Plaque Psoriasis

Have any treatments been effective for your plaque psoriasis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: BECKY, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 12

I had plaque psoriasis on the back of my head for years. It was a 3 inch area up and down from my hairline. I had long hair then and that section never grew. It itched terribly especially after washing or sweating. Moisture really set it off. I finally found relief when I told my new doctor and she prescribed betamethasone dipropionate lotion. It worked! No more rash, no more itch! And my hair grew in!

Comment from: mkane1997, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 07

I am using Dovonex cream and it works well for plaque psoriasis. Halog cream also helps. I have not taken any shots since insurance won't pay for it. Sulfur antibiotics have worked well but most doctors will not want that treatment. I have has psoriasis since 1981. For my scalp coal tar shampoo works well; Dollar General and perhaps Family Dollar have their generic version for about 75 percent less; someone told me coal tar is not available in California.

SLIDESHOW