Treatment is to place the affected person in a cool place, try to hydrate the individual, and cool their body with a cool mist of water, or cool (not cold) bath. Heat exhaustion can be prevented if precautions are taken. All cases of heat exhaustion should be evaluated by a medical professional.
Expert Views and News
- Downward Trend in US Infant Mortality Rates Stalls
- Four Steps to Reduce Maternal Mortality
- Label Mix-Up Prompts Asthma/Allergy Med Recall
- Pregnant, Lactating Women and Marijuana Use
- Lose Weight in Pregnancy for Healthy Baby
- Adverse Pregnancy Outcomes With Hypertension
- ADHD Prescriptions Skyrocket Among Young Women
- Birth Interval Linked to Autism Risk
- Social Media Helps Moms Overcome Vaccine Fears
- Sleep Disorders in Pregnancy Link to Preterm Birth
- Hepatitis C Underreported in Infants
- Senate Kills Funding for Planned Parenthood
- Gestational Diabetes and Postpartum Depression
- Final Fish Consumption Advice From FDA and EPA
- Lamotrigine, Levetiracetam Top AEDs in Pregnancy
- GDM Ups Cardiovascular Risk
- Gastric Bypass May Bring Infant Nutrition Deficits
- Guidelines for Pregnancy During Zika Outbreak
- Increase in Birth Defects of Abdominal Wall
- One in 10 Pregnant Women Drinks Alcohol
- Prescription Meds: Too Common in Pregnancy?
- Can You Take Antidepressants While Pregnant?
- Young Parents, Doubled ADHD Risk for Child?
- 3-Parent In Vitro Fertilization: FAQ
- U.K. Approves '3-Parent Babies'
- U.K. Moves Closer to 3-Parent Babies
- Pregnancy Complication Linked to Autism
- Should Men Worry About Being Too Old to Have Kids?
- Pollution Down, but Health Risks Persist
- Egg Freezing for a Future Pregnancy: What to Know
- Duchess Kate & Prince William Expecting 2nd Baby
Pregnancy (First, Second, Third Trimester) Topic Guide - Visuals
Slideshows, Pictures, Images, and Quizzes:
Pregnancy (First, Second, Third Trimester) Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Ferrous fumarate and iron polysaccharide are two different types of iron. You normally get iron from the foods you eat. In your body, iron becomes a part of...learn more »