Meniere's Disease

What was the treatment for your meniere disease? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Nepa, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 16

After experiencing a few dizzy spells, and some loss of hearing in one ear from Meniere's disease, I saw an ENT who felt immediate inner ear injections would prevent further hearing loss. I highly recommend asking for anesthesia as the first two injections were given without it, and were very painful. The pain did not last, yet made me fear going back. I then went for steroid injections given under general anesthesia. I feel the results have been worthwhile. I have not had an attack of dizziness since (which had been bad enough to cause nausea and keep me in bed all day), nor is my hearing loss any worse. He asked why I did not come sooner, but I found it hard to distinguish my early symptoms from a flu or virus at first. My advice is to take even minor hearing loss seriously, and get checked out.

Comment from: DAVIDL, 55-64 (Patient) Published: August 20

I have been sick and dizzy. Every time I stand up I feel sick and it can last all day and all I want to do is sleep. Meniere's disease is a horrible feeling like having a hangover. I am waiting for an ENT test.

• Meniere Disease - Symptoms and Treatments

Please describe your symptoms and effective treatment for meniere disease.

Post View 29 Comments
  • Meniere's Disease - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with Meniere's disease.

Post View 23 Comments

Medically reviewed by Peter O'Connor, MD; American Board of Otolaryngology with subspecialty in Sleep Medicine

REFERENCE: