Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and disabling mental illness. It affects men and women with equal frequency. Schizophrenia and other mental health disorders have fairly strict criteria for diagnosis. Time of onset as well as length and characteristics of symptoms are all factors. The active symptoms of schizophrenia must be present at least 6 months, or only 1 month if treated.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Mental Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Mental Health Related Resources
Mental Health Articles
- How Does Suicide Affect Loved Ones?
- What Are The Nine Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder?
- What Can Trigger Schizophrenia?
- What Is a Nervous Breakdown?
- Assessment and Treatment of Suicidal Thoughts
- Are Anxiety Pills Bad for You?
- What Can You Give A Child for Anxiety?
- How Do You Treat Anxiety in the Elderly?
- Do Anxiety Meds Make You Lose Weight?
- What Are the Signs of An Anxiety Attack?
- Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
- Clinical Depression
- What Are the Signs of a Narcissistic Child?
- What Are the Nine Traits of a Narcissist?
- What Are the Symptoms of Walking Corpse Syndrome?
Mental Health Medications
- asenapine (sublingual) (Saphris, Saphris Black Cherry) (Saphris)
- iloperidone (Fanapt) (Fanapt)
- paliperidone (oral) (Invega) (Invega)
- aripiprazole (Abilify, Abilify Discmelt) (Abilify, Abilify Discmelt)
- escitalopram (Lexapro) (Lexapro)
- ziprasidone (oral/injection) (Geodon) (Geodon)
- olanzapine (oral) (ZyPREXA, ZyPREXA Zydis) (Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis)
- fluvoxamine (Luvox, Luvox CR) (Luvox, Luvox CR)
- risperidone (oral) (Risperdal, Risperdal M-Tab)
- pimozide (Orap) (Orap)
- loxapine (oral) (Loxitane) (Loxitane, Loxitane C)
- trifluoperazine (Stelazine) (Stelazine)
- isocarboxazid (Marplan) (Marplan)
- clomipramine (Anafranil) (Anafranil)
Mental Health Images and Slideshows
- Mental Health: Marijuana Addiction and Abuse
- Pain Management: One-Move Fixes for Pain and Stress
- Anxiety & Panic Disorders: Risk Factors for Anxiety
- Mental Health: Celebrities Who Are Open About Addiction
- Dementia and Alzheimer's: Is It Aging or Alzheimer's?
- Health and Balance: Signs You're Burned Out
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors: Picking, Pulling, and Biting Disorders
- Time Management: How to Stop Wasting Time
- Strange Addictions: Sugar, Porn, Ice Cubes and More
- Dementia and Alzheimer's: 13 Bad Brain Health Habits
- Anxiety, Stress, Worry, and Your Body
- Brain Health: Foods that May Lower Dementia Risk
- ADHD: ADHD in Women and Girls
- ADHD Symptoms: What Makes Them Worse?
- Schizophrenia: Symptoms, Types, Causes, Treatment
Mental Health Quizzes
- Schizophrenia Quiz: What is Schizophrenia?
- Grief, Bereavement, and Mourning Quiz: Test Your Understanding
- Moods Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
- PTSD Quiz: Test your IQ of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
- Panic Attacks (Panic Disorder) Quiz: Test Your Mental Health IQ
- Adult ADHD Quiz: Symptoms & Test
Mental Health News
- Anorexia May Stunt Young Women's Growth
- CBD as Treatment for Cannabis Use Disorder?
- 'Worldwide Prevalence' of OCD Higher in Women vs. Men
- Routine Anxiety Screening Recommended for Women
- Panic, Abuse, Addiction: The COVID-19 Mental Health Crisis
- Smoking May Raise Psychosis, Depression Risk
- Medical Cannabis for Mental Disorders 'Hard to Justify'
- More Naloxone Being Dispensed, but Not Nearly Enough, CDC Says
- Giving Up Alcohol Boosts Mental Health in Women
- US Suicide Rates Hit Record-High Levels, CDC Says
- Lack of Sleep Harms College Students' Mental Health
- Anxiety in America Still High: Top Nationwide Worries Revealed
- Cannabis-Linked Emergency Room Visits
- High Potency Cannabis Tied to 50% of New Psychosis Cases
- Alcohol Problems Grow as Booze Gets a Bigger Kick