Rash

What were the symptoms and signs associated with your rash? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Amblessed, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 31

It just started on my shoulder as ordinary rash and lasted for days, but now it has started spreading to the arm pit and other parts of the body.

Comment from: snapplz, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: August 05

Symptoms presented overnight; on left shin only. Not very painful nor itchy. The rash area is approximately 6 inches wide and 10 inches long. It is only on front of shin.

Comment from: Mr Redneck, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: October 22

The rash started out as a little discolored like small blotches on the side of my neck and spread down my arm. An old doctor gave me some kind of clear liquid, first I had to take a cotton swab with vinegar on it to open the pores and then a cotton swab with this solution on it, put it on once a day for 3 days. I did and it worked, that was way back in 1964. I would get this every so often and then not for 10 or more years, got it again last year and only have a little bit left of that liquid the old doctor gave. That doctor passed so I surely would like to know if someone knew what this is that he gave me.

• Rash - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your rash?

Post View 6 Comments

Bolognia, J.L., J.L. Jorizzo, and J.V. Schaffer, eds. Dermatology, 3rd ed. Philadelphia, PA: Elsevier Saunders, 2012.

Habif, T.P. Clinical Dermatology, 5th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Mosby Elsevier, 2009.