Periodontal disease is an infection of the tissues that support the teeth. Teeth are supported by the gums, or gingiva. A tooth's root is anchored to its socket by fibers called periodontal ligaments.
Expert Views and News
- Gum Disease Bacteria a Treatment for Alzheimer's
- Inflammation and Bone Loss in Gum Disease
- Dentists Play Key Role in Management of Diabetes
- Severe Gum Disease Increases Cancer, Mortality
- Gum Disease Significantly Increases Risk for Many
- How a Periodontal Infection Might Trigger RA
- Is There Proof Gum Disease Causes Heart Disease?
Periodontal Disease (Gum Disease) Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Chlorhexidine gluconate is a germicidal mouthwash that reduces bacteria in the mouth...learn more »