Painful Intercourse (Sex)

What treatments were effective in treating your painful intercourse or sex? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: cindy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 08

I have no idea what is causing my severe pain during sex. It came on suddenly when I was 56. I was having symptoms of menopause. I wish my happy sex life was back again. I thought I was one of those women who would enjoy it into their golden years. I feel so bad I told my man that I would never have sex again and he told me angrily than he didn't want it any more either. I am so hurt. I tried all of the over the counter remedies and my doctor tried two other remedies on me but none worked. I have a prolapsed bladder and no uterus which were operated on when I was in my late 20s after my son was born. I have a lot of scar tissue from my surgeries. This is more than just troubling.

Bachmann, and Richard J. Santen. "Patient Education: Vaginal Dryness (Beyond the Basics)." UpToDate.com. Oct. 24, 2018. <https://www.uptodate.com/contents/vaginal-dryness-beyond-the-basics>.

Heim, Lori J. "Evaluation and Differential Diagnosis of Dyspareunia." American Family Physician 63.8 (2001): 1535-1545.