Psoriatic Arthritis

What treatment did you receive for psoriatic arthritis? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: davieb, Male (Patient) Published: June 10

I've had psoriasis for nearly 40 years, I'm now 60 years of age. In my early twenties my body was covered quite extensively. I tried potions and creams to no effect, and bought an infrared/ultraviolet lamp for home use. This cleared my skin, and fortunately I have very little on my skin now. My nails started pitting in 1989, and I was put on methotrexate. It didn't work and I was taken off it as it was damaging my liver. Fast forward to 2009, I developed psoriatic arthritis, and I'm now on leflunomide, Co-codamol for pain, and Adcal for calcium supplement. I was on naproxen for a short while taken off it due to gastric bleed. My next option I have been given is cyclosporine in addition to leflunomide. I only use Alphosyl shampoo, it's kept my scalp clear for years. I'm now trying steeping my fingers once daily in Polytar or Capasal shampoo diluted in water to reduce the pitting on my nails, and there is a slight improvement at the nail beds.

Comment from: Tink51, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: July 11

My brother has this condition in his knee - they drained his knee twice then he had an operation. I am not sure, but I think it was an arthroscopy for his knee. Three months later and he is still suffering with pain from the knee and they have told him the only answer may be another operation. He is on pain killers and anti-inflammatory drug.

QUESTION