Plaque Psoriasis

What are the symptoms and signs of your plaque psoriasis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Holy, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 05

I started suffering from plaque psoriasis since maybe from when I was two to three years old. It was very severe in the beginning but now it is almost healed. I came to know that I am going to face this disease again by noticing several small rashes on my skin. And within a week they grew up to a size of a grain and there were changes to its color to deep grey hard flaked dot. Then by 10 or 15 days they started popping and started spreading in ring forms. And my entire body used to turn flakey, puffed, and reddish, with itchy skin. My skin tends to be very dry. So I had to apply heavy moisturizer almost after every hour in winter. Or else my skin started to crack and bleed. It takes near about a season or sometimes a year to get healed. The journey of healing process was very painful and full of insecurity. Now I am almost healed but I have a very weak immune system. And the disease seems to be genetically gifted. Perhaps my weak immune system is a cause of psoriasis.

Comment from: Soozee, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 02

I have been on antibiotics for various problems for the last year and a half, and developed plaque psoriasis because the antibiotics crashed my immune system. I am working on building my immune system back up. I am really frustrated.

Comment from: bobby, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 11

I was twenty two when I was sleep walking; off a second story. I fell head first into the cement sidewalk below. The doctors tell me had I been any more limber or more awake, I might have been quadriplegic. I do not remember the night in question. The doctors advised me that my nervous system was 'shorted out ' and this is what caused my severe psoriasis.

Comment from: patchy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

I am 69, and have had a mild psoriasis for about ten years. I have tried 3-4 types of creams without success. Soaking in Epsom Salt (1 cup/tub) has helped. It seems to loosen the plaques, allowing them to be lifted off. My plaques almost always in hole in th. I've never seen a plaque described as such

SLIDESHOW