Molluscum Contagiosum

What were the symptoms of your molluscum contagiosum? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: michelle, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 21

My son started with molluscum after contact with his cousin (who had it and we didn't know until it was too late). At first it was mild and then what seemed like overnight, it started to spread and the spots became larger and more painful.

Comment from: Cindy, 0-2 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 04

My little girl had molluscum contagiosum for over 12 months. They were spreading faster than I could keep on top of them. She had 3 on her belly in December 2016 and by November 2017 had approximately 150 from her neck to torso. I've tried so many products - Sudocrem, Zovirax, tea tree oil, pulling the head out of them and wiping clean, covering, Mollenol, nothing works.

American Academy of Dermatology. "Molluscum contagiosum." <https://www.aad.org/public/diseases/contagious-skin-diseases/molluscum-contagiosum>.

United States. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention. "Molluscum (Molluscum Contagiosum)." May 2015. <http://www.cdc.gov/poxvirus/molluscum-contagiosum/index.html>.