Fibromyalgia is an illness that causes chronic pain in muscles and ligaments. Although this disorder affects about 4 million Americans, the vast majority of them are women in their mid-30s to late-50s. In addition to muscular pain and stiffness, this ailment can also cause fatigue, sleep problems, depression, and an inability to think clearly.
See the complete A-Z list of all the Pain Management related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Pain Management Related Resources
Pain Management Articles
- What Does Acupuncture Actually Do?
- Can a Herniated Disc Heal on Its Own?
- How Do You Treat Low Red Blood Cells?
- How Is Cupping Done?
- What Foods Stop Muscle Cramps?
- How Does a Pinched Nerve Feel?
- Which Exercise to Avoid During Back Pain?
- How Do I Relieve Upper Back Pain?
- What Are the 8 Symptoms of Fibromyalgia?
- How Many 500 mg Tylenol Can I Take?
- How Do You Get Rid of a Pinched Nerve in Your Neck and Shoulder?
- Piriformis Syndrome
- Neck Pain (Cervical Pain, Cervicalgia)
- Are Acetaminophen and Paracetamol the Same?
Pain Management Medications
- tapentadol (Nucynta, Nucynta ER) (Nucynta)
- alvimopan (Entereg) (Entereg)
- acetaminophen, caffeine, and magnesium salicylate (KneeRelief) (KneeRelief)
- nepafenac ophthalmic (Ilevro, Nevanac) (Nevanac)
- ziconotide (Prialt) (Prialt)
- acetaminophen and tramadol (Ultracet) (Ultracet)
- naproxen and pseudoephedrine (Aleve Cold and Sinus) (Aleve Cold and Sinus)
- acetaminophen, caffeine, and dihydrocodeine (Dvorah, Panlor Tablet, Trezix) (Panlor DC, Panlor SS, Trezix and more)
- hydrocodone and ibuprofen (Ibudone, Reprexain, Vicoprofen) (Ibudone, Reprexain, Vicoprofen)
- diphenhydramine and magnesium salicylate (Doans PM) (Doans PM)
- remifentanil (Ultiva)
- acetaminophen and caffeine (Excedrin Mild Headache) (Excedrin Quick Tab Peppermint, Excedrin Quick Tab Spearmint, Excedrin Tension Headache and more)
- naloxone and pentazocine (oral) (Talwin NX) (Talwin NX)
- aspirin, carisoprodol, and codeine (Soma Compound with Codeine) (Soma Compound with Codeine)
- acetaminophen and butalbital (Bupap, Cephadyn, Marten-Tab and more)
Pain Management Images and Slideshows
- Muscle Cramps: Foods That Help and Prevent Cramping
- What Are the 7 Pains You Should Never Ignore?
- Pain Management: Knee Pain Dos and Don'ts
- Healthy Living: How to Listen to Your Body
- Back Pain: Everyday Activities with Low Back Pain
- Fibromyalgia: Easy Home Exercises to Manage Fibromyalgia Pain
- Low Back Pain: 11 Stretches & Exercises for Relief
- Back Pain: How to Ease Sciatic Nerve Pain
- Pain Management: Why Does My Calf Muscle Hurt?
- Pain Management: Signs Your Muscle Pain Is Something Else
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Sciatica Symptoms, Causes, Treatments
- Osteoarthritis: Guide to Hip Replacement
- Rheumatoid Arthritis: RA Home Remedies That Don't Work
- Abdominal Pain: Common Causes of Stomach Pain in Children
Pain Management Quizzes
Pain Management News
- Opioids May Cause More Harm Than Good After Mild to Moderate Surgery
- Using Anti-Inflammatory Drugs May Prolong Back Pain
- CBD's Role in Acute Pain Relief Tied to Patient Expectations
- CBD Users May Test Positive for Marijuana on Urine Drug Screen
- Poor Sleep Worsens Recovery From Chronic Low Back Pain
- The Power of Flowers May Ease Fibromyalgia Symptoms
- Is Fibromyalgia Considered a Mental Illness?
- What Foods Trigger Fibromyalgia Pain?
- Docs Fall Short in Following Opioid Prescribing Guidance
- FDA Panel OKs Stronger Opioid Despite Concerns
- FDA Expands Strategies for Safer Opioid Prescribing
- Cannabis for Chronic Nerve Pain: Mechanism Revealed?
- Understanding High Impact Chronic Pain in the U.S.
- What Are the First Signs of Fibromyalgia?
- How Does a Person Get Fibromyalgia?