Pregnancy occurs when an egg is fertilized by a sperm, grows inside a woman's uterus (womb), and develops into a baby. In humans, this process takes about 264 days, but the obstetrician will date from the last menstrual period or 280 days (40 weeks).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Pregnancy related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Pregnancy Related Resources
- What Week Do Pregnancy Symptoms Start?
- What's the Difference Between Mucus Plug and Bloody Show?
- Implantation Bleeding vs. Period
- Pregnancy, Round Ligament Pain
- How Soon Will A Pregnancy Test Read Positive?
- When Should You Take a Pregnancy Test If You Have PCOS?
- How Do I Know If It's Implantation Bleeding?
- Postpartum Perineal Care
- Vaginal Birth After Cesarean Delivery (VBAC)
- Pregnancy: Early Symptoms and Signs
- C-Section (Cesarean Childbirth)
- Placenta Previa
- Conjoined Twins
- prenatal multivitamins (Active OB DHA, Advance Care Plus, Advanced NatalCare) (Foltabs plus DHA, Gesticare, Gesticare DHA and more)
- dinoprostone topical (Cervidil, Prepidil, Prostin E2) (Cervidil, Prepidil, Prostin E2)
- methylergonovine (oral and injection) (Methergine) (Methergine)
- oxytocin (Pitocin, Syntocinon)
Pregnancy Images and Slideshows
- 13 Early Signs & Symptoms of Pregnancy
- Stages of Pregnancy: Week by Week
- Pregnancy: Multiple Births, Twins, Triplets, and More
- Picture of Third Trimester (32 Weeks)
- Picture of Third Trimester (36 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (16 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (20 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (24 Weeks)
- Picture of Tubal Pregnancy
- Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
- Fetal Development Stages: Month by Month Embryo Pictures
- Conception: The Amazing Journey from Egg to Embryo
- Picture of First Trimester (8 Weeks)
- Picture of First Trimester (12 Weeks)
- Picture of First Trimester (4 Weeks)
- Migraine Often a Deciding Factor in Pregnancy Planning
- Giving Birth Even Once Linked to Worse Cardiovascular Health
- Surgeon General Warns of Marijuana Risk in Pregnancy, Youth
- Nutrient May Protect the Fetal Brain From Prenatal Marijuana Use
- Are Rising Temperatures Affecting Fetal Development?
- High BP Early in Pregnancy Linked to Birth Risks
- Processed Foods During Pregnancy May Be Linked to Autism
- Antibiotics After Assisted Vaginal Delivery Reduce Infections
- CDC: 700 Pregnancy-Related Deaths Annually, Most Preventable
- Blood Test Speeds Preeclampsia Diagnosis, Improves Outcomes
- Simple New Urine Test for Preeclampsia Could Save Many Lives
- Smoking Doubles Risk for Sudden Unexplained Infant Death
- Preeclampsia Linked to Later Stroke Risk, Aspirin May Help
- Four Steps to Reduce Maternal Mortality
- Is Infertility Treatable?