Pregnancy occurs when an egg is fertilized by a sperm, grows inside a woman's uterus (womb), and develops into a baby. In humans, this process takes about 264 days, but the obstetrician will date from the last menstrual period or 280 days (40 weeks).
See the complete A-Z list of all the Pregnancy related information or browse the current list of select resources.
Pregnancy Related Resources
- Why Can't I Find My Baby's Heartbeat with a Doppler?
- Why Does Preeclampsia Happen?
- How Can I Lower My Blood Pressure After Preeclampsia?
- How Do You Calculate Your Most Fertile Days?
- What Does Folic Acid Do for the Body?
- How Can Gestational Diabetes Affect My Baby?
- What Causes HELLP Syndrome?
- Pregnancy: Early Signs and Symptoms
- Can Sperm Survive in Menstrual Blood?
- How Can I Get Pregnant Easily?
- How Do I Know How Many Weeks Pregnant I Am?
- What Are Swollen Ankles a Sign Of?
- How Effective Is the Morning After Pill?
- What Are Abortion and Miscarriage?
- What Does Birth Control Do to Your Body?
Pregnancy Images and Slideshows
- Prenatal Workout: Safe Exercises for Pregnant Women
- Fetal Development Stages: Month by Month Embryo Pictures
- Conception: The Amazing Journey from Egg to Embryo
- 13 Early Signs & Symptoms of Pregnancy
- Stages of Pregnancy: Week by Week
- Pregnancy: Multiple Births, Twins, Triplets, and More
- Picture of Third Trimester (32 Weeks)
- Picture of Third Trimester (36 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (16 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (20 Weeks)
- Picture of Second Trimester (24 Weeks)
- Picture of Tubal Pregnancy
- Picture of First Trimester (8 Weeks)
- Picture of First Trimester (12 Weeks)
- Picture of First Trimester (4 Weeks)
- Obesity a 'Double Hit' in Pregnant Women With Heart Disease
- Psoriasis Study Finds Normal Pregnancy Outcomes
- Metformin Improves Most Outcomes for Diabetes During Pregnancy
- Migraine Often a Deciding Factor in Pregnancy Planning
- Giving Birth Even Once Linked to Worse Cardiovascular Health
- Surgeon General Warns of Marijuana Risk in Pregnancy, Youth
- Nutrient May Protect the Fetal Brain From Prenatal Marijuana Use
- Are Rising Temperatures Affecting Fetal Development?
- High BP Early in Pregnancy Linked to Birth Risks
- Processed Foods During Pregnancy May Be Linked to Autism
- Antibiotics After Assisted Vaginal Delivery Reduce Infections
- CDC: 700 Pregnancy-Related Deaths Annually, Most Preventable
- Blood Test Speeds Preeclampsia Diagnosis, Improves Outcomes
- Simple New Urine Test for Preeclampsia Could Save Many Lives
- Smoking Doubles Risk for Sudden Unexplained Infant Death