Cancer is a common and deadly disease, and it's surrounded by myths. There are certain basics a patient needs to know when they're confronted with a cancer diagnosis; everything from clinical facts and practices to learning how to navigate the health insurance bureaucracy.
Expert Views and News
- Statins Again Shown to Improve Odds After Cancer D
- Prostate Cancer and Vasectomy Not Linked
- Scientists Identify 5 Types of Prostate Cancer
- Dogs Find Prostate Cancer by Smell
- The Future of Cancer Detection
- Proton Beam Therapy Better for Prostate Cancer?
- Prostate Cancer: Start-and-Stop Hormone Therapy Works
- Can Prostate Cancer Screening Improve Men's Lives?
- Study: PSA Testing Cuts Worst Prostate Cancers
- Eat Antioxidants to Lower Pancreatic Cancer Risk?
- Prostate Cancer Surgery May Not Always Up Survival
- PSA Screening Controversy: FAQ
- Panel: Don't Get PSA Prostate Cancer Screen
- Some Cholesterol Drugs May Slow Prostate Growth
- Ultrasound 'Male Lumpectomy' for Prostate Cancer
- Best Prostate Cancer Radiation?
- PSA Test Cuts Prostate-Cancer Deaths -- At a Cost
- Can Circumcision Prevent Prostate Cancer?
- New Type of Prostate Cancer Pill Extends Lives
- Study: Radioactive Seeds Beat Out Other Prostate Cancer Treatments
- Drug for Enlarged Prostate May Slow Cancer Growth
- Common Prostate Cancer Treatment May Be Less Risky Than Thought
- Vitamin E Supplements May Raise Prostate Cancer Risk
- Infections Linked to Biopsies for Prostate Cancer
- Shorter Course of Radiation May Treat Prostate Cancer
- Combination Therapy May Treat Prostate Cancer
- FDA: Prostate Cancer Risk From BPH, Hair Drugs
- Prostate Cancer Drug Zytiga May Extend Life
- Coffee May Lower Prostate Cancer Risk
- Prostate Cancer: Early Surgery or Watchful Waiting?
- FDA Approves Prostate Cancer Drug Zytiga
- Prostate Cancer Screening
- Weight Gain After Prostate Cancer Therapy
- Prostate Cancer Test Debate
Prostate Cancer Topic Guide - Medications and Vitamins
Degarelix is a man-made form of a protein that reduces the amount of certain hormones in the body, including testosterone...learn more »
Triptorelin is a man-made form of a hormone that regulates many processes in the body. Triptorelin overstimulates the body's own production of certain hormo...learn more »
Docetaxel is used to treat breast cancer, lung cancer, prostate cancer, stomach cancer, and head/neck cancer...learn more »
Bicalutamide is an anti-androgen. It works in the body by preventing the actions of androgens (male hormones)...learn more »
Nilutamide is an antiandrogen. It works in the body to prevent the actions of androgens (male hormones)...learn more »
Goserelin is a man-made form of a hormone that regulates many processes in the body. Goserelin overstimulates the body's own production of certain hormones,...learn more »
Leuprolide overstimulates the body's own production of certain hormones, which causes that production to shut down temporarily. Leuprolide reduces the amoun...learn more »
Finasteride prevents the conversion of testosterone to dihydrotestosterone (DHT) in the body. DHT is involved in the development of benign prostatic hyperpla...learn more »