- Pelvic pain or pressure,
- Pain with intercourse,
- Abdominal swelling and bloating,
- Urinary frequency,
- Ascites (collection of fluid in the abdomen),
- Loss of appetite,
- Feeling full after eating little,
- Gas and/or diarrhea,
- Nausea and vomiting, and
- Abnormalities in menstruation.
Treatment may include surgery followed by chemotherapy.
Must Read Articles:
Breast CancerBreast cancer is the second leading cause of cancer in women. Symptoms and signs of breast cancer include breast lumps, nipple discharge or inversion, or changes in the breast's skin. Treatment typically involves some type of surgery and depends upon the staging of the cancer, the tumor type, and the person's health.
Cancer: What You Need to KnowCancer is a common and deadly disease, and it's surrounded by myths. There are certain basics a patient needs to know when they're confronted with a cancer diagnosis; everything from clinical facts and practices to learning how to navigate the health insurance bureaucracy.
Cancer SymptomsMost symptoms and signs of cancer may also be explained by harmless conditions, so it's important to limit one's risk factors and undergo appropriate cancer screening. Common cancer symptoms and signs are a change in bowel habits or urination, persistent cough, blood in the stool, urine, or saliva, lump in the breast or testicle, hoarseness, swollen glands, a change in a wart or mole, unusual vaginal bleeding or discharge, difficulty swallowing, unexplained weight loss, and headaches.
Ovarian CystsThere are several different types of ovarian cysts (noncancerous growths). Follicular, corpus luteum, hemorrhagic, dermoid, endometrioid (endometriomas), polycystic-appearing ovary, and cystadenoma. There are a variety of causes of ovarian cysts. Some are previous history, irregular menses, increased upper body fat, early menses, infertility, hypothyroidism, or side effect of medication. Symptoms include lower abdominal pain, pain after sex, urination, or bowel movements, nausea, or vomiting. Treatment depends upon the cause of the ovarian cyst.
Expert Views and News
- HPV Vaccine Uptake Low Despite Need for Action
- Regular Aspirin Use Curbs Risk of Cancers
- BRCA Testing Has Skyrocketed, but Misses High-Risk
- Is Hormone Therapy Safe After Ovarian Cancer?
- IVF Tied to Higher Ovarian Cancer Risk?
- Hormone Therapy Safe During Ovarian Cancer?
- New Method May Detect Ovarian Cancer Earlier
- Angelina Jolie Has Ovaries Removed
- Regular Aspirin Use May Reduce Ovarian Cancer Risk
- Angelina Jolie's Double Mastectomy: Q&A
- Night Shifts May Raise Risk of Ovarian Cancer
- 3 Quick Questions Help ID Ovarian Cancer Risk
- Can Being Tall Raise Your Risk of Ovarian Cancer?
- IVF May Raise Risk for Less Aggressive Ovarian Cancer
- Antibody Could Help Predict Ovarian Cancer
- Ovary Removal Doesn't Raise Heart Risk
- Blood Test May Spot Inherited Ovarian Cancer
Ovarian Cancer Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Altretamine is a cancer medicine that interferes with the growth and spread of cancer cells in the body...learn more »