Pregnancy occurs when an egg is fertilized by a sperm, grows inside a woman's uterus (womb), and develops into a baby. In humans, this process takes about 264 days, but the obstetrician will date from the last menstrual period or 280 days (40 weeks).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Pregnancy related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Pregnancy Related Resources
- What Are the Types of Pregnancy?
- What Are the 3 Trimesters of Pregnancy?
- Can the COVID-19 Vaccine Affect Fertility?
- Can You Get Pregnant While Breastfeeding and Not Having a Period?
- Does Nausea Mean Labor Is Coming?
- Is Cramping at 18 Weeks Normal?
- Can I Get Pregnant After Receiving the COVID-19 Vaccine?
- Can a 15-Year-Old Deliver a Baby?
- What Trimester Are You Most Tired During Pregnancy?
- Which Food Is Good In the 2nd Trimester of Pregnancy?
- How Do You Get Rid of Gas Pains While Pregnant?
- How Much Exercise Is Safe During the Second Trimester?
- Are Pregnant Women at Higher Risk with COVID-19?
- How Much Should I Be Eating in the Second Trimester?
- When Should I Worry About Diarrhea in My Third Trimester?
- prenatal multivitamins (Active OB DHA, Advance Care Plus, Advanced NatalCare) (Foltabs plus DHA, Gesticare, Gesticare DHA and more)
- dinoprostone topical (Cervidil, Prepidil, Prostin E2) (Cervidil, Prepidil, Prostin E2)
- methylergonovine (oral and injection) (Methergine) (Methergine)
- oxytocin (Pitocin, Syntocinon)
Pregnancy Images and Slideshows
- What Should I Eat Every Day When I Am Pregnant?
- What Are the Most Common Pregnancy Cravings?
- What Are the Fastest Ways to Lose Weight After Pregnancy?
- What Are the Dos and Don'ts During the Second Trimester of Pregnancy?
- What Are the Signs of Not Being Able to Have a Baby?
- What Vitamins and Supplements Should I Take to Increase Fertility?
- What Foods Should I Eat During My First Trimester of Pregnancy?
- How Do I Know If I'm Pregnant or If My Period Is Just Late?
- Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
- Fetal Development Stages: Month by Month Embryo Pictures
- Conception: The Amazing Journey from Egg to Embryo
- 16 Early Signs & Symptoms of Pregnancy: Could You Be Pregnant?
- Stages of Pregnancy: Week by Week
- Pregnancy: Multiple Births, Twins, Triplets, and More
- Picture of Third Trimester (32 Weeks)
- Babies Better Protected From COVID if Mother Vaccinated During Pregnancy
- Chewing Gum May Modestly Reduce Preterm Birth
- Plastics Softeners Tied to Spike in BP During, After Pregnancy
- Warning Against Tylenol, Acetaminophen During Pregnancy
- Want to Have a Baby? Mind Your Alcohol
- Pfizer and Moderna Vaccines Appear Safe, Effective During Pregnancy
- Obesity a 'Double Hit' in Pregnant Women With Heart Disease
- Psoriasis Study Finds Normal Pregnancy Outcomes
- Metformin Improves Most Outcomes for Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Migraine Often a Deciding Factor in Pregnancy Planning
- Giving Birth Even Once Linked to Worse Cardiovascular Health
- Surgeon General Warns of Marijuana Risk in Pregnancy, Youth
- Nutrient May Protect the Fetal Brain From Prenatal Marijuana Use
- Are Rising Temperatures Affecting Fetal Development?
- High BP Early in Pregnancy Linked to Birth Risks