Viewer Comments: Palpitations - Causes

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Palpitations:

Palpitations - Causes

What is the cause of your palpitations?

Comment from: carrollmac345, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I get palpitations after drinking water and eating a cracker, plus I have low blood sugar. I have never smoked in my life, I do not drink and don't take drugs. My neighbors smoke and I have COPD with exacerbation and hypoxemia.

Comment from: oddie, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 23

Palpitations last for weeks and wear me out.

Comment from: Recca, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 18

I thought belonged to the few unfortunate people who have been experiencing this palpitation. Apparently many of us do and actually reading your experiences lessens my worries. What really worries me too much is that this palpitation happens without any reason. Especially in my case, I travel regularly alone. The feeling of fainting worries me, especially when I'm in a crowd or in a bus.

Comment from: uche, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 04

The cause of my palpitation is a staph infection.

Comment from: S. Janet, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

The cause of my palpitations is thyroid replacement treatment.

Must Read Articles Related to Palpitations

Anxiety
Anxiety Anxiety as a medical condition is characterized ...learn more >>
Atrial Fibrillation (AFib)
Atrial Fibrillation

Atrial fibrillation (AFib) describes a rapid, irregular heart rhythm. The irregular rhythm, or learn more >>

Atrial Flutter
Atrial Flutter

Atrial flutter is a type of arrhyt...learn more >>

The eMedicineHealth doctors ask about Palpitations:

Palpitations - Experience

Please describe your experience with palpitations.

Palpitations - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your palpitations?

Atrial Fibrillation Slideshow