Fibromyalgia is an illness that causes chronic pain in muscles and ligaments. Although this disorder affects about 4 million Americans, the vast majority of them are women in their mid-30s to late-50s. In addition to muscular pain and stiffness, this ailment can also cause fatigue, sleep problems, depression, and an inability to think clearly.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Pain Management related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Pain Management Related Resources
Pain Management Articles
- How Do You Get Fibromyalgia?
- What Is the Average Age for Fibromyalgia?
- Lumbar Laminectomy
- What Can I Do to Relieve My Lower Back Pain?
- Aspirin Poisoning
- Broken Elbow
- Broken Nose
- Nursemaid's Elbow (in Children)
- What Triggers Occipital Neuralgia?
- How Bad Does a Herniated Disc Have to Be for Surgery?
- What Is the Best Treatment for Cervical Radiculopathy?
- What Are the First Signs of Cauda Equina?
Pain Management Medications
- tapentadol (Nucynta, Nucynta ER) (Nucynta)
- alvimopan (Entereg) (Entereg)
- acetaminophen, caffeine, and magnesium salicylate (KneeRelief) (KneeRelief)
- nepafenac ophthalmic (Ilevro, Nevanac) (Nevanac)
- ziconotide (Prialt) (Prialt)
- acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet) (Ultracet)
- naproxen and pseudoephedrine (Aleve Cold and Sinus, Aleve Sinus & Headache, Aleve-D Cold and Sinus) (Aleve Cold and Sinus)
- acetaminophen, caffeine, and dihydrocodeine (Dvorah, Panlor Tablet, Trezix) (Panlor DC, Panlor SS, Trezix and more)
- hydrocodone and ibuprofen (Ibudone, Reprexain, Vicoprofen) (Ibudone, Reprexain, Vicoprofen)
- diphenhydramine and magnesium salicylate (Doans PM) (Doans PM)
- remifentanil (Ultiva)
- acetaminophen and caffeine (Excedrin Mild Headache) (Excedrin Quick Tab Peppermint, Excedrin Quick Tab Spearmint, Excedrin Tension Headache and more)
- naloxone and pentazocine (oral) (Talwin NX) (Talwin NX)
- aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine) (Soma Compound with Codeine)
- acetaminophen and butalbital (Bupap, Cephadyn, Marten-Tab and more)
Pain Management Images and Slideshows
- Back Pain: How to Ease Sciatic Nerve Pain
- Pain Management: Why Does My Calf Muscle Hurt?
- Pain Management: Signs Your Muscle Pain Is Something Else
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Sciatica Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- Osteoarthritis: Guide to Hip Replacement
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: RA Home Remedies That Don't Work
- Abdominal Pain: Common Causes of Stomach Pain in Children
- Lower Back Pain: Symptoms, Stretches, Exercise for Pain Relief
- Pain Management: Ergonomic Tips for a Home Office
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome: Causes, Symptoms, Surgery, and Treatment
- Back Pain: 16 Back Pain Truths and Myths
- What's Causing Your Abdominal Pain?
- Muscle Cramps: Foods That Help and Prevent Cramping
- Back Pain: Common Spine Problems
Pain Management Quizzes
Pain Management News
- CBD's Role in Acute Pain Relief Tied to Patient Expectations
- CBD Users May Test Positive for Marijuana on Urine Drug Screen
- Poor Sleep Worsens Recovery From Chronic Low Back Pain
- The Power of Flowers May Ease Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Is Fibromyalgia Considered a Mental Illness?
- What Foods Trigger Fibromyalgia Pain?
- Docs Fall Short in Following Opioid Prescribing Guidance
- FDA Panel OKs Stronger Opioid Despite Concerns
- FDA Expands Strategies for Safer Opioid Prescribing
- Cannabis for Chronic Nerve Pain: Mechanism Revealed?
- Understanding High Impact Chronic Pain in the U.S.
- What Are the First Signs of Fibromyalgia?
- How Does a Person Get Fibromyalgia?
- How Do You Feel When You Have Fibromyalgia?
- First Ketamine Guidelines for Pain Released