Mole Removal

Did you have a mole removed? Please describe your experience. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Mole removal 12-2017, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

It's been about 4 weeks now since I had a mole removed from the stomach area. It is still a little sore, not healing. The doctor told me to only use plain Vaseline on the area. I will be calling the doctor this week. I don't like the look around the area. I am using Neosporin now, and it is helping some.

Comment from: Renee, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 07

I had several skin tags removed a few days ago. I had never had them done with the razor at the doctor's office. I am in extreme pain and it has been 2 full days. The burn is what hurts extremely bad. I was not informed of aftercare. I'm just today putting some Neosporin on. I'm hoping for relief and some quick healing. This is nothing like I expected. I wish I could post a picture. I would not recommend that razor to anyone. I've had this done before but never experienced this. Be careful to ask questions about the technique and aftercare.

Comment from: billjano, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: January 25

I encountered infection after the removal of my mole. Here's is what the doctor remarked: this is normal infection! Three weeks later it appears the infection is not getting any better, maybe a little worse. I am giving him a call again. If I get no results I will go to family doctor.

Comment from: Betty dear, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 13

I had some moles removed on my face about a week ago. I have red raised bumps and they hurt. I have been washing my face with an antibacterial soap and putting Neosporin on the bumps that are red and raised up because my face hurts in those areas.

Comment from: angelita, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 01

My mole was accidentally removed.

• Mole Removal - Experience

Please describe your experience with mole removal.

Post View 13 Comments

Medically reviewed by Norman Levine, MD; American Board of Dermatology

Freedberg, I.M., A.Z. Eisen, K. Wolff, et al. Dermatology in General Medicine. Vol 1. New York: McGraw-Hill; 1999.

"Moles." American Academy of Dermatology. <http://www.aad.org/public/Publications/ pamphlets/Moles.htm.>.