor now wants me to continue on and test again on Sept 13. I am miserable. Sick all the time. When I eat, I get sick. I was a healthy person until I started this treatment. Beginning to question if my doctors are looking out for my best interest.

Comment from: Stella, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 11

The result of liver blood test is 535.

Comment from: Valarie , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 11

My liver test results come back high at 89. I am worried about it.

Comment from: Justtj, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

The results of liver blood test came with elevated enzyme level at 200.

Comment from: JoeB, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: May 30

The results of my liver blood test are 41 ALT and 32 AST.

Comment from: Kb, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

The result of my liver blood test is ALT 89, and I am scheduled for an ultrasound. I don't have a clue what causes this elevation from the standard range of 54. I am not a drinker nor taking any Tylenol. But I do like my green tea.

Comment from: Doug, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 12

My liver enzymes have been reported as high on 3 different events over the last 3 months. I started having massive violent seizures June 2015. I have had over 8 of them so they ran tests. My doctor said many times it points to cancer in the body somewhere so they ran a battery of tests. It was found I had a malignant brain tumor. I guess now I wish I didn't know.

Comment from: Ski, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 12

My doctor said I should quit drinking for a month and then have another liver blood test. My AST is 33, ALT 36 and alkaline phosphate is 149.

Comment from: Donna, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 15

The results of liver blood test are AST level 370, ALT level 586, and alkaline phosphatase 519; not sure what this means.

Comment from: Carol, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I had a transient ischemic attack on 2/19 and was put on simvastatin and clopidogrel. Now after my liver blood test, my AST went from 40 to 48 and my ALT went from 32 to 36, wondering if this could be from the drugs.

Comment from: M. Das Ghosh, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 12

Liver function test reads as below on 1/12/2014: alkaline phosphatase 140 U/l, SGOT 15.8 U/I, SGPT 20.7, U/I, GGT 21.5U/I, bilirubin (direct) 0.15mg/dl, and bilirubin (indirect) 0.33mg/dl.

Comment from: Al, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 05

I wonder if my liver blood test is still in normal range. Following are the results: FBS 4.43 mmol/l ref. 33.3-6.10, BUN 3.80 mmol/l ref. 1.66-8.3, creatinine 77.00 umol/l ref. 53-110, ALT 20.00 U/L ref. 0-36, AST 17.00 U/L ref. 0-32 and LDH 148.00 U/L ref. 103-227.

Comment from: VISHAK, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 11

The results of your liver blood test are AST (SGOT) 57 and ALT (SGPT) 110.

Comment from: JB, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 19

My bilirubin total is 1.26 mg/dl, GGT is 57 U/I, SGOT is 46.6 U/I and SGPT is 53.5 U/I.

Comment from: mebanegirl, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: March 05

I recently developed shingles and on follow up, blood work indicated a ALT level of 89A and an AST level of 54A.

Comment from: momtothree, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I had my Blood tested yesterday and I hadn't eaten yet. I got up at 7:00 and they drew my blood at 10:00. My Blood sugar was 122 and my Liver # was 48.

• Liver Blood Tests - Diagnosis

Please describe how Liver Blood Tests has helped in your diagnosis.

• Liver Blood Tests - Experience with Elevated Levels

If your AST or ALT blood levels were elevated at one time or now, please share your experience with diagnosis of the cause and treatments.

• Liver Blood Tests - Causes

What was the cause of your elevated liver blood values?

• Live Blood Tests - Medications as Cause

What medication or medications elevated your liver blood enzymes, and how was it treated?

Post View 2 Comments

REFERENCE: American Liver Foundation. Liver Function Tests. Jan14,2015.
< http://www.liverfoundation.org/abouttheliver/info/liverfunctiontests/>