Pregnancy occurs when an egg is fertilized by a sperm, grows inside a woman's uterus (womb), and develops into a baby. In humans, this process takes about 264 days, but the obstetrician will date from the last menstrual period or 280 days (40 weeks).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Pregnancy related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Pregnancy Related Resources
- Ectopic Pregnancy (Tubal Pregnancy)
- C-Section (Cesarean Childbirth)
- Pregnancy (Week-by-Week) - What to Expect
- Home Pregnancy Test
- Threatened Miscarriage
- In Vitro Fertilization (IVF, Artificial Insemination)
- Bleeding During Pregnancy (Light, Heavy, Causes, Pictures)
- Morning Sickness (Vomiting During Pregnancy)
- Labor (Signs and Symptoms)
- Is Infertility Treatable?
- What Can Cause Infertility in a Woman?
- How Do You Know if You’re Infertile?
- How Painful Is Getting an IUD?
- How Effective Is Spermicide?
Pregnancy Images and Slideshows
- Stages of Pregnancy: Week by Week
- Pregnancy: Multiple Births, Twins, Triplets, and More
- Picture of Third Trimester (32 Weeks)
- Picture of Third Trimester (36 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (16 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (20 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (24 Weeks)
- Picture of Tubal Pregnancy
- Early Signs & Symptoms of Pregnancy
- Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
- Fetal Development Stages: Month by Month Embryo Pictures
- Conception: The Amazing Journey from Egg to Embryo
- Picture of First Trimester (8 Weeks)
- Picture of First Trimester (12 Weeks)
- Picture of First Trimester (4 Weeks)
- Preeclampsia Linked to Later Stroke Risk, Aspirin May Help
- Four Steps to Reduce Maternal Mortality
- Counsel Pregnant, Lactating Women Against Marijuana Use
- Very Obese Women: Lose Weight in Pregnancy for Healthy Baby
- Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes More Likely With Hypertension History
- Woman Says Parents' Fertility Doctor Is Her Father
- Birth Interval Linked to Autism Risk
- Social Media May Help Pregnant Moms Overcome Vaccine Fears
- Maternal Use of Acetaminophen Linked to ADHD in Kids
- Sleep Disorders in Pregnancy Linked to Preterm Birth
- Gestational Diabetes a Risk Factor for Postpartum Depression
- Final Fish Consumption Advice From FDA and EPA
- Lamotrigine, Levetiracetam Top AEDs in Pregnancy
- Gastric Bypass May Bring Infant Nutrition Deficits
- Acetaminophen and Pregnancy: Bad Mix?