Expert Views and News
- Chronic Diarrhea Linked to Obesity
- Obesity Poses Biggest Risk for Diabetes
- Historic High as Obesity Exceeds 35 Percent
- Obesity-Associated Cancer Shifting Younger
- Food Insecurity Linked to Binge Eating Disorder
- Bariatric Surgery Only Partly Fixes Gut Flora
- Fitness Can't Counteract Fat in Heart Attack Study
- More Doubt for 'Metabolically Healthy Obesity'
- Lose Weight in Pregnancy for Healthy Baby
- Freezing Hunger-Signal May Spur Weight Loss
- US Adult Obesity Rate Jumped Over Last 20 Years
- Sudden Cardiac Arrest in Young Tied to Obesity
- Rising Obesity in South Leads to Diabetes Increase
- Most US Children Today Will Be Obese by Age 35
- Shift Work Increases Risk of Apple-Shaped Weight
- Obesity Affects Sperm Quality and Quantity
- 5 Deaths Reported After Balloon Obesity Treatments
- New Treatment a Weight Loss Surgery Alternative
- Obesity in Children Quadruples Their Diabetes Risk
- Fate of Lesser-Known Obamacare Benefits Not Known
- Kids With Asthma More Likely to Develop Obesity
- Parental Obesity Linked to Delays in Kids
- CDC Reports Improvement in Childhood Obesity
- Gastric Bypass May Bring Infant Nutrition Deficits
- Obesity May Age Your Brain
- Over-the-Top Burger Nabs ‘Xtreme Eating' Award
- One Person's ‘Healthy' May Be Another's Junk Food
- Sitting for a Long Time Not as Bad as Thought?
- Experts Link Hormone-Disrupting Chemicals to Diabetes, Obesity
- Is Obesity ‘Hardwired' in the Brain?
- Should I Still Take Contrave?
- Obese People Fall Into 6 Groups: Study
- New Weight Loss Drug Saxenda: FAQ
- Contrave, Newest Weight Loss Option: FAQ
- Why Aren't Rx Weight-Loss Drugs More in Demand?
- Did Your Meal Win an Xtreme Eating Award?
- Extreme Obesity Shorten Life By Up to 14 Years
- Saturated Fats: Bad, Not So Bad?
- Weight Loss Surgery for Severely Obese Teens
- Sugary Drinks and Rheumatoid Arthritis Linked?
- CDC Finds 200,000 Preventable Heart, Stroke Deaths
- Q&A: Were You Born to Be Obese?
- Does Less Housework by Women Lead to More Obesity?
- Adult Kidney Failure Tied to Excess Weight as Teen
- Top 10 Fitness Trends Picked for 2013
- Stress in Parents Linked to Obesity in Kids
- Addiction a Risk After Weight Loss Surgery
- 'Meatless Monday' May Mean More Fruits, Veggies
- Weight Watchers Gets Thumbs Up in Study
- Child Obesity Risks May Be Greater Than Thought
- Sugary Drinks and Weight Gain Linked
- Weight Loss Pill Qsymia Now for Sale
- BPA in Foods, Drinks Linked to Childhood Obesity
- By 2030, Obesity Rates Could Top 60% in 13 States
- Only Children More Likely to Be Overweight
- Obesity May Affect Breast Cancer Recovery
- Gallstones in Kids, Teens Linked to Obesity
- More Self-Control as a Child, Lower BMI as Adult?
- Excess Weight, Diabetes Raise Risk of Big Babies
- State Obesity Rankings: No Winners
- Are You in Denial About Your Weight?
- Qsymia, Belviq: New Weight Loss Drugs Compared
- FDA Approves Diet Drug Qsymia
- Playing Multiple Sports Helps Beat Teen Obesity
- Breastfeeding Fights Obesity
- Sitting Too Much May Shave Years Off of Our Lives
- FDA Approves Diet Pill Belviq
- Task Force to Doctors: Obesity Screening for All
- Bariatric Surgery Cuts Heart Attack Risk for Years
- Eat Breakfast, Cut Diabetes and Obesity Risk
- Obesity, Depression Linked to Daytime Sleepiness
- Overweight, Obese Teens Show Early Heart Risks
- Americans Living Longer but Obesity Rising
- Eggs at Breakfast May Delay Hunger
- A Better Way to Assess Body Fat and Health Risk?
- New Diet Drug Lorcaserin Wins Vote From FDA Panel
- Many Pregnant Women Fear Exercising
- Pregnancy After 40: Healthy Weight Improves Risk
- Testosterone Linked to Weight Loss in Obese Men
- New Weight Loss Plan for U.S. Obesity Crisis
- Many Moms Don't Know Their Babies Are Overweight
- Fat Future: 42% of Americans May Be Obese by 2030
- Black Pepper May Help Fight Fat
- Losing Weight May Help Lower Cancer Risk
- Shift Work May Set Stage for Obesity and Diabetes
- Make Weight Loss a Family Affair
- Genes Pinpointed for Common Childhood Obesity
- Obesity Rate in U.S. Higher Than Thought?
