Menopause (Symptoms, Remedies, and Treatment Medications)

Please share your experience with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Lorraine , 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 29

I had breast cancer followed by removal of ovaries now am in surgical menopause and am having joint problems. I have shaky sickly pains in my chest, find it difficult to breathe and feel tired. I am feeling so bad, have done everything but am at the end of the tether. I'm so depressed.

Comment from: ohiowoman, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I'm almost 46 and feel like I'm perimenopausal. My periods are erratic. I've gone from spotting to heavy bleeding for 3 weeks, then one week off now I'm spotting again. Sometimes I'm crampy and sometimes nothing. I've heard sage tea is good for symptoms so I've ordered some and hoping for some relief. I started to worry something was seriously wrong with me but after reading a few other posts it seems I'm not alone. I have a hard time sleeping at night so I've tried a small dose of melatonin 5 mg before bed and it helped. I just got married 2 months ago and having a period for weeks is really awful. Thank goodness my husband is patient.

Comment from: Patti, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I had my last period at 55. I was more stressed with the perimenopause. I never really had symptoms that were horrible. I don't sleep but now that I am 58 I am getting the symptoms, dry vagina, palpitations, hot flashes, and dropped bladder. I thought I was free and now my symptoms start.

Comment from: poppy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 15

I am 47, and am in my perimenopausal stage of my life. I am 3 or 4 years into it. I am still having the odd random period, but they are getting less and less. I have coped with night sweats since the start. The rest of the symptoms I am experiencing are paranoia, anxiety, and mood swings. I am now thinking of taking doctor's advice as these symptoms are effecting every aspect of my life, friends, job, family, decision making and my personality is changing. This is scary! I am a naturally bubble happy person, but I am feeling down and paranoid beyond rationality. I am not liking any of this and have absolutely no control over my mind, feelings and reality.

• Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with menopause?

Post View 46 Comments
  • Menopause - Experience

Please describe your experience with menopause.

Post View 4 Comments
  • Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms did/do you have with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause?

Post View 3 Comments
  • Menopause - Lifestyle Changes

What lifestyle changes have you made during perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause that have helped ease the symptoms?

Post View 2 Comments
  • Menopause - Hormone Therapy

What hormone therapy combination therapies have you taken during perimenopause, menopause, or post menopause?

Post View 2 Comments

REFERENCE:

Kovacs, P. MD. "Treatment Options for Menopausal Symptoms." Medscape. Updated: Jul 23, 2014.
<https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/828482>