Rheumatoid Arthritis (RA)

Have you made dietary changes that have improved your RA symptoms and signs? If so, please describe these changes. Submit Your Comment

Comment from: Beth, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 01

I was suffering from really bad pains in my hands, feet, wrists, and shoulders especially first thing in the morning. Sometimes the pain would last throughout the day with very little relief. I had read a lot about the treatments for rheumatoid arthritis (RA) and decided that I wanted to see if I could manage my symptoms through diet. I found that a dairy and gluten free diet has worked for me and my symptoms have gone. If I do cheat on the diet, I can feel the effects so I know what's triggering the pains. I found this has really worked for me. It's tough at the start, but persevere, I think it's worth it.

Comment from: Gsarita, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: October 30

Right now, medication is going on for rheumatoid arthritis (RA). The doctor has not told me anything, just asked me to have food on time.

REFERENCE:

McInnes, I.B., and G. Schett. "Mechanisms of Disease: The Pathogenesis of Rheumatoid Arthritis." N Engl J Med 365 (2011): 2205-2219.