Acute and Chronic Pancreatitis

What were your symptoms of chronic pancreatitis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: jon, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 16

I have pain in my left side and left back from chronic pancreatitis. I take lipase. I ate a fatty meal which put me to bed. I found that not eating, taking Zenpep and an antacid helped most. Pancreas now acts up easily, and I experience pain, nausea, feeling extremely poorly overall, and now I have palpitations. I intend to see a professional as heart disease history is predominant.

Comment from: Abdominal pain hedac, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I have pain in lower chest area, in the middle, and heavy headache and vomiting. Now I am 39 weeks pregnant. Yesterday night I had some cottage cheese food and after eating within 2 hours pain started. I am concerned it is pancreatitis.

Comment from: Tommy, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 20

I have had chronic pancreatitis about 3 1/2 years ago and now suffering from constant diarrhea.

Comment from: bluemoonchar, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 17

I have been hospitalized several times for acute pancreatitis. I don't drink and I don't have diabetes. This perplexed doctors. Finally my gastroenterologist said that I had small bowel obstruction and then pancreatitis follows. Usually it is the other way around. I have had multiple surgeries from a car accident, and other surgeries, so I have scar tissue all over the place. My intestines have narrowed and I can only eat soft foods. I am obstructed with fiber and chunks of food. Then all backs up and I get liver problems and pancreatitis. I am far from normal. So if any of you are not drinkers or diabetic, discuss this with your doctor.

SLIDESHOW

Super Tips to Boost Digestive Health: Bloating, Constipation, and More See Slideshow
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW