Poisoning can have serious signs or symptoms including
The National Poisong Control Center phone number in the U.S. 1-800-222-1222. Causes of poisoning include
- lead, and
Treatment depends upon the type of poisoning.
Expert Views and News
- Is There Lead in Your Water?
- Onion Recalls Continue
- Salmonella Outbreak Again Tied to Ohio Hatchery
- Prenatal Pesticide Exposure May Harm Kids' Brains
- CDC: Child, Teen Injury Deaths Dropping
- Medication Leading Cause of Child Poisoning in U.S.
- Study Finds Bacteria in Unused Paper Towels
- Deaths From Drug Poisoning in the U.S Jump by Sixfold
- Report: Arsenic in Apple, Grape Juice
- Intentional Poisonings in Clubs, Bars May Be on the Rise
- Listeria/Cantaloupe Death Toll Sets Record
- Listeria: Are You at Risk?
- Food-Borne Disease Outbreaks in a Year
- EPA Proposes New Mercury Air Pollution Rules
- Nuclear Meltdown in Japan: Radiation Risk?
- Drug-Related Poisonings Land Many in ER