Rectal Bleeding

Please share your experience with rectal bleeding. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Solita57 , 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 04

I have been having rectal bleeding for 2 weeks. First it was the toilet water turning red, then I had a day of dark red blood in the water with a horrible smell that is not normal, and now, I actually pass mostly big blood clots and very little stool. I went to the emergency room, had a CT scan but, they couldn't say why I'm bleeding. Said I need a colonoscopy, but don't know if I can have one since I'm bleeding a lot.

Comment from: Justin.M.w, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: March 04

I have severe rectal bleeding, and no insurance. I have had it for 10 years off and on but now it's every day. This year I got all sorts of issues, and heavy blood with every bowel movement. I know I have got hemorrhoids to a degree but it just doesn’t seem right to see that much blood. I ended up losing my job when this made me sick and weak. I finally went to the emergency room and they just looked me over, judged me and sent me home with a bill. Now I'm really bad with fatigue and stress. Terrible trying to work with this, it is so bad now.

Comment from: Yanni, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 08

I am a 23 year old female. I am experiencing rectal bleeding every time I have a bowel movement, for almost 1 week now. It started last year of August but it just occurs seldom but then I am still worried because I haven't consulted a gastrointestinal specialist.

Comment from: Anastasia, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 18

I saw pink blood on toilet paper after bowel movement every day for 3 weeks. I went to a colorectal surgeon. He checked me and said I have 3 internal hemorrhoids and a small growth that had to be biopsied, in the anal area. The growth was benign and an epidermal inclusion cyst. Meanwhile, I had to have it cauterized again because I saw bright red blood after 5 days of small amount of pink blood. Doctor says it will take 2 plus weeks for bleeding to stop. Hope he's right.

Comment from: BRi, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 30

This is from my personal experience, no actual scientific proof. I was eating a frozen fruit, triple-berry mix every day, thawed, with cereal, including blackberries. I started having rectal bleeding, sometimes it was painful going to bathroom. I read everything I could on the web; frightening. One day I realized when I'm chewing, that some of the fruit have a very hard, sharp texture. I narrowed it down to the blackberries. I thought, 'if they feel sharp in my mouth, perhaps they could also cut soft tissue in my bowels or rectum.' I stopped eating blackberries. Soon the bleeding decreased. I wonder if it took a little time to heal. Fairly soon the bleeding stopped and has not returned. Someone should experiment with this, and leave feedback if you are experiencing the same and eating blackberries. I could be wrong, but that's my experience.

Comment from: Mb, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 11

My husband has observed rectal bleeding when he went to the toilet but no pain.

Comment from: rosy1, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 12

I had been suffering from rectal bleeding for the past 6 months, and was taking medications, but with no relief. I later took a cup of cold milk with equal volume of lemon juice empty stomach for three days. It has been a week, I don't see the bleeding.

Comment from: carolina, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: November 02

Sometimes I bleed rectally when I go the bathroom. It happens sometimes not always.

QUESTION

Pancreatitis is inflammation of an organ in the abdomen called the pancreas. See Answer
CONTINUE SCROLLING FOR RELATED SLIDESHOW