Pregnancy occurs when an egg is fertilized by a sperm, grows inside a woman's uterus (womb), and develops into a baby. In humans, this process takes about 264 days, but the obstetrician will date from the last menstrual period or 280 days (40 weeks).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Pregnancy related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Pregnancy Related Resources
- How Do I Calculate My Due Date of Pregnancy?
- How Do You Feel 24 to 48 Hours Before Labor?
- Pregnancy Loss
- How Long Does Prodromal Labor Last?
- How Can I Induce Myself into Labor?
- How Do I Calculate If I Am Pregnant?
- What Are the 4 Types of Artificial Insemination?
- Pregnancy Week by Week
- What Causes Endometrium Swelling?
- Pregnancy: Early Signs and Symptoms
- What's the Difference Between Mucus Plug and Bloody Show?
- How Soon Will A Pregnancy Test Read Positive?
- Trisomy 18 (Edwards Syndrome)
- prenatal multivitamins (Active OB DHA, Advance Care Plus, Advanced NatalCare) (Foltabs plus DHA, Gesticare, Gesticare DHA and more)
- dinoprostone topical (Cervidil, Prepidil, Prostin E2) (Cervidil, Prepidil, Prostin E2)
- methylergonovine (oral and injection) (Methergine) (Methergine)
- oxytocin (Pitocin, Syntocinon)
Pregnancy Images and Slideshows
- Pregnancy: Your Prepregnancy Checklist
- Pregnancy: Smart Snacks When You're Pregnant
- Pregnancy: What Foods Make Morning Sickness Worse
- What Should I Eat Every Day When I Am Pregnant?
- What Are the Most Common Pregnancy Cravings?
- What Are the Fastest Ways to Lose Weight After Pregnancy?
- What Are the Dos and Don'ts During the Second Trimester of Pregnancy?
- What Are the Signs of Not Being Able to Have a Baby?
- What Vitamins and Supplements Should I Take to Increase Fertility?
- What Foods Should I Eat During My First Trimester of Pregnancy?
- How Do I Know If I'm Pregnant or If My Period Is Just Late?
- Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
- Fetal Development Stages: Month by Month Embryo Pictures
- Conception: The Amazing Journey from Egg to Embryo
- 16 Early Signs & Symptoms of Pregnancy: Could You Be Pregnant?