Peptic Ulcer (Symptoms, Types, Causes, Diet, Treatment)

Please share your experience with peptic ulcers. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: ONYEKACHI, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: August 14

I was a peptic ulcer patient (pyloric ulcer). My symptoms were backache, feeling of heaviness in the stomach, acute headache, heartburn, feeling faint, and difficulty in breathing. My treatment has been Peptikit and an antibiotic drug given to me by my doctor. Things to avoid are alcohol, tobacco, stress, eating late, etc. Present status - completely healed. Side effect is anxiety due to fear of death.

Comment from: Jomama, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 30

Three weeks ago I called 911 because I thought I was having horrible left chest pain below my breast. It was building for a week or so. So I got to the emergency room and had all the right cardiac tests; all normal. I was admitted for more tests the last of which was upper endoscopy where a large ulcer was found on the anastomotic line of my gastric bypass (2007). I am currently on Carafate, bland diet, etc., which has made me much more comfortable. I will have repeat endoscopy in 5 more weeks to determine if I need surgery. We'll see.

Medically reviewed by John A. Daller, MD; American Board of Surgery with subspecialty certification in surgical critical care

Anand, BS., MD. "Peptic Ulcer Disease." Medscape. Updated: Jan 29, 2017.
<http://emedicine.medscape.com/article/181753-overview>

Crowe, S. E., MD. "Patient information: Peptic ulcer disease (Beyond the Basics)." UpToDate. Updated: Aug, 18, 2016.
<http://www.uptodate.com/contents/peptic-ulcer-disease-beyond-the-basics>