About the Online Medical Dictionary
The online medical dictionary of definitions on eMedicineHealth.com is a useful health dictionary for you to quickly find information on medical terms. The medical dictionary is from MedTerms™ and covers terminology of over 16,000 healthcare words including diseases, medical jargon, and abbreviations. These definitions are written for consumers by U.S. Board Certified doctors who also authored the Webster's New World™ Medical Dictionary. To find a term in the dictionary, begin by clicking on a letter in the A-Z list or type your medical word in the search box and click the search button.
Popular Medical Terms
- Vaginal discharge
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Premenstrual dysphoric disorder
Weekly Health News
- Eating More Organic Food Tied to Lower Cancer Risk
- FDA Panel OKs Stronger Opioid Despite Concerns
- Several Influenza Deaths in US, Including One Child, as Flu Season Begins
- Feds and Pharma Spar Over Drug Costs in TV Ads
- Cancer Bell Ringing Angers Some Who Can Only Watch
Medical Dictionary Help
The medical dictionary on eMedicineHealth.com is organized with a list of medical terms under each letter. By clicking on a letter, you will jump to the list of words. There, you can browse down the terms to find the word you are looking for. This is especially helpful if you are not sure of the medical spelling (medical misspellings are common). Clicking on the word will take you to the medical definition. If you know the spelling of the medical word you can also use the search box. Type in your word and click the search button to find the definition in the dictionary.