- Weight Loss Surgery Puts Diabetes Into Remission
- Sleep Less, Eat More?
- FDA Panel Votes in Favor of Weight Loss Pill Qnexa
- Fructose off the Hook for Overweight and Obesity?
- Overeating May Raise Risk for Memory Problems
- School Vending Machines Still Offer Too Many Sugary Snacks
- Heart Hormone Linked to Calorie-Burning Brown Fat
- Americans Sweet on Sugar: Time to Regulate?
- Doctor Overweight? Slim Chance of Getting Weight Loss Advice
- Does Obesity Cause Pain?
- Involving Family May Help Overweight Kids Change Habits
- Does Junk Food in Schools Matter?
- Does 'The Biggest Loser' Hurt or Help Obese People?
- Are Americans Getting Fed Up With Obesity?
- Weight Loss: Is Bypass Better than Banding?
- Diabetes Medications May Double as Weight Loss Drugs
- Mindfulness Key to Losing Weight While Eating Out
- Obesity Linked to Poor Mother-Toddler Bond
- Weight Regained in Later Years Has More Fat
- Obesity Rates Fall Among New York City School Kids
- Many Kids' Cereals Loaded With Sugar: Report
- Lower Weight May Be Early Alzheimer's Sign
- Sweets Ban at School Parties May Cut Calorie Overload
- Obese Kids Who Lose Weight May Cut Heart Risk, Too
- FDA Reconsiders Weight Loss Drug Qnexa
- Fast Baby Weight Gain Predicts Child Obesity
- Lack of Sleep, Overweight Linked to Kids' Learning Problems
- Too Much Sugar in Drinks Marketed to Kids
- Binge Eating Often Overlooked in Men
- Weight Regain May Not Be Due to Lack of Willpower
- Doctors Not Stressing Follow-Up Plans With Obese Kids
- Watching Your Protein May Be Key to Weight Control
- Overweight Kids Risk High Blood Pressure
- Eating Styles Rub Off on Family and Friends
- Obesity Puts Young Kids at Risk of Social Isolation
- Parents, Kids, Doctors Balk at Talk About Weight
- Sugar Drink Habit Is Widespread in U.S.
- Obesity Prevention Should Focus on Day Care
- Better Way to Predict Weight Loss?
- Report: 164 Million Obese Adults by 2030
- Obese People Live as Long as Slimmer People
- Childhood Obesity, Drug Abuse Top Concerns for Kids
- Tool Helps Decide When to Get Weight Loss Surgery
- How Does Your Brain Respond to Food?
- Do Fast-Food Customers Read the Calorie Charts?
- Why Comfort Foods Are So Comforting
- Kids Get Extra Calories From Food Outside Home
- Food Boredom May Lead to Weight Loss
- State Obesity Rates Are on the Rise
- Overweight Teens Often Miss Obesity Screening
- Obesity Rates Are Increasing in 16 States
- Is Your House Obese-Proof?
- Gastric Banding: Cheaper Weight Loss Surgery?
- Weight Loss Surgery Fights Diabetes in Multiple Ways
- Unhealthy Eating Habits Start Early
- Fast Food Restaurants Near Schools Don't Raise Obe
- Eat Late, Gain Weight?
- Why Smokers Gain Weight When Quitting
- Weight Loss May Improve Sleep Apnea
- Food Pyramid Replacement Coming June 2
- Psoriasis in Kids Linked to Obesity, Heart Risks
- Obesity, Arthritis, and Lack of Exercise Linked
- Fat May Return After Liposuction
- CDC: Kids Lack Access to Healthy Food Choices
- Seaweed Fiber in Liquid Meals May Cut Hunger
- Alli, Xenical Should Be Pulled, Group Says
- Qnexa Yields Up to Nearly a 10% Weight Loss: Study
- Diet Plan: 6 Mini Meals or 3 Squares a Day?
- Weight Loss After Bariatric Surgery May Ease Migraines
- Sugar May Add to Weight Gain in U.S.
- Unhealthy Diet Raises Heart Risk of Obese Teens
- Apple-Shaped Obesity, Other Forms Equally Risky
- West Virginia Most Obese State, Colorado Least
- FDA OKs Lap-Band Surgery for More Patients
- Moms' Work Hours Affect Kids' Weight?
- FDA Won't Approve Weight Loss Drug Contrave
- Obesity Rates Weigh Down Cities' Budgets
- Diet Guidelines: What Not to Eat
- Baby Fat May Predict Early Obesity
- Kids' Behavior Not Linked to Obese Moms-to-Be
- Exercise More, Gain Less Weight With Age
- Kids' Diets Rarely Mimic Their Parents'
- FDA Panel Supports New Obesity Drug
Obesity Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes:
Obesity Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Orlistat blocks some of the fat that you eat, keeping it from being absorbed by your body...learn more »
Benzphetamine is a stimulant that is similar to an amphetamine. Benzphetamine is an appetite suppressant that affects the central nervous system...learn more »