Psoriasis

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your psoriasis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: SakshiAG, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 19

Topical and oral medications have been effective in managing psoriasis effectively. Tinefcon gave me a new lease of life. The psoriasis marks were spread all over body and magically all of them started disappearing after taking Tinefcon. The results were evident in only around 3 months which is remarkable as compared to other conventional psoriasis medicine.

Comment from: ChantalM., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 25

I've used a lot of products, but I found Nisim skincare products to be the best for treating psoriasis.

Comment from: Helena O., 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 11

My psoriasis worsens in summer so I apply the DermalMD serum as treatment and use breast milk if I have a source; try both for best effect.

Comment from: Vinoshi, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 16

This dreadful disease troubles me a lot and I had to wear long sleeves even in high summer. Then I discovered a cream for psoriasis and eczema in a shop in Zia village in the island of Kos in Greece. The results were amazing. No more scars, no more shedding.

Comment from: Sunnymom23, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 05

I have used a few different things and so far like DermalMD psoriasis serum. It doesn’t aggravate my skin and I have seen progress.

Comment from: Mary_Sep, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 30

I was recommended to use avocado oil for psoriasis so that I would be free of itchiness and redness. I tried this and was pretty happy with it because I saw in my elbow that it was not so dry as usual. Then I went on vacation in Greece and I got this cream that is specifically for eczema and psoriasis and been buying it since online.

Comment from: Michelle, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I was diagnosed with psoriasis after being put on lithium for manic depression. I use Dovonex ointment, Advantim creams and antifungal creams. Have used coal tar creams, soaps and solutions in the past to no avail. I find a swim in salt water daily in summer and a bit of sun and regular exercise plus water all help the skin. Must keep skin moisturized and have found sorbelene with glycerine & Vit E to be a good basic cream.

Comment from: swtgretchen, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I just got guttate psoriasis for the first time three months ago from getting strep throat. It took four doctors to figure out what I had. Everyone else thought it was an allergic reaction to the amoxicillin they gave me. I still have it. I read about the light therapy, but the doctor said for me not to go to the tanning salon because it's not good for me. I realize the risk, but I would rather take the risk than be itching from head to toe with this horrible thing!

Comment from: Deb C, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I developed psoriasis when I was 26 years old and pregnant. The psoriasis covered every area possible. I did doctor’s treatments of creams and stinking tar. Two years ago I did home treatments using Avon skin So Soft. I only eat healthy foods. Now my psoriasis is very little, like on my elbows but not in big bunches like before. I can wear shorts, skirts, and short-sleeved shirts. I feel great about myself now.

Comment from: Helper, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 22

I use this product called Prosanol from Swedish Skin Care. I found it in a psoriasis magazine. It's not a cream or anything, it's in a spray bottle. Please try it because it really has done so much for my skin.

Comment from: Sarahsue84, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 04

I've had psoriasis for eight years now. The first outbreak was the worst. It got so bad that I could barely walk and my hands were covered with embarrassingly painful sores. I used Dovonex and a topical steroid for about a year with no visible benifets, then finally at the advice of my grandmother who's an old nurse, I stopped using medication. I found out that medications can actually make it worse. In due time my skin healed. I've found that in my case, my body is cycling. While I still have episodes, they are realitivly small and I have not used medication for 7 years. I hope this advise helps others.

QUESTION

Psoriasis causes the top layer of skin cells to become inflamed and grow too quickly and flake off. See Answer
Comment from: Linda, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 16

90% of my body was covered with psoriasis. I read about gluten-free diets, and with nothing to lose, I tried it. Today I’m totally gluten free. It’s safe, but it wasn't easy. But as the weeks passed, I could tell the difference and now I am under 20% coverage. What I am trying to say is that your diet is very important, and your psoriasis can be a side effect from something totally different. Listen to your body, in terms of what it likes and what it doesn't. If it weren’t for that one paragraph about gluten that l read, l don't know where l would be today. I’m 45 years old and I wore my first pair of shorts, my first bathing suit, and my first tank top!

Comment from: SABIHA, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I was suffering with psoriasis for nearly two years. I went to so many doctors and tried so many creams. Then last time I tried one more doctor with a hope to help my psoriasis and the doctor gave me Dermol cream .Within two weeks it started reducing my itchiness and started fading away. Now I have no more psoriasis. I also drink beetroot and carrot juice in empty stomach every morning to clean my insides. Anyone can try these remedies. Give them a try. I hope they work as well for you as they do for me!

Comment from: Ed Noble, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: December 29

I have had it on and off for years...By accident I found taking Resveratrol 125mgs two in the morning two in the evening...knocks it out...First the itching stops than the healing begins...It works like magic for me!

SLIDESHOW