Menopause (Symptoms, Remedies, and Treatment Medications)

What hormone therapy combination therapies have you taken during perimenopause, menopause, or post menopause? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Terry, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 17

I am a 57 year old female, married, 4 grown children and one miscarriage. I started my periods at 11. My main symptoms have been hot flashes and night sweats. The night sweats were so continuous that I couldn't get any sleep and it started interfering with my work. I went to the gynecologist three years ago and my FSH was at 39 then and I was told 40 was the cutoff for menopause. However my body doesn't think so, at this time my periods are every 2 months even though I went for 7 months without one last year. I had a D and C in the doctor's office a year ago and that didn't help as far as I could tell. I was put on HRT (hormone replacement therapy) 3 years ago and it is the only way I can function. If I go off it, the hot flashes are back within a week and then the night sweats start within 2 weeks. I have had blood clots as a result of knee surgery 6 years ago and went through tests that determined I don't have a clotting disorder, so the gynecologist has let me stay on HRT, but not sure for how much longer. I do have vaginal dryness, lack of libido, and have gained some weight.

Comment from: jane, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: December 21

I am in perimenopause and taking Zoely pills.

• Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms have you experienced with menopause?

Post View 46 Comments
  • Menopause - Experience

Please describe your experience with menopause.

Post View 4 Comments
  • Menopause - Experience

Please share your experience with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause.

Post View 4 Comments
  • Menopause - Symptoms

What symptoms did/do you have with perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause?

Post View 3 Comments
  • Menopause - Lifestyle Changes

What lifestyle changes have you made during perimenopause, menopause, or postmenopause that have helped ease the symptoms?

Post View 2 Comments

REFERENCE:

Kovacs, P. MD. "Treatment Options for Menopausal Symptoms." Medscape. Updated: Jul 23, 2014.
<https://www.medscape.com/viewarticle/828482>