REM Sleep Behavior Disorder

What caused your REM sleep behavior disorder? Submit Your Comment

Comment from: 19-24 Female Published: September 01

I'm not diagnosed yet but I've had trouble sleeping for years. This sounds a lot like me, just more severe. I sometimes wake up with scratches that I didn't go to bed with. If someone is next to me, they sometimes will tell me, that I kept moving and jumping a bit.

Comment from: jwhitney3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: August 24

I had sleep study 2 weeks ago it confirmed no REM sleep even though I take 1.5 to 2 mg Klonopin a night (for about the last 10 years). I am so very tired all the time, thought my depression was getting worse so Dr increased my prozac and added then increased wellbutrin. See the neurologist next month, hope I can just take higher dose of Klonopin and get back to sleeping and no more violent nightmares; most doctors I see do not want to prescribe Klonopin at all!

Comment from: MotownRocker, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 18

I have suffered from absence of achieving REM sleep for many years. I recall being a preteen and having issues with staying asleep. Now, in my young 60s, I continue to sense that my sleep disorder is worsening.

Comment from: mark, 45-54 Male Published: October 21

Hi I have been diagnosed with rem but I am wondering if there are any more day time affects as I get very tired at periods during the day and also suffer from headaches. I also wake up with a muggy head and seem to need extra sleep. I would be grateful for any extra advice as I don't seem to have a lot to go by. Many thanks.

• REM Sleep Behavior Disorder - Treatment

What was the treatment for your REM sleep behavior disorder?

Post View 3 Comments

Medically reviewed by Daniel S. Harrop, MD; American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology

REFERENCE:

"Rapid eye movement sleep behavior disorder"
UpToDate.com