Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and disabling mental illness. It affects men and women with equal frequency. Schizophrenia and other mental health disorders have fairly strict criteria for diagnosis. Time of onset as well as length and characteristics of symptoms are all factors. The active symptoms of schizophrenia must be present at least 6 months, or only 1 month if treated.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Mental Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Mental Health Related Resources
Mental Health Articles
- How Long Does It Take for SSRI Withdrawal to Happen?
- Opioid Abuse and Addiction
- What Are the Behavioral Signs of Child Abuse?
- What Are the Nine Traits of a Narcissist?
- How Do I Know If I'm an Agoraphobic?
- What Types of Medication Treat ADHD?
- What Are the 17 Symptoms of Complex PTSD?
- Is ADHD Hereditary?
- Does Caffeine Help ADHD?
- Obsessive Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
- How Long Does It Take for Buspirone to Kick In?
- Tourette Syndrome
- Can ADHD Medication Cause Liver Problems?
- What Is the Most Common Behavior Disorder?
- What Is THC on a Drug Test?
Mental Health Medications
- asenapine (sublingual) (Saphris, Saphris Black Cherry) (Saphris)
- iloperidone (Fanapt) (Fanapt)
- paliperidone (oral) (Invega) (Invega)
- aripiprazole (oral) (Abilify, Abilify Discmelt) (Abilify, Abilify Discmelt)
- escitalopram (Lexapro) (Lexapro)
- ziprasidone (oral/injection) (Geodon) (Geodon)
- olanzapine (oral) (ZyPREXA, ZyPREXA Zydis) (Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis)
- fluvoxamine (Luvox, Luvox CR) (Luvox, Luvox CR)
- risperidone (oral) (Risperdal, Risperdal M-Tab)
- pimozide (Orap) (Orap)
- loxapine (oral) (Loxitane) (Loxitane, Loxitane C)
- trifluoperazine (Stelazine) (Stelazine)
- isocarboxazid (Marplan) (Marplan)
- clomipramine (Anafranil) (Anafranil)
- perphenazine (Trilafon) (Trilafon)
Mental Health Images and Slideshows
- Pain Management: One-Move Fixes for Pain and Stress
- Ways to Practice Self-Care
- Reasons You May Have Brain Fog
- ADHD/ADD in Adults: Symptoms & Treatments in Pictures
- 13 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump
- How to Break Your Phone Habit
- Surprising Signs of Depression
- Don’t Let Loneliness Harm Your Health
- Binge Watching and Your Health
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders: Conditions That Look Like Anxiety
- Health and Balance: What’s Causing My Mood Swings?
- Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
- Mental Health: Where to Get Mental Health Help
- Coronavirus: How the Pandemic Is Affecting Our Bodies
- Brain and Nervous System: Conditions That Can Cause Hallucinations
Mental Health Quizzes
- Schizophrenia Quiz: What is Schizophrenia?
- Grief, Bereavement, and Mourning Quiz: Test Your Understanding
- Moods Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
- PTSD Quiz: Test your IQ of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
- Panic Attacks (Panic Disorder) Quiz: Test Your Mental Health IQ
- Adult ADHD Quiz: Symptoms & Test
Mental Health News
- What Are the Physical Symptoms of Depression?
- How Do You Discipline a Child with ADHD?
- How Do You Calm Down a Child with ADHD?
- Can You Treat ADHD without Drugs?
- What Does ADHD Look Like in Adults?
- What Do Adults Take for ADHD?
- Is ADHD Classified as a Mental Illness?
- Is ADHD a Disability in Adults?
- Are You Born With ADHD or Do You Get It?
- What Is It Like to Have ADHD?
- Can a Child Grow out of ADHD?