Menopause (Symptoms, Remedies, and Treatment Medications)

What symptoms did/do you have with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: sudha, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 09

I have had irritability, loss of sleep and terrible mood swings with menopause. I am feeling low and at times have depression. I am losing interest in everything. I am running 49 now.

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 17

I am a 61 year old woman who started menopause about 5 years ago. I still am having hot flashes off and on and wonder if that is unusual or if there are other women my age still suffering with hot flashes.

Comment from: dragon54, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 29

My period stopped fully about 2 years ago. My hot flashes can last 20 minutes, not this 30 seconds you talk about and I feel like I'm going to catch on fire. It creates insomnia and memory loss. At age 54 I feel like I'm losing my mind. I feel exhausted all the time, hard to work as many hours as I used to for my job. Exercise does help when I can get myself to do it. I have a family to care for, so that has an impact. I use turmeric spice in my food about a teaspoon and it reduces the severity of the hot flashes. I've tried black cohosh root and it helps a bit. To deal with insomnia, I take a sleep aid Wal-Som, the one with doxylamine succinate 25 mg as the ingredient, split in half along with drinking a few shots of whiskey and I can sleep. I can't without it now. My doctor says that's okay, it is not addictive and won't hurt taking the way I am. My other option would be for her to prescribe me a sleeping pill and those are addictive. So I'm waiting and hoping my mind and sleep come back in a few years. Hope this helps someone else.

• Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with menopause?

Post View 46 Comments
  • Menopause - Experience

Please describe your experience with menopause.

Post View 4 Comments
  • Menopause - Experience

Please share your experience with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause.

Post View 4 Comments
  • Menopause - Lifestyle Changes

What lifestyle changes have you made during perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause that have helped ease the symptoms?

Post View 2 Comments
  • Menopause - Hormone Therapy

What hormone therapy combination therapies have you taken during perimenopause, menopause, or post menopause?

Post View 2 Comments

REFERENCE:

Kovacs, P. MD. "Treatment Options for Menopausal Symptoms." Medscape. Updated: Jul 23, 2014.
<https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/828482>