Schizophrenia is a chronic, severe, and disabling mental illness. It affects men and women with equal frequency. Schizophrenia and other mental health disorders have fairly strict criteria for diagnosis. Time of onset as well as length and characteristics of symptoms are all factors. The active symptoms of schizophrenia must be present at least 6 months, or only 1 month if treated.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Mental Health related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Mental Health Related Resources
Mental Health Articles
- What Are the 4 Types of Drinkers?
- Munchausen Syndrome
- What Are the First Signs of a Personality Disorder?
- What Is the Life Expectancy for Alzheimer's?
- How Can You Tell If Someone Is Bipolar?
- Can Anxiety Cause Increased Heart Rate?
- Is Anxiety a Mental Disorder?
- What Are the 6 Types of Drug Dependence?
- How Long Does Weed Stay in Your System?
- Can a Parent Cause Anxiety in a Child?
- What Are the 5 As of Schizophrenia?
- Can Parenting Style Cause Autism?
- What Are the Early Signs of Schizophrenia?
- What Are Substance Abuse Disorders?
- What Are the Four Components of Addiction?
Mental Health Medications
- asenapine (sublingual) (Saphris, Saphris Black Cherry) (Saphris)
- iloperidone (Fanapt) (Fanapt)
- paliperidone (oral) (Invega) (Invega)
- aripiprazole (oral) (Abilify, Abilify Discmelt) (Abilify, Abilify Discmelt)
- escitalopram (Lexapro) (Lexapro)
- ziprasidone (oral/injection) (Geodon) (Geodon)
- olanzapine (oral) (ZyPREXA, ZyPREXA Zydis) (Zyprexa, Zyprexa Zydis)
- fluvoxamine (Luvox, Luvox CR) (Luvox, Luvox CR)
- risperidone (oral) (Risperdal, Risperdal M-Tab)
- pimozide (Orap) (Orap)
- loxapine (oral) (Loxitane) (Loxitane, Loxitane C)
- trifluoperazine (Stelazine) (Stelazine)
- isocarboxazid (Marplan) (Marplan)
- clomipramine (Anafranil) (Anafranil)
- perphenazine (Trilafon) (Trilafon)
Mental Health Images and Slideshows
- Pain Management: One-Move Fixes for Pain and Stress
- Ways to Practice Self-Care
- Reasons You May Have Brain Fog
- 13 Ways to Beat the Afternoon Slump
- ADHD/ADD in Adults: Symptoms & Treatments in Pictures
- How to Break Your Phone Habit
- Surprising Signs of Depression
- Don’t Let Loneliness Harm Your Health
- Binge Watching and Your Health
- Anxiety and Panic Disorders: Conditions That Look Like Anxiety
- Health and Balance: What’s Causing My Mood Swings?
- Alcohol Abuse: 12 Health Risks of Chronic Heavy Drinking
- Mental Health: Where to Get Mental Health Help
- Coronavirus: How the Pandemic Is Affecting Our Bodies
- Brain and Nervous System: Conditions That Can Cause Hallucinations
Mental Health Quizzes
- Schizophrenia Quiz: What is Schizophrenia?
- Grief, Bereavement, and Mourning Quiz: Test Your Understanding
- Moods Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
- PTSD Quiz: Test your IQ of Posttraumatic Stress Disorder
- Stress Quiz: Test Your Emotional IQ
- Panic Attacks (Panic Disorder) Quiz: Test Your Mental Health IQ
- Adult ADHD Quiz: Symptoms & Test
Mental Health News
- Synthetic Opioid Use Up Almost 800% Nationwide
- US House Votes to Ease Federal Cannabis Rules
- Alcohol-Related Deaths Spiked During First Year of Pandemic
- 'Bigorexia': Why Teenage Boys Are Obsessed With Bulking Up
- Sociopath vs. Psychopath: What's the Difference?
- Restless Legs Syndrome Surged Early During COVID Pandemic
- Stress May Turn Hair Gray, But Calm May Reverse It
- Placenta's Role in Schizophrenia 'Bigger Than We Imagined'
- National Spike in Methamphetamine Overdose Deaths
- As COVID Numbers Rise, So Does 'Psychic Numbing'
- Can Eating Disorders Be Predicted?
- From Cradle to Grave, Alcohol Is Bad for the Brain
- Anorexia May Stunt Young Women's Growth
- CBD as Treatment for Cannabis Use Disorder?
- 'Worldwide Prevalence' of OCD Higher in Women vs. Men