Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and disabling mental illness. It affects men and women with equal frequency. Schizophrenia and other mental health disorders have fairly strict criteria for diagnosis. Time of onset as well as length and characteristics of symptoms are all factors. The active symptoms of schizophrenia must be present at least 6 months, or only 1 month if treated.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Mental Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Mental Health Related Resources
Mental Health Articles
- Can You Be Slightly Autistic?
- What Are Seven Common Types of Mental Disorders?
- What Are the Three Types of Personality Disorders?
- Are Adderall and Concerta the Same Thing?
- What Are the Top 10 Phobias?
- What Is Considered an Alcoholic?
- What Are the Characteristics of a Person with Asperger’s?
- What Are the Common Signs of Stress?
- What Is the Most Common Side Effect of Abilify?
- Is Celexa Good for Anxiety?
- What Are The 4 Types of Bipolar?
- What Causes Down Syndrome?
- How Does Suicide Affect Loved Ones?
- What Are The Nine Symptoms of Borderline Personality Disorder?
- What Can Trigger Schizophrenia?
Mental Health Medications
- asenapine (sublingual) (Saphris, Saphris Black Cherry) (Saphris)
- iloperidone (Fanapt) (Fanapt)
- paliperidone (oral) (Invega) (Invega)
- aripiprazole (Abilify, Abilify Discmelt) (Abilify, Abilify Discmelt)
- escitalopram (Lexapro) (Lexapro)
- ziprasidone (oral/injection) (Geodon) (Geodon)
- olanzapine (oral) (ZyPREXA, ZyPREXA Zydis) (Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis)
- fluvoxamine (Luvox, Luvox CR) (Luvox, Luvox CR)
- risperidone (oral) (Risperdal, Risperdal M-Tab)
- pimozide (Orap) (Orap)
- loxapine (oral) (Loxitane) (Loxitane, Loxitane C)
- trifluoperazine (Stelazine) (Stelazine)
- isocarboxazid (Marplan) (Marplan)
- clomipramine (Anafranil) (Anafranil)
- perphenazine (Trilafon) (Trilafon)
Mental Health Images and Slideshows
- Mental Health: Substance Abuse in Older Adults
- Mental Health: Marijuana Addiction and Abuse
- Pain Management: One-Move Fixes for Pain and Stress
- Anxiety & Panic Disorders: Risk Factors for Anxiety
- Mental Health: Celebrities Who Are Open About Addiction
- Dementia and Alzheimer's: Is It Aging or Alzheimer's?
- Health and Balance: Signs You're Burned Out
- Body-Focused Repetitive Behaviors: Picking, Pulling, and Biting Disorders
- Time Management: How to Stop Wasting Time
- Strange Addictions: Sugar, Porn, Ice Cubes and More
- Dementia and Alzheimer's: 13 Bad Brain Health Habits
- Anxiety, Stress, Worry, and Your Body
- Brain Health: Foods that May Lower Dementia Risk
- ADHD: ADHD in Women and Girls
- ADHD Symptoms: What Makes Them Worse?
Mental Health Quizzes
- Schizophrenia Quiz: What is Schizophrenia?
- Grief, Bereavement, and Mourning Quiz: Test Your Understanding
- Moods Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
- PTSD Quiz: Test your IQ of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
- Panic Attacks (Panic Disorder) Quiz: Test Your Mental Health IQ
- Adult ADHD Quiz: Symptoms & Test
Mental Health News
- National Spike in Methamphetamine Overdose Deaths
- As COVID Numbers Rise, So Does 'Psychic Numbing'
- Can Eating Disorders Be Predicted?
- From Cradle to Grave, Alcohol Is Bad for the Brain
- Anorexia May Stunt Young Women's Growth
- CBD as Treatment for Cannabis Use Disorder?
- 'Worldwide Prevalence' of OCD Higher in Women vs. Men
- Routine Anxiety Screening Recommended for Women
- Panic, Abuse, Addiction: The COVID-19 Mental Health Crisis
- Smoking May Raise Psychosis, Depression Risk
- Medical Cannabis for Mental Disorders 'Hard to Justify'
- More Naloxone Being Dispensed, but Not Nearly Enough, CDC Says
- Giving Up Alcohol Boosts Mental Health in Women
- US Suicide Rates Hit Record-High Levels, CDC Says
- Lack of Sleep Harms College Students' Mental Health