Night Sweats (in Men and Women)

What was your treatment for night sweats? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Me, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 12

I was getting hot flushes up to 3 times an hour day and night, so I decided to add more soya products, flax seeds, to my diet. I found omega 3 fish oil capsules helped for general hip aches. Plus, I went on a diet and lost 20 pounds and generally cut down on salt and carbs. Now I’m down to hot sweats 3 to 4 times a day and a couple of times at night, they are less intense, more warm glows than hot sweats, and I feel so much healthier.

Comment from: Granny, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 07

I have been having night sweats and hot flashes for eight years. For four years I have been post-menopausal. I have discovered that it helps if I sleep in cotton pajamas (flannels) and sleep on top of the covers. I am mostly waking up when I am cold and need to have the covers put back on. Every once in a while I wake up at about 2 AM soaked and in a puddle. Last night sweat running down my face woke me up. I have a change at the end of the bed; I strip off one gown and put on another and usually can go back to sleep.

Comment from: poneloya, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: March 05

I have had night sweats for the past 3 years, now it is almost every day. A friend told me not to use flannel sheets, so I did that, no heater, and no pajamas or shorts on me just a sheet and blanket and still I have it. Another thing is that this only happens during the winter or cold month, I wake up soaked and wet, during the summer I'm fine.

Comment from: CKirk807, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 22

I am 66 years old. The past week or so, I have been waking up between 2 and 5 a.m. in a pool of sweat. Early this morning I got up and changed my nightgown and underwear and went back to bed. I never had night sweats when I was going through menopause. I would get the hot flashes in bed and cover up in bed, then toss off the covers, then cover up again, etc. all night long. I never did sweat at night. Here I am, 66 years old and now I experience night sweats. I can’t help but wonder why this is happening now.

Comment from: amberlee81, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 29

I have been having night sweats for weeks now, just like everyone else. I drench the bed, and feel gross when I wake up. It is a problem. I told my doctor, and he put me on a medication for anxiety to see if it would help, but it’s not working. I hate this.

QUESTION

If menopause occurs in a woman younger than ___ years, it is considered to be premature. See Answer
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